JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Road riding a big dirt bike

Yam.JPG

Last Edited:
Did a raft and ride trip on the John day river for our yearly family trip and explored any river access road I could find, playing and looking for new sections to float. I had the bike sideways on the front of the trailer so I could fit the cataraft on the back so I had a big sail up And FJ cruisers don't make good tow rigs, I made 10.6 mpg round-trip hand calculated and it would only pull six gear if you were tucked up behind a semi And the semi had to be doing 70 miles an hour or better or it would just slowly fade Out of the power and you have to go back into fifth

7213A628-1769-4C93-BACA-F788D96816E7.jpeg 15BF2B95-0AFD-40AA-80EC-68A36E0E7C73.jpeg BC754E8E-7CBE-4E33-BB32-F90B2AF605A8.jpeg 89B0B1F2-1DCA-4BAE-AE54-E26B2DEC0FCA.jpeg 41865339-6A12-4486-A88E-D812075EFA9C.jpeg 39507DD2-E181-4878-AE6B-87BB718DD2F7.jpeg 6267BEDC-ED38-4741-810C-4D4BE6819C79.jpeg

Last Edited:
Did a raft and ride trip on the John day river for our yearly family trip and explored any river access road I could find playing and looking for new sections to float. I had the bike sideways on the front of the trailer so I could fit the cataraft on the back so I had a big sale up And FJ cruisers don't make good tow rigs, I made 10.6 mpg round-trip hand calculated and it would only pull six gear if you were tucked up behind a semi And the semi had to be doing 70 miles an hour better or it would just slowly fade Out of the power and you have to go back into fifth

View attachment 1446396 View attachment 1446397 View attachment 1446398 View attachment 1446399 View attachment 1446400 View attachment 1446401 View attachment 1446402
I'm confused... how did you integrate the bike with the raft and doggie? And what became of the pooch when you were on the bike? Just a might confused at how the pictures show your cataraft and dog (and no bike) and then pics of the bike (with no raft or dog)...

Did you float a bit and then (somehow) return to the FJ Cruiser and use the bike for launch site inspections? Then drive the FJ further downstream and then return to the raft again for more float time with the pooch? Then (somehow) go back to the FJ and get the bike again? Lather, rinse, repeat? o_O

It's a family trip so 4 generations. We camp on the river ( bikes at camp) we drive up to 3 different drop in Spots the first is 5.6 miles the last one is a bit over 10 miles and we float back to camp and I shuttle myself with the bike to get my rig ( yes I have to load and Unload the bike on the trailer each time but I'm a pro at that) then usually shuttle them as they come in on rotation the last guy shuttles the next usually only 3-4 shuttles for 13 or so people. Doggie has her own kennel while I'm gone on the bike so she's safe and family at camp on overwatch.

My rig before we stacked one more 12' cat and 3 more small 8-9' pontoons sideways on top of that one.

26C68C74-61C6-4506-A3EF-5F4012910959.jpeg

Last Edited:
It's a family trip so 4 generations. We camp on the river ( bikes at camp) we drive up to 3 different drop in Spots the first is 5.6 miles the last one is a bit over 10 miles and we float back to camp and I shuttle myself with the bike to get my rig ( yes I have to load and Unload the bike on the trailer each time but I'm a pro at that) then usually shuttle them as they come in on rotation the last guy shuttles the next usually only 3-4 shuttles for 13 or so people. Doggie has her own kennel while I'm gone on the bike so she's safe and family at camp on overwatch.

My rig before we stacked one more 12' cat and 3 more small 8-9' pontoons sideways on top of that one.

View attachment 1446451
Thank you for that explanation. I was under the impression from your previous post, given the objects in the pictures, that your "family" was you, your dog, the bike, and the cataraft. I was confused how those four things could manage their way downriver either simultaneously or in leap-frog fashion. But adding in humans, and at least one that can legally drive, as part of your family greatly eases this conundrum... :)

PS: Pooch looks worn out... :s0140:

Mix of hobby and something that I gotta take care of.

Looks like I'm removing the front and rear bearings of my 12.7 detroit to replace the thrust washers. I'm happier doing this sort of thing than I am driving the truck. Upside is its $83 for thrust washers and $50 for oil pan gasket. Downside is I wanted an excuse to do an overhaul.

IMG_3561.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads