JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yep, King county requires subjects (law abiding citizens) to just let criminals steal your stuff & do nothing about it!!!:mad:

Criminals have more rights than the law abiding!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::s0003:

So then......
Lawyer-Up.jpg

Aloha, Mark

Would I actually shoot someone for stealing my car or truck...No*
The action , while annoying and wrong...is not life threatening.
That said , I can understand why someone would feel like that should be a option...

*Unless I am in the car...that could easily feel life threatening...but I still would attempt other options first , if possible....
Andy

If you shoot someone that is not directly threatening your life you could be putting your family in more danger. Danger of not having you to protect them when they throw your arse in jail.

What if your wife or child was in the car ?

The same as if I was in the car...it could be or easily feel life threatening and I still would try other options before taking a life....
Having taken lives before has made me more respectful life...but please do not mistake that respectfulness for weakness or the lack of will to do what needs to be done.
( Not saying that you are doing this...just saying in general...)

You can "What if " yourself to death with situations like the OP....
Andy

You also would have to take into consideration what is around you. If you miss or the bullet passes through and through. Who else can get hit or killed. These situations are never a clear this is what you do kind of thing.

Good post. A situation I hope none of us here ever have to face.

After a woman Texas got kilt by her just released from prison and smashed her head in with a whiskey bottle.
Uncle Ted said: Id rather she had a 38 special, and when he was on her, she put 6 shots though his chest. While now she is dead, and he is on a free meal ticket again.

Well in this case, this one did not go to jail.

if-you-cant-do-the-time-then-dont-kermit-the-3471891.png

They will steal your car now in broad daylight in front of you. That needs to change.

Yes sir. My daughters car was stolen in Portland a few months ago. She went into a store with her boyfriend and 15 minutes later when they came out, her car was gone. What the perpetrators don't understand is what kind of an effect it has on the person and family they stole from. I'm over it now, but my daughter is still a little paranoid. Would I have shot the guy for stealing the car? NO. Car theft in bigger cities happens all the time. They do need stiffer punishments for this type of crime, but would that even deter it from happening as much? Back in the old days, if you stole someones horse, you would get hung for it....

Would I actually shoot someone for stealing my car or truck...No*
The action , while annoying and wrong...is not life threatening.
That said , I can understand why someone would feel like that should be a option...

*Unless I am in the car...that could easily feel life threatening...but I still would attempt other options first , if possible....
Andy

Seems to have reduced carjackings in Louisiana since 1997. Louisiana Law Allows Force On Carjackers :D:D:D

Seems to have reduced carjackings in Louisiana since 1997. Louisiana Law Allows Force On Carjackers :D:D:D

I have no doubt that it would reduce the amount of carjackings...and I do understand the desire to shoot those that steal from us...
With that said as a personal choice , that works for me and me alone...I still would not shoot someone for stealing from me , unless my life or the life of someone else was in danger...what others do is on them...
Andy

I have no doubt that it would reduce the amount of carjackings...and I do understand the desire to shoot those that steal from us...
With that said as a personal choice , that works for me and me alone...I still would not shoot someone for stealing from me , unless my life or the life of someone else was in danger...what others do is on them...
Andy

Oh I quite agree for myself too. I wouldn't shoot an escaping thief. However, in Louisiana prior to passage of "Kill the Carjacker" law, they had a rash of violent carjackings that included rape and murder... so if my wife is in the car she would naturally be in fear for her life/safety. And it's hard to miss at carjacking distance.

Here's the plan.

Put my car into "park", turn off it's ignition, get out, and just let the thug get into the vehicle...
...while the thug is starting my car, use my gun/knife to shoot/stab a tire.

I think I'll call it the, "Stop Thugs Or Making the Pavement Extremely Red" plan.

Or simply by the acronym .... S.T.O.M.P.E.R. .... for short.

(I wonder if I should be ordering some T-shirts?)

Carjacking involves someone attacking you up to get yer car which falls under fearing for your life. I would use lethal force if attacked, especially if I had family/friends in the vehicle.

One could argue that if you had a gun then why would you fear for your life. Bodily injury or death, having a gun does not make one invincible it just evens the odds a bit.

Yeah... coppers never get shot, soooo What Me Worry?

Exactly, I am going to ratchet up my advocacy to include enforcing ALL laws on the books before any other laws are passed. I do believe that Washington state (and all other states & federal municipalities) have covered everything under the friggin rainbow to date, let's force them to start enforcement!!!;)

Now it's illegal to murder....... someone with a certain type of gun..... How stupid is that???:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top