JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I like to refurb/restore old electrical stuff and old electronics.

RCA 111K manufactured in 1945, restored in 2019:

IMG_20190210_141703376.jpg

Pioneer SX-1050 manufactured in 1976, lightly refurbished in 2016:
20200206_075716.jpg

Pioneer SX-636 fully refurbished in 2020:
20200206_075945.jpg

Have a bunch of other hobbies too, just can't find the pics.

I'll always be a car guy through and through.
My 2001 Mustang Bullitt was my first car. Did so much with it.
Ready for my next one in a few years. This time I'll be looking at the Shelby route.

IMG_3796.JPG

bdbd8a3e85f2e21d63a19ef1_original.jpg?ixlib=rb-2.1.jpg
These are 3d printed miniature ships a buddy's developing, and I'm going to be painting and assembling some for my own wargaming use. These are British Canada-class 74-gun ships of the line in 1/700 (large), 1/1000 (medium) and 1/1200 (small) scales, and four of the 1/1000 models in that box are mine.

Interesting to find that most gun people are active in such a wide variety of things. Many, like me are into aviation & racing. I built racing engines for forty years, once was a pilot, and A&P mechanic specializing in recip engines.. I drove road racing cars for 18 years. I'm retired now, and this was the last race car I drove in 2008 when I was 58 years old.

Corvette Phred.jpg

Danged Alfa drivers. This is from 1994. I built the the engine for the the WACO UPF-7 in the background, a Continental W-670. I maintained the 1965 Ferrari 275 GTS for a dear old friend who flew SBD Dauntless dive bombers during WWII.

Ferrari UPF-7.jpg

Late '90's at SIR. I'm third from the front. John Shirleys Ex-Fangio GP car and Dellinus's GTZ are in there too, as well as Spyders and Even an S.S.!
Interestingly, Almost all of these guys also shot IPSC or benchrest. with me over the years. And I frequently flew together with many of them as well as they were almost all aviation enthusiasts, Owners or pilots. An appreciation of the engineering, design and craftsmanship is universal to any gearhead, no matter where it is found.

DSC_7814.jpg DSC_7980.jpg

I tend to repair and use old stuff, it's forced me to learn a whole lot about various subjects. It just makes me happy to get a broken piece of junk and get it working and looking good again.

Here is my 1964 Zenith 19" b&w TV, it sits next to my flatscreen. When bored or watching an old movie, I'll watch it with this.

20210513_192154.jpg

I tend to repair and use old stuff, it's forced me to learn a whole lot about various subjects. It just makes me happy to get a broken piece of junk and get it working and looking good again.

Here is my 1964 Zenith 19" b&w TV, it sits next to my flatscreen. When bored or watching an old movie, I'll watch it with this.

View attachment 883062
I feel the same way about building guns.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top