JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hi everyone,

I looking for my first home defense guns what should it be? Also should I buy new or used

Really2.gif
....you can't make up your mind so you have to ask?

Are you even sure that you want a gun?

Kidding aside......
IMHO.....
Do some more research and have an idea first.

Aloha, Mark

your first gun should come with a warranty so your not screwed if you don't know what your looking for and wind up with one that has issues.

If its your going to be your first gun and you don't know anything about guns, you should probably start of by reading some gun safety literature and maybe take some gun safety and handling classes

Most of the firearms I own have been bought 2nd hand from either members of NWFA or local pawn shops. I've had good luck with used guns myself. Depends on what your budget is and what is available where you are located.

Whatever you do, be sure to shop around and research whatever gun you intend to purchase. Different models will have different features that may or may not be of use to your application, and some are just easier to disassemble, clean and put back together than others are.

Most of the firearms I own have been bought 2nd hand from either members of NWFA or local pawn shops. I've had good luck with used guns myself. Depends on what your budget is and what is available where you are located.

Whatever you do, be sure to shop around and research whatever gun you intend to purchase. Different models will have different features that may or may not be of use to your application, and some are just easier to disassemble, clean and put back together than others are.
The best 12 gauge pump or A.R

Hi @Grilling425 Your question is quitly right:)

I also have my Blue hippo car wash store, In summer i have felt a little scared, I have said to my friend to bought a new gun for my safety and my store. I applied for a gun license and after 26 days it has issued to me.

I also bought a used gun for 280$, but i dont know How to use it?.

In evening during closing of my store ,two unknown mens in black facemask come towards me, I tried to load my gun for my safety but i couldn't Load beacuse it was rusty due to old.

So my advise is you to Buy a new gun Thanks!

View attachment 1063699
Well why did you buy an old rusty gun?

Nerf or nothing! - jokes aside.

New or used makes no difference as long as you know what you want and know how to assess if it is safely/fully functioning or not before buying. This is where new can be helpful for buyers that don't know how to do that.

I always assume people who ask questions like these have very little experience with firearms. If that is true, I'd spend $100-$200 on ammo and rental fees and try shooting anything of interest at a range. With that little bit of experience you can better decide what will fit your intentions best and go shopping (whether new or used) after that.

It might seem like a waste of $100-200, but that small amount of cost and experience will be much better than buying something, quickly regretting your decision and have something you don't want.

What is easier to get same day if possible. My birthday is Saturday
The days of being able to buy and leave with it same day are seemingly over in Washington. I haven't bought a gun in years, but as I understand it all purchases now are run through a local LEO background check compared to previously where the national system was used. The result is people are waiting days if not weeks to be able to take their purchases home.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top