JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Owning a boat and being my sons dirt bike mechanic takes a lot of my extra cash !

IMG_2353.JPG

Owning a boat and being my sons dirt bike mechanic takes a lot of my extra cash !

View attachment 1330827
My advice, make the kid learn it if he wants to ride. My 14yo lives for the dirt bikes, I made it very clear before HE bought the first one. I am not your mechanic, you want to ride it drive it or whatever you work on it and learn how it works. Hes done a top end on his CR85, a top end on his KTM 125SX and currently has his brother's (not my kid) CR80 blown apart all over my shop. I give him advice, help him with the technical stuff but do not do it for him. They are his bikes bought with his money, he buys his parts as well. Actually not 10minutes ago he finally got the old Stihl 031 running, hes been working on it for a week now. I haven't been out there yet to figure out what he found but I hear that hes got it going. Yeah I probably could have had it going in an hour or two but hes learning the same way I had too....the best way in my opinion.

My advice, make the kid learn it if he wants to ride. My 14yo lives for the dirt bikes, I made it very clear before HE bought the first one. I am not your mechanic, you want to ride it drive it or whatever you work on it and learn how it works. Hes done a top end on his CR85, a top end on his KTM 125SX and currently has his brother's (not my kid) CR80 blown apart all over my shop. I give him advice, help him with the technical stuff but do not do it for him. They are his bikes bought with his money, he buys his parts as well. Actually not 10minutes ago he finally got the old Stihl 031 running, hes been working on it for a week now. I haven't been out there yet to figure out what he found but I hear that hes got it going. Yeah I probably could have had it going in an hour or two but hes learning the same way I had too....the best way in my opinion.
he kept ruining reels finally he purchased his own Avet

Buck Sheath.jpg Horz Sheath.jpg Blk Sheath1.jpg
I have to many knives, (got to sell some) I thought if I get some sheaths for these possibly people will buy them. I got a couple on-line, about 28 bucks with shipping, they were junk. I made a friend who is a saddle maker, Joe, long story great guy and a master leather worker. I showed Joe my crappy sheaths and asked "Joe can I do better than this" he gave me a long leather lesson, some old tools, and a bunch of scrap leather. I have been making sheaths like this and some phone cases about 3 months now. Sit around with my wife watching some stupid tv show that would normally just make me mad and focus on hand sewing leather. Hobby, saved me from being mad at the woke tv shows.

I recently got real ambitious and decided to restore all of my vintage stereo equipment. I have an old cassette deck, turntable, 3 stereo receivers to do, here's what restoring one looks like on the bench getting it's guts replaced and recalibrated:
IMG_20230107_194522341_HDR.jpg

Here's how this one looks when completed:
5faadac60027ee98bacbae9fae97ab4a~2.jpg

That one is the "newest" model, made in 1981, that most people will bother with. After these, most equipment began a transition to cheapness.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top