JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
"Active shooter" incident under way in Hood River. I was driving east on Cascade Ave. to the Safeway there and noticed a Hood River police SUV parked with roof lights flashing on the westbound side shortly before Safeway. Assuming it was a routine traffic stop I was surprised to see a number of uniformed police on my side of the road, one of whom had drawn and was aiming an AR while walking south from the street.

After my short stop at Safeway, I found three young Safeway employees standing outside the front and looking at the flashing lights. When I mentioned the above, they said that explained what had sounded like gunfire.

On my way back on I84 east, three state patrol cars with full lights and sirens passed westbound at high speed towards exit 82 which is the closest one to the above.

With prayers and wishes for the safety of all -

Update: "The Hood River County Sheriff's Office lifted the Secure Status at 2pm for lower valley schools after law enforcement agencies located and surrounded the suspect. Students will be released from school at the regular dismal time."

I suspect that should read "dismissal time" and may be a Freudian slip.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top