JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
15 years ago or so. Working swing shift. I would regularly stop buy a local gun shop to kill time before my shift started. This day they had a screaming deal on a ruger mark something target 22lr. Had to have it. Got to work and had to brag about it in the lunch room about it. One of the guys there offered me a 100 more then I paid. So down the road it went. I really need to get a 22/45

BATFE revoked my pop's FFL for not selling enough guns, and only collecting...

Out of curiosity, how did they determine that?

As to the question, probably the S333 Thunderstruck which I sold in a matter of days. Bought it purely for gonzo purposes (double barrel, volley fire revolver). Couldn't hit the broadside of a barn with it at point blank range and cartridge extraction sucked on toast. That and hit a rough patch around that time in life and was in a reformation state of mind. Ergo dumped.

Pretty sure it was the POS Tech 9 pistol I got on trade at the Portland gun show for a couple handmade knives. I took it out to my dads where he proclaimed it a POS I fired 1 30rd mag couldn't hit a thing with it at 20 yards. Two days later we went to the Seaside Gun Show and I traded it for a Llama 380 (looks like a mine 1911) maybe had it two weeks at the most. Might have only been one week. It was like 25 years ago give me a break.
Best of luck with the Llama. I had one, several years ago, but it shot way too high and I wasn't dedicated enough to get the front sight modified.

I really did like the way it stripped down, like a 1911, though. Far easier than my 3' Kimber 45.

I bought one of the police trade-in Beretta 92Sses that show up for sale from time to time.
Fantastically slick Italian made Beretta but introduced a third type of mag release into my meager "collection" (added a heel button to my paddles and thumb buttons) so I sold it after a couple of weeks. I enjoyed the hell out of shooting it but my tiny brain can only hold so much "muscle memory" before it starts getting confused, ie: fumbling around looking for the button... that could be bad.
It is missed, but I'll get another 92 some day... just gotta pay $200-$300 extra to get a normal mag release :(

I don't remember how long we had it, but a Jennings .22 pistol didn't last long, after only going through 1 magazine. Both it and the .25 caliber Raven weren't worth even the sub-seventy five dollar price tags they carried.

I don't remember how long we had it, but a Jennings .22 pistol didn't last long, after only going through 1 magazine. Both it and the .25 caliber Raven weren't worth even the sub-seventy five dollar price tags they carried.

Reminds me of the Phoenix Arms in .25 ACP I had back in the 90s. One of the biggest POS I ever had the displeasure of shooting.

In the early 80's a friend called me and said his friend needed a loan of $75. He said he had a S&W 357 for collateral. He said he'd be back in 30 days. Twenty nine days later he calls and says he can't repay me. Will I hold it until he sells the Smith? I said consider it sold. He says OK. A week later I'm at my local hardware store and they have a new Colt Diamondback 38 Special 6 inch blued in the case. I ask "Do you take trades?" "Sure" was the answer. I go to the truck and bring in the Smith and $125 and I leave with the Colt. I still have it and still smile every time I take it out of the safe!

I bought one of the police trade-in Beretta 92Sses that show up for sale from time to time.
Fantastically slick Italian made Beretta but introduced a third type of mag release into my meager "collection" (added a heel button to my paddles and thumb buttons) so I sold it after a couple of weeks. I enjoyed the hell out of shooting it but my tiny brain can only hold so much "muscle memory" before it starts getting confused, ie: fumbling around looking for the button... that could be bad.
It is missed, but I'll get another 92 some day... just gotta pay $200-$300 extra to get a normal mag release :(
Mine was so cheap I am holding onto it. I am thinking of getting the sights redone, and just going crazy with it. Make it a better shooter. Possibly get it cerakoted.

Best of luck with the Llama. I had one, several years ago, but it shot way too high and I wasn't dedicated enough to get the front sight modified.

I really did like the way it stripped down, like a 1911, though. Far easier than my 3' Kimber 45.

A friend called me several decades ago to ask if I wanted a .45 auto cheap. He had several, NIB. I said sure. But after handling the thing for about a minute, I declined to buy it. So technically I can't say I bought it and sold it in that minute--which might qualify for the "buy" being the shortest time on this thread, if I had actually handed over the cash. Since then, I've heard from a number of people who said I made a good decision that day.

A friend called me several decades ago to ask if I wanted a .45 auto cheap. He had several, NIB. I said sure. But after handling the thing for about a minute, I declined to buy it. So technically I can't say I bought it and sold it in that minute--which might qualify for the "buy" being the shortest time on this thread, if I had actually handed over the cash. Since then, I've heard from a number of people who said I made a good decision that day.
Oops! I meant to say, the .45 turned out to be a Llama. Heavy and somewhat crudely machined.

Out of curiosity, how did they determine that?

As to the question, probably the S333 Thunderstruck which I sold in a matter of days. Bought it purely for gonzo purposes (double barrel, volley fire revolver). Couldn't hit the broadside of a barn with it at point blank range and cartridge extraction sucked on toast. That and hit a rough patch around that time in life and was in a reformation state of mind. Ergo du
Over several years he did not sell more than a couple firearms, and had collected several dozen. He stated he just wanted to collect and have hassle free checkout, when asked why he wasn't selling during his audit. Since he collects what is considered C&R they told him that license was a better option for him and he hasn't looked back since.
I like to think it was more of an instance of a good officer realizing they were overcharging him for services he wasn't utilizing.
:rolleyes:

Over several years he did not sell more than a couple firearms, and had collected several dozen. He stated he just wanted to collect and have hassle free checkout, when asked why he wasn't selling during his audit. Since he collects what is considered C&R they told him that license was a better option for him and he hasn't looked back since.
I like to think it was more of an instance of a good officer realizing they were overcharging him for services he wasn't utilizing.
:rolleyes:

Gotcha; I was just curious. No one seems to know what the "magic ratio" is or if there even is one. The Investigator that came out to my office said it is not usually a problem, but if they show up and find most or all of them are personal, they yank the license. He told me that was most common out in the isolated farms, ranches or tiny communities in Eastern Oregon where driving to an FFL is a PITA.

Probably less than 24 hours.
I've had a few that I just didn't like after purchasing. Some I even made money on.

The fast's ones I can think of were a couple AR7's. From when Charter was making them. I really loved the idea. The problem was how poorly Charter made them. First one could not get it to work no matter what, so next show it was gone. Before long I just had to buy another one and the same thing happened. Next show it was gone with me wondering why I bothered the second time :(

Gotcha; I was just curious. No one seems to know what the "magic ratio" is or if there even is one. The Investigator that came out to my office said it is not usually a problem, but if they show up and find most or all of them are personal, they yank the license. He told me that was most common out in the isolated farms, ranches or tiny communities in Eastern Oregon where driving to an FFL is a PITA.
Yeah, my pop's didn't even have that excuse. I can't blame them for wanting a license to convenience themselves, but also understand that is not the intention of the license.
I didn't know that was a fairly common issue, so perhaps they need to make a new classification for those folks.

I know it's not what you meant w/ your question but wanted to gloat a little since I've never sold a firearm. (Did have one stolen a long time ago before it was an offense to be a burglary victim.)

Recently my brother asked me, "Hey, you want dad's 22?"

My brother's not a shooter, I am. One word reply, "D'yeah!"

So my shortest held FA is the most recently held. A Mossberg tube-magazine, bolt-action 22. Took it over to the indoor range at TCGC (50-ft) and had a gas with it. Like at the arcade back in the day when you'd try to drill out the star in the target with the BB machine gun.

Benton 8jan20

And BTW, I'm not TAT2D, but something got crossed up in NWFA's DB years ago that never got straightened out. I'm MrB or MrB+ (when I tried re-joining to sort it.)

That Llama and the .22LR version I had are long gone. The little .380 shot fine but the spread was just way to big to rely on for anything but making noise. The .22LR was much better but one time when it took five shots to hit the dumbest Rabbit in all of Central Oregon at maybe 10 yards (the stupid thing just stood their) I decided to let someone else play with it. I replaced it with a Rugar 22/45 MKIII its a MUCH better shooter.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top