JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This is the 336-copy lever action made by Rossi.
Anyone have any experience with this one yet?
Youtube is simply UH-BUZZ with review after review on this rifle, and they cannot speak enough superlatives about it.
Apparently, the story is that Marlin decided not to renew their patent on the 336, so its basically a public domain design now (or that's the jist, anyway)...and along comes Rossi.
I'm hesitant to purchase anything made by them, although I'm sure there's a bunch of people here who've had good success with their Rossi products. More power to you, I hope you get to enjoy your weapon for many years.
I was just wondering if anyone here can back up what the YT reviewers are saying about it with some real world experience, limited as it might be (this is a pretty new model).
I've got my dad's 94, so I need another lever .30-30 like I need a (nother) hole in my head, but I like the 336's ability to easily mount a scope in the traditional fashion.
Anyway, if you've tried one out, let us know what you thought of the R95.

Last Edited:
I have a Rossi 92 in .357mag and its been just fine.

Fit and finish might not be as nice as the Marlins USED to be...

I have a newer Marlin 336 (Remlin) and the Rossi 92 is the nicer rifle hands down.

If I was in the market for a 3030 lever gun and the price was right, relative to the other options on the market, I wouldnt hesitate to buy it. Seeing that the Rossi and Marlin are sitting at around $950 and $1200 MSRP, respectively, I wont be buying EITHER...

but if you are up for dropping that kind of coin on a 30-30, you probably wont go wrong with the Rossi

ETA: you will pay that much for a used JM marked Marlin.... and honestly, its probably money better spent that either a new 336 or the Rossi

No experience with that one, but the Rossi 92 we have in .44 Magnum has been a workhorse.
1711411457433.png

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads