Shotgun won't fit in any of my cases! :(

F2CMaDMaXX

Reactions
So i finally picked up my Benelli Montefeltro Sporting, it's my first 30 inch barrel and so far it's proving longer than anything i have to carry it in (possible exception of a hard case at extreme angle)

What is available in a soft case that will handle the length of this? or am i stuck with some kind of break-down case where it fits everything nicely but with the barrel removed.

OP
F2CMaDMaXX

F2CMaDMaXX

Reactions
OP
F2CMaDMaXX

F2CMaDMaXX

Reactions
Yeah, you start getting into your gun rattling around inside, or just generally having too much room except length, like putting a sock on a premature baby's foot :(

I'm going to assemble it and check the real length, Benelli keep saying it's overall length is 51.5 inches, and frankly i'm starting to think that's not the case.

Reno

Reactions
I’ve only ever seen break down cases for those sort of shotguns. Every person I’ve ever seen bring something like that to the club, brings it broken down.

Know anyone that sews?

thorborg

Reactions
I have an Allen @ 52" which should fit your needs as it fits my Benelli @51" and Gunmate @51 1/2" both fit my Benilli though the Gunmate is just there, both under 50 bucks, both very serviceable soft cases, you need to measure your over all and look for shot gun cases of that length in your search efforts.

OP
F2CMaDMaXX

F2CMaDMaXX

Reactions
I have an Allen @ 52" which should fit your needs as it fits my Benelli @51" and Gunmate @51 1/2" both fit my Benilli though the Gunmate is just there, both under 50 bucks, both very serviceable soft cases, you need to measure your over all and look for shot gun cases of that length in your search efforts.
Mine measures 1/8 to 1/4 over 52 for some reason, so it's just too much for the Allen 52" cases :(

I've not really seen break-down cases for sale but i have seen them, that might be the option i have to go for :( (yes i think they're pretty classy, i just hate disassembling and re-assembling the gun)

P7M13

Reactions
I have a few you're welcome to try and have if they fit. They would actually be compliments of @Meridian7750 .
Lemme check against my Urika 391.
Edit to add : mine's 50" with the choke removed, and has 2" to spare in the case. Not much help to you....

Last edited:

turq

Reactions
Midway cotton canvas 52” shotgun case $44 I bought two now. Nice and wide , full length zipper and stout. In Stock

OP
F2CMaDMaXX

F2CMaDMaXX

Reactions
Midway cotton canvas 52” shotgun case $44 I bought two now. Nice and wide , full length zipper and stout. In Stock
I've got three 52" cases and they're all slightly too short by varying degrees.

BigDog67

Reactions
My Hawken is 54" and I found an Allen that fit it. But in looking at their website just now, it is out of stock.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Rimfire Challenge Feb 13th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Project Appleseed
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• A Cut Above Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    My Go To For FTF Transfers and The only FFL I ship to.
    I use a Cut Above for Everything firearm related. I'm in there for something at least weekly. The team is great and the prices are great. You...
  • A Cut Above Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    They make transfers very easy
    My preferred place for transfers. The staff has always been very friendly. Even with the background checks sometimes taking forever, they are...
  • A Cut Above Pawn
    1.00 star(s)
    met a member to sell a gun
    worst experience I have ever had treated as tho i was stealing from them have you ever met someone and with that initial moment you know there's...
  • Gator's Custom Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Awesome store
    been shopping here for years now, so has my grandfather. they provide excellent services
  • HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Great Vendor
    I have not been to the shop yet but have purchased from him online, and all I can say is PERFECT! You could not ask for a nicer, more helpful guy...
Top Bottom