JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not that many. If fat is less dense than muscle, then hitting COM is going to be still lethal.. especially as COM is still gonna be his sternum area. Granted, he might survive a gut shot easier than a lean guy but thsts still 50-50 and he might still die of a massive coronary event even then :rolleyes::eek: as to OP... I still dont have a CHL yet... but I open carry when I feel the need to and its still on an ALICE belt kit w the USGI Bianchi flap holster at my 3.5 o clock position

I'm 6'3" and 240 lbs. Not small , not terribly fat. Sometimes I try and carry concealed. Most of the time I don't care of something flops out. I'd just as soon open carry and do occasionally in town.

6'3", 300 and change. I wear my pants lower, around the hips rather than at my waist and generous midsection. I also tend to wear "long" size tshirts and button downs, and generally have no trouble concealing either my Glock 19/TLR-1S combo in RCS iwb kydex, or my G43 in a MultiHolster iwb. The 43 combo is nice when I'm dressing a little nicer to go out or something.

Dress to the gun, and choose a gun you can shoot and operate well. That'd be my advice.

Hubby will generally open carry in a Level 2 Serpa at 3:00 with forward cant. He usually has his shirt tucked in or tucked behind the holster. I carry in the same position for my full size 9 and my 1911, but my shirts drop nicely over for concealed carry. I also use a Galco IWB holster as a pocket holster for my smaller 9 and/or 380. It fits nicely into my cargo shorts or pants pocket. Hubby is 5'9" and 245(+)? I'm 5'8" and definitely overweight. :)

6'1 250 and to conceal carry i use this:

images.duckduckgo.com.jpg

I think it important to realize everyone size and shape depending on firearm can have an issue conceal carry. I am not over weight myself but hard to hide a bulge on my side I wear loose sweat shirts, pull overs or double layer. I am close to 6'5 and about 225-230 so hiding for me is another issue. As said the firearm make a big difference the SW MP 9 Shield is one of the smallest we have and it can be hidden in plain view with a tishirt. In contrast the P229 40sw LE issue, Sig can not be hidden well at all but I tend not to care as much but its a preferred over the 9mm when I am going to larger more populated areas or when i am in less populated forest. But each there own I supposed.

IronMonster: "So I bought a N82 pro IWB rig for my M&P 9C. I wore it all day. In the shop, up and down off the floor. I wore it to Sam's Club and to dinner with the wife. I can honestly say I am amazed at how comfortable it is. In the car, even while working."

Great info IronMonster. I just ordered the same for my M&P 40C.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top