JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I like riding the back roads on one of these, not really interested in street only bikes.

006.jpg

I haven't been without a motorcycle since my 16th birthday. My current primary ride is an 05 Busa I bought new. Here are a couple shots from over the years;

Leading a couple buddies south of Ukiah;

A few of the bikes I've had over the years..

72 CL175

The 73 CB750 I had in high school..

81 Seca 550. Bought it new... still have it.

Finished this '71 SL350 awhile back & sold it to a guy in Ohio..

One of 5 Mini-Trail 50's I've had... I kept this one, as it is a complete survivor.

So yea.... I like motorcycles. :s0112:

DSC7212-XL.jpg DSC6053-L.jpg DSC01146.jpg myCB750-1.jpg mystuff2.jpg e66f3fa4.jpg 100_3948.jpg

Just got my CHL and dropped my motorcycle on my leg. Left me on crutches for a long time. Rode the bike after I healed and sold it a month later. Still have the CHL though. Cannot afford another bike now, buying too many guns! Owned motorcycles and guns since I was 13. You can get too old for a motorcycle, but never a gun.

ManCardRevoked.jpg
Just got my CHL and dropped my motorcycle on my leg. Left me on crutches for a long time. Rode the bike after I healed and sold it a month later. Still have the CHL though. Cannot afford another bike now, buying too many guns! Owned motorcycles and guns since I was 13. You can get too old for a motorcycle, but never a gun.

My 60 year old mother and 80 year old grandfather would disagree that you get too old for a motorcycle.

Yeah I know I had an uncle that road his Harley until he was 79. I should say I got too old for a motorcycle. And my excuses are, not enough money, buying to many other toys, and I really hate riding in the summer heat, but I hate riding in the rain even more. Light jacket, scull cap helmet... hmmm if I only had more money.

Anyone else ever try shooting while riding a motorcycle? I can say its darn near impossible to hit anything and dangerous as all get out, but you probably already knew that.
There was a video I have seen of foreign police shooting from moving motorcycles.

Another where a guy shoots from a motorcycle where he pops a wheelie, stands the bike on the rear fender and shoots from the stopped bike then brings it back down and rides off. But I can't find them right now.

Anyone else ever try shooting while riding a motorcycle? I can say its darn near impossible to hit anything and dangerous as all get out, but you probably already knew that.

Neighborhood "gang" and I pinged stop signs with pellet and BB pistols from our bicycles in the 60's. Not bad for persistent 10-12 year-olds on Schwinn Stingrays.

That, incidentally, is how I realized I was cross-dominant (...no, that's a not a bossy priest). Shooting right handed, my left eye just acquired sights and targets a lot quicker. Doesn't work with iron sights on rifle stocks, so I learned to switch eyes when I want to.

Just for fun (or wagers on who buys beers later with your shooting buddies), try switching eyes or leave both open. It's a little awkward for some at first, but certainly doable. Much easier than switching hands, for me anyway.

I used to ride both dirt and street. Had the usual assortment of 70's no travel 2 strokes, moved into XR 4 strokes when they came available. Used to race a little. Trask trials, eastern Oregon desert. Mostly used them to get where I wanted to get in the woods. I've ridden the old Salmonberry River RR tracks from Cochran to the Nehalem River for example. Many times. My last street bike was a Harley Sporty XLX. Got hit from behind at a stop light, decided to hand it up. My fat older body wont take much more abuse. Yes, I have shot handguns from a bike. I'm left handed, that helps. Killed a jack rabbit that way, shooting from a bike on Alvord Dry Lake, was luck.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top