JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
LOSE THE SADDLE RING?!?!?!?!?!!!!

giphy.gif

I'd lose the large hoop for a mid size lever loop.
Keep 'us' posted on the progress.

If it was a simple drop in, I'd consider it, though I believe it requires hand-fitting. I like the mid-sized loop on my carbine I call "Space Cowboy" (pictured below), but I can live with the big loop, and it is curiously fitting for this particular wacky adventure.

spacecowboy1-jpg.jpg

Any tips for making the efile less painful?

In general, no; I found it demonstrably worse than it was pre-41F. I did, however, find a weird work-around for the most vexing problem I had; I simply could not upload the damn trust document (PDF) without either:

1. Nothing happening.
  2. The browser crashing.
Solution? And this actually works, though it sounds bizarre:

1. Create a small Microsoft Word document with like one piece of text in it.
  2. Upload said dummy document.
  3. Upload the Trust PDF.
  4. Delete the dummy Word document.
  5. Win!
No idea why this works, but I learned of it on a different site, and can confirm it does, in fact, work. (Whoever wrote their application needs to be canned post-haste, but we're talking about the Federal government, so he/she likely got a promotion.)

Make sure you Re-Chamber it in .45-70 to give it the Proper Appearance and Feel!

I went through a .45/70 phase. Loved the cartridge, but went in another direction. Interesting idea on an SBRed rig in said though. :D

Speaking of fanning, assuming I assemble tomorrow, I have wacky surprise on this project. I know I am being a tease, but I shall reserve said for the morrow. (My beloved is headed to the city to renew a CHL, so will get the engraving done then, assuming said artisan is not preoccupied.) :D

OP, you might find this a worthwhile read too.

In general, no; I found it demonstrably worse than it was pre-41F. I did, however, find a weird work-around for the most vexing problem I had; I simply could not upload the damn trust document (PDF) without either:

1. Nothing happening.
  2. The browser crashing.
Solution? And this actually works, though it sounds bizarre:

1. Create a small Microsoft Word document with like one piece of text in it.
  2. Upload said dummy document.
  3. Upload the Trust PDF.
  4. Delete the dummy Word document.
  5. Win!
No idea why this works, but I learned of it on a different site, and can confirm it does, in fact, work. (Whoever wrote their application needs to be canned post-haste, but we're talking about the Federal government, so he/she likely got a promotion.)

Great tip. I have a PS90 I need to eFile a form 1 on.

Wow-what an issue. Oh and the government EE that made that, after their promotion, they were traumatized by your harsh words on their work, they are now on 100% medical disability with early retirement at age 32.

Good luck on your Mares Leg re-build project!

Well Well, neat-o build! Me Likey! As to the Side plate loop, swap to a flat one and use as a single point mount! I actually like these on my old levers as they make a single point more practical! Loose the large loop and go to a medium and wrap it in leather and lace it up, and wrap the cheek of the stock the same! Swap the rear sight to a Williams ghost ring and have a Glock or 1911 Tritium pistol sight added to the front! Extreme wackiness, but super cool none the less! Something about a Modern rendition of a classic that really gets me excited! My modern battle rifle bolty is one of those!

Well Well, neat-o build! Me Likey!

Thanks much. :)

Well don't leave us hanging, whats the wacky surprise?

Back in August I sent it in to @Velzey for a few additional gunsmithing work (e.g., fitting front handguard, remove saddle ring, replace magazine follower with metal one, replace funked up screw, etc.). When it gets back, I'm going to build the SBRed version. And will be sure to post the finished product, including the wackiness. :s0155:

I think he decided to go with AR stock, red dot, 37 lights and lasers, a bicycle horn, and a chainsaw bayonet.

Ew. :s0170:

Thanks much. :)

Back in August I sent it in to @Velzey for a few additional gunsmithing work (e.g., fitting front handguard, remove saddle ring, replace magazine follower with metal one, replace funked up screw, etc.). When it gets back, I'm going to build the SBRed version. And will be sure to post the finished product, including the wackiness. :s0155:

Ew. :s0170:
But if you got the chainsaw bayonet and all you could be the next ashy slashy.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top