JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I like riding the back roads on one of these, not really interested in street only bikes.

006.jpg

I haven't been without a motorcycle since my 16th birthday. My current primary ride is an 05 Busa I bought new. Here are a couple shots from over the years;

Leading a couple buddies south of Ukiah;

A few of the bikes I've had over the years..

72 CL175

The 73 CB750 I had in high school..

81 Seca 550. Bought it new... still have it.

Finished this '71 SL350 awhile back & sold it to a guy in Ohio..

One of 5 Mini-Trail 50's I've had... I kept this one, as it is a complete survivor.

So yea.... I like motorcycles. :s0112:

DSC7212-XL.jpg DSC6053-L.jpg DSC01146.jpg myCB750-1.jpg mystuff2.jpg e66f3fa4.jpg 100_3948.jpg

Just got my CHL and dropped my motorcycle on my leg. Left me on crutches for a long time. Rode the bike after I healed and sold it a month later. Still have the CHL though. Cannot afford another bike now, buying too many guns! Owned motorcycles and guns since I was 13. You can get too old for a motorcycle, but never a gun.

ManCardRevoked.jpg
Just got my CHL and dropped my motorcycle on my leg. Left me on crutches for a long time. Rode the bike after I healed and sold it a month later. Still have the CHL though. Cannot afford another bike now, buying too many guns! Owned motorcycles and guns since I was 13. You can get too old for a motorcycle, but never a gun.

My 60 year old mother and 80 year old grandfather would disagree that you get too old for a motorcycle.

Yeah I know I had an uncle that road his Harley until he was 79. I should say I got too old for a motorcycle. And my excuses are, not enough money, buying to many other toys, and I really hate riding in the summer heat, but I hate riding in the rain even more. Light jacket, scull cap helmet... hmmm if I only had more money.

Anyone else ever try shooting while riding a motorcycle? I can say its darn near impossible to hit anything and dangerous as all get out, but you probably already knew that.
There was a video I have seen of foreign police shooting from moving motorcycles.

Another where a guy shoots from a motorcycle where he pops a wheelie, stands the bike on the rear fender and shoots from the stopped bike then brings it back down and rides off. But I can't find them right now.

Anyone else ever try shooting while riding a motorcycle? I can say its darn near impossible to hit anything and dangerous as all get out, but you probably already knew that.

Neighborhood "gang" and I pinged stop signs with pellet and BB pistols from our bicycles in the 60's. Not bad for persistent 10-12 year-olds on Schwinn Stingrays.

That, incidentally, is how I realized I was cross-dominant (...no, that's a not a bossy priest). Shooting right handed, my left eye just acquired sights and targets a lot quicker. Doesn't work with iron sights on rifle stocks, so I learned to switch eyes when I want to.

Just for fun (or wagers on who buys beers later with your shooting buddies), try switching eyes or leave both open. It's a little awkward for some at first, but certainly doable. Much easier than switching hands, for me anyway.

I used to ride both dirt and street. Had the usual assortment of 70's no travel 2 strokes, moved into XR 4 strokes when they came available. Used to race a little. Trask trials, eastern Oregon desert. Mostly used them to get where I wanted to get in the woods. I've ridden the old Salmonberry River RR tracks from Cochran to the Nehalem River for example. Many times. My last street bike was a Harley Sporty XLX. Got hit from behind at a stop light, decided to hand it up. My fat older body wont take much more abuse. Yes, I have shot handguns from a bike. I'm left handed, that helps. Killed a jack rabbit that way, shooting from a bike on Alvord Dry Lake, was luck.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews