JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Opinion, just my opinion. Politicians listen to dollars and Bloomberg paid kate a million of them for more gun controls. Paid for opinions are just support the media puts out. If folks ignore the paid for opinions then there is no support. Folks click on an opinion story and it's said to go viral in the media hype, if nobody clicks the the story dies.

If we want to keep our rights then we can't let media control the narrative. It's hard to turn our backs but if we don't they run right over us. Again its my opinion but the question is how are we doing by letting these paid for hacks control the narrative? I turn them off the same as a moderator turns off a thread for inappropriate subject matter
My point was :
That millions , who do not vote pro 2A , do listen to folks like the gal in the OP
As well as believing all the lies , half truths and distortions that spew forth from folks like those in the OP.
And as I said , vote according.

Discount or ignore them as you wish....In my opinion it is foolish to do so.
Andy

Opinion, just my opinion. Politicians listen to dollars and Bloomberg paid kate a million of them for more gun controls. Paid for opinions are just support the media puts out. If folks ignore the paid for opinions then there is no support. Folks click on an opinion story and it's said to go viral in the media hype, if nobody clicks the the story dies.

If we want to keep our rights then we can't let media control the narrative. It's hard to turn our backs but if we don't they run right over us. Again its my opinion but the question is how are we doing by letting these paid for hacks control the narrative? I turn them off the same as a moderator turns off a thread for inappropriate subject matter:s0093:
One person turns off media. 350 million others don't. Who do you think is going to control the narrative?

If only the Great Moderator In The Sky would turn them off. If only.

Media works both ways, this paid shill is upset because they are losing the battle for minds right now. Until BLM and Covid, they were winning. What changed? Media coverage of riots and rising violence and defund the police arrived. Media cuts both ways. Denying it's power is denying reality.

meaning they are not part of my world so they don't matter at all. :D

index.jpg

My point was :
That millions , who do not vote pro 2A , do listen to folks like the gal in the OP
As well as believing all the lies , half truths and distortions that spew forth from folks like those in the OP.
And as I said , vote according.

Discount or ignore them as you wish....In my opinion it is foolish to do so.
Andy
Opinion again. Common sense would say you are never going to turn those millions of anti 2a voters into pro gun people, they are lost to us. If you can't change it then it's a waste of time worrying about it. All you have is being informend and being manipulated into fear.

I have been in Oregon 69+ years, we have had dam few changes in gun laws because a lot of us did the hard work to stop new ones. When new laws were proposed we went to the capitol in person to speak publicly against them. You just stand up for your rights no matter what a paid for opinion says.

I guess our old ways are foolish but its on you younger guys now, us old guys had our run and you still have your rights.

I am done here, as a foolish old man I move on.

Have a nice day.

Opinion again. Common sense would say you are never going to turn those millions of anti 2a voters into pro gun people, they are lost to us. If you can't change it then it's a waste of time worrying about it. All you have is being informend and being manipulated into fear.

I have been in Oregon 69+ years, we have had dam few changes in gun laws because a lot of us did the hard work to stop new ones. When new laws were proposed we went to the capitol in person to speak publicly against them. You just stand up for your rights no matter what a paid for opinion says.

I guess our old ways are foolish but its on you younger guys now, us old guys had our run and you still have your rights.

I am done here, as a foolish old man I move on.

Have a nice day.
I never said any of that...and again nothing you said here...has anything to do with what I said and you disagree with.
Andy

One person turns off media. 350 million others don't. Who do you think is going to control the narrative?

If only the Great Moderator In The Sky would turn them off. If only.

Media works both ways, this paid shill is upset because they are losing the battle for minds right now. Until BLM and Covid, they were winning. What changed? Media coverage of riots and rising violence and defund the police arrived. Media cuts both ways. Denying it's power is denying reality.
I am done with the thread but you deserve a reply. If you play their game with their rules you won't win. :s0093:

With great respect, have a great day sir.

I am done with the thread but you deserve a reply. If you play their game with their rules you won't win. :s0093:

With great respect, have a great day sir.
Being a hermit works until the crap reaches where the hermit lives. BTW, I don't watch things I don't like, including legacy news, but I do keep up with affairs thru use of the internet.

Best regards to you too my friend.

Biden picks gun control as a platform at a time when there are 8 MILLION new gun owners. IMO his handlers are slipping. They can't get new Fed laws with this Congress, and they are going to lose big time in 2022... they are panicking and making a big push to get it done now.

I don't disagree with the idea of going to Legislature to fight against bad policy. But here in OR the deck is stacked against us. However, I firmly believe that other than $$$$$$$ what drives politics is the squeaky wheel. (I've seen it in action when Realtors forced licensing on Home Inspectors, which did no good). The squeaky wheel is influenced by culture. And culture is influenced by media and the education system. How to get control over those..... IDK.... If somebody has the answer to gaining control, please let the rest of us know. Ignoring the problem will not make it go away. At this point, is there anything that will??????

If you ever go to Salem or Olympia to be present for a gun bill you will see who they are and why you have a waiting period or can't do face to face gun sales. They go to these hearings, cry and say they are scared. All in matching t-shirts and with knitting needles to keep them busy in between their performances.
^^^This is 100% true, as I live in Salem and have seen them with my own eyes. It's a big emotional jerk-off, like watching a 6-year old throw a tantrum at the grocery. Anyone who counters with facts and numbers comes off as callous and insensitive. What policy maker wants to tip-toe around that landmine? It is exhausting.

For as much as people talk about "science" there are so many feelings baked into the cake these days. We have become a nation of impulsive illogical groupthink idiots.

Last Edited:
So, fear of confrontation with LEO, describing gun ownership as a way to 'Assert CONTROL and gain political power' and describes 'herself' as a 'gun person who hates gun people' is NOT a person I consider a peer for gun ownership or the 2A.
... and pointing that out is considered hateful or exclusionary. I've said it several times, that many of these new gun owners are arming themselves against US... they view us as the enemy.

I won't embrace those people any more than l would invite an armed gang banger into my home. Owning a gun doesn't make one a stand-up citizen or an ally, even in the loosest, "the enemy of my enemy is my friend"-sort of way. There's more to it than mere posession; ethics, integrity, and character matter.

I'm not going to bother to temper my comments with equivocation-for-the-hopelessly-dense... the ones who are on our side know who they are and don't feel the need to attempt to shame us into accepting them, even as we work at cross purposes politically. They know that any of us will be more than happy to help them along and that it's has nothing to do with outward appearance(s).

I choose not to participate in my own subjugation at the hands of radicals, and if pointing that out makes me part of some skewed PR problem, then I've fallen in with the wrong crowd.

I'm probably the least likely person here to have any kind of opinion about all this, in fact, I'd offer as an excuse that 'Naive' is probably my middle name.

BUT, and the but here, like that of the late Fatty Arbuckle*, is VERY large, I watched the inauguration along with my American neighbour. We both saw your new President with his hand is the air, swearing by Almighty G*d to uphold the Constitution of the United States of America.

Not some of it.

Not the bits he happened to like, but ALL of it.

NO picky-choosey.

So how is it that he and his cronies are so determined to remove from it such a fundamental part as 2A?

TBH, I don't expect to get a simple answer, and I'm sorry if my question has caused offence in any quarter.

*Fatty Arbuckle would now have to be called something felt to be less than offensive, like Grossly-overweight Arbuckle, or 'Clinically-obese Arbuckle'. In much the same way, 'Slim Pickens' would have to rethink his moniker.

I'm probably the least likely person here to have any kind of opinion about all this, in fact, I'd offer as an excuse that 'Naive' is probably my middle name.

BUT, and the but here, like that of the late Fatty Arbuckle*, is VERY large, I watched the inauguration along with my American neighbour. We both saw your new President with his hand is the air, swearing by Almighty G*d to uphold the Constitution of the United States of America.

Not some of it.

Not the bits he happened to like, but ALL of it.

NO picky-choosey.

So how is it that he and his cronies are so determined to remove from it such a fundamental part as 2A?

TBH, I don't expect to get a simple answer, and I'm sorry if my question has caused offence in any quarter.

*Fatty Arbuckle would now have to be called something felt to be less than offensive, like Grossly-overweight Arbuckle, or 'Clinically-obese Arbuckle'. In much the same way, 'Slim Pickens' would have to rethink his moniker.
You good sir, may possibly be many a thing…. BUT "naive" (first, middle, or last) 'taint one of them.

:s0155:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads