JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Fun stuff shooting the 450 BPE! So here is a trivia question germane to the video: Who knows why one blows down the barrel from the chamber end of a black powder cartridge? What is the purpose or function? Or was it always just for showmanship, bravado, or display??

Well, I blow the barrel-full of smoke out because it is just SOOOOOOOOO darn cool, right? Oh, and wimmin come rushing to my side in an orgasmic ecstasy of abandon when they see that puff of white smoke...

Well, no. I don't.

And THEY don't either.

I blow the barrel of all BP cartridge rifle I shoot so that the moisture from my breath serves to keep the fouling soft and readily removed by the passage of the next bullet. Montana Vintage Arms, who know a bit about BPCR shooting, actually sell a properly-made blow tube.

tac

A few weeks ago, time well spent with the little hooligan.

image.jpg

Shooting his Remington 514Youth

Talk about an accurate rifle! Seriously. That's better than a takedown. Super lightweight.

Yes good eye! :D Its my first member only range but the steal match's have been super cool this year. I don't know if I should renew again this year or switch to Emerald. If people have been to Emerald as a member please let me know how it is with a pm please.

Finally got out shootin again. New gate on North Fork Rd. Not too happy about that.:mad:

Remembered to take the table this time. Make things easier.

Whatever gets you there:rolleyes:

Made up some light loads for the 7mm mag. My shoulder thanks me. Made some 450 Bushmaster loads that were just nasty. The 45 / 70 ones I made were plenty hot too. Had the 22/250 out for the first time also, that's just fun.

Got a 4 x 16 Trijicon on the 243 Ruger, lots a fun. Didn't take much to sight it in.

Some A hole left their garbage and old mattress set in the bus turnaround:mad:

Finally got to shoot the 460 Rowland conversion out . Recoil wasn't bad but if you limp wrist it, plain wont work.

If you need body armor, save your hard drives:D. My CM9 barely made a dent in it. The Rowland went in but just pushed out the side. Tough little buggers.

:eek::eek::eek:
I recently got kicked out of that shooting spot past the new blue gate..
Skamania county sheriff's will start issuing trespassing tickets.
No longer open to the public.
If the gate is open, its only open for the loggers..

"I recently got kicked out of that shooting spot past the new blue gate.."

Yep, ya gotta love :mad: Weyerhaeuser. I've shot back in that area for 35 yrs and they just shut it down last year. You can pay to hunt in there but no target shooting at all.
Here's a link to the info
https://www.wyrecreationnw.com/

The ticket for not having your Discover Pass on you when shooting on BLM land is $90 . Just a heads up.

Weird,the page log skips 42 and 43. Had to go to 41 then hit 'next' to get back to the girl lying on the ground for some reason
Ears? Really?
Confused me for a moment.Well more than usual

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
  • Stanwood, WA
Oregon Arms Collectors June 2024 Gun Show
  • Portland, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads