JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
500 magnum Snubnose (2.5" barrel).

Screenshot_20210905-004216_Photos.jpg Screenshot_20210905-004140_Photos.jpg Screenshot_20210905-004035_Photos.jpg

Perfect day sunny cool temperature and I was on. Took the RMR off the FNX so much better.

Put a JP spring and muzzle brake on the Wilson Combat. Feels more predictable/linear in the recoil. Trijicon is dialed. Solid.

Remember to park your vehicle a safe distance from the range. My truck canopy window did not like ricochet of 223. DOH.

wilson-FN.jpg

This young man turned 18 on 9/24 and on this date bought his first rifle, some iron sites, and a few boxes of ammo with money he earned over the summer: Ruger AR-15 MPR. Due to many factors, this last Sunday was his first day to shoot it at the range and start zeroing his sites. We WILL NOT be discussing that it took over 100 rounds at 5 shots each to accomplish this zero because dad was dialing the sites the wrong direction and could not figure out why it was not hitting paper even though dad is aware of FORS (hangs head in shame). Following that and getting it zeroed at 25 yards for now he accomplished this with 15 rounds:

IMG_20211101_171654.jpg

He was then offered an opportunity to shoot this Tikka 6.5 Creedmoor by a couple of young men who had been watching him. First time shooting anything like this and that smile is still on his face:

IMG_1894.JPG

They also had a Bergara 6.5 behind him (in picture), but his adrenaline was already pumping after the Tikka.

This young man turned 18 on 9/24 and on this date bought his first rifle, some iron sites, and a few boxes of ammo with money he earned over the summer: Ruger AR-15 MPR. Due to many factors, this last Sunday was his first day to shoot it at the range and start zeroing his sites. We WILL NOT be discussing that it took over 100 rounds at 5 shots each to accomplish this zero because dad was dialing the sites the wrong direction and could not figure out why it was not hitting paper even though dad is aware of FORS (hangs head in shame). Following that and getting it zeroed at 25 yards for now he accomplished this with 15 rounds:

View attachment 1062366

He was then offered an opportunity to shoot this Tikka 6.5 Creedmoor by a couple of young men who had been watching him. First time shooting anything like this and that smile is still on his face:

View attachment 1062367

They also had a Bergara 6.5 behind him (in picture), but his adrenaline was already pumping after the Tikka.
Brilliant! What an awesome birthday outing and entry into legal adulthood!

But, what is FORS? Closest I could come up with in an acronym search was Fiber Optic Rotation System, which didn't seem to gel with the fact that you said the young man was shooting iron sights. Will I also hang my head in shame when you tell me the meaning of the acronym...? :oops:

Darn it, Sobo, I said WE ARE NOT GOING TO DISCUSS THIS! Especially, since it was my ammo he was shooting and we went through 200 rounds. An easy $100 for him to shoot away. FORS is used for zeroing iron sites. FORS:

F Front
O Opposite
R Rear
S Same

Move front site (elevation) in the opposite direction you would think it should go. Shooting High? Adjust front site upwards to lower POI.

Move rear site (windage) in the same direction to adjust POI. Shooting left? Adjust rear sight to the right.

Of course for me, even though the front site states up is a turn to the right, my right is apparently left until the range officer informed me otherwise.

Darn it, Sobo, I said WE ARE NOT GOING TO DISCUSS THIS!
:s0140::s0140::s0140::s0140::s0140::s0140::s0140:
FORS:

F Front
O Opposite
R Rear
S Same
Yeah, I guess I knew that, I just never used an acronym for it.
I've always used "up is down and down is up" and "right is right and left is left".
Basically the same, and it's a lot easier for a dolt like me to remember... :)

I'll spare you any further shame and ridicule and not even comment upon your last sentence... :D

Last Edited:
:s0140::s0140::s0140::s0140::s0140::s0140::s0140:

Yeah, I guess I knew that, I just never used an acronym for it.
I've always used "up is down and down is up" and "right is right and left is left".
Basically the same, and it's a lot easier for a dolt like me to remember... :)

I'll spare you any further shame and ridicule and not even comment upon your last sentence... :D
I like that one too and perhaps I should switch given current circumstances. Of course, until I figure out which direction is right and which is left, up and down might be too hard to figure out. (See what I did there? :s0023::s0023::s0023::s0023::s0023::s0023:)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top