JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
OK so I'm not as big as you guys at only around 5'8" and 185# neckid without the speedo. LOL Darn I need new glasses!
Anyway I took my method from Hickok45 and wear a cover shirt all the time I'm in public summer or winter.
I have an IWB size 03 by Blackhawk and actually sized for the full size Glock 17 or 22, it fits my SR9C with just enough over the muzzle to keep it from digging into my hide. Speaking of hide it is made from a fine grain leather in Italy, could be horse but it's dyed so I can't tell for sure. This will fit most of the compacts including the S&W as they will fit the same as the SR9C..
Since I live in an area without law enforcement, I only take mine off to bathe as I don't sleep in a bed anymore and sleep fully clothed in my recliner, you aren't going to catch me looking like the hair ball above! LOL Believe it or not I seldom am aware of it on my hip worn just behind the point where it nestles in a natural hollow there.
I did feel it at first till I learned where to position it for comfort and I've never been made to my knowledge. I have a good friend and also firearms instructor and he only sees it because he knows what to look for. I wear suspenders because I often leave my belt and pants loose and with them on I never have to worry about everything hitting the floor and tripping me up. So do whatever you have to, too carry safely and comfortably.
If I'm going to be out in public and wearing something more dressy I'll wear a blazer or sports coat as long as it's long enough to cover everything in the case it rides up which might expose the belt clip or grip if it rode up far enough, covers the suspenders too. Put yours on then raise your arms above your head and look in the mirror and see what is exposed then dress accordingly. I hope this is helpful even if you aren't a fatty like so many of us. LOL Darn I wish I could get rid of it I have some nice clothes going to waste in the closet..
Gabby

I IWB 90% of the time. Shirt covers.

Easy really. I'm 280, 5-11 and have a 38" waist with hangover and am always wearing a belt. (Thyroid and testosterone issues caused weight gain)....

Because of the roof over the tool shed I carry at 3:00 or 3:30 with strong cant. Bad shoulders prevent cross draw. Heck sometimes I even carry my Ranch Hand off the belt at 3:00...

I use only quality IWB leather holsters, and have OWB leathers with one Blackhawk Serpa OWB (not comfortable for car rides but for out and about- bike rides, walks, hiking boots etc).

Being this size at the gut allows me to conceal almost anything. I could probably hide a DE or S&W 500 with my shirt covering.

Fat azz out!

Here's a pic I find it comfortable

image.jpg

I IWB 90% of the time. Shirt covers.

Easy really. I'm 280, 5-11 and have a 38" waist with hangover and am always wearing a belt. (Thyroid and testosterone issues caused weight gain)....

Because of the roof over the tool shed I carry at 3:00 or 3:30 with strong cant. Bad shoulders prevent cross draw. Heck sometimes I even carry my Ranch Hand off the belt at 3:00...

I use only quality IWB leather holsters, and have OWB leathers with one Blackhawk Serpa OWB (not comfortable for car rides but for out and about- bike rides, walks, hiking boots etc).

Being this size at the gut allows me to conceal almost anything. I could probably hide a DE or S&W 500 with my shirt covering.

Fat azz out!
''roof over the tool shed'' LOL, I learn something new everyday ! Well, I am a ''Fat bubblegum'' and frankly I don,t give a damn, I know some ''Bean Poles'' that were vegan health nuts and they have went on before me to the gym in the sky. My Brother is tubby also and when his Ol' Lady makes digs at his girth, he tells her ''You can't drive a spike with a tack hammer !''

While I understand this is an old thread, it's been helpful to me. I was totally undecided until I picked up a holster by Telor Tactical for my M&P BG w/ CT laser and it's superb. It's labeled "pocket holster", but is an awesome IWB holster for guys with a gut.

http://www.telortactical.com/products/pocket-holster

I wear it IWB @ 3 o'clock while sitting and forget it's even there. If I plan to be standing/walking for long periods of time like at the mall, shopping, etc... I wear it @ 1 o'clock because I wear my pants below my gut my weapon is hidden nicely. It holds the gun place very well and the draw is smooth and FAST! It's also great to use in your vehicle right between your seat and center console.

While I understand this is an old thread, it's been helpful to me. I was totally undecided until I picked up a holster by Telor Tactical for my M&P BG w/ CT laser and it's superb. It's labeled "pocket holster", but is an awesome IWB holster for guys with a gut.

I wear it IWB @ 3 o'clock while sitting and forget it's even there. If I plan to be standing/walking for long periods of time like at the mall, shopping, etc... I wear it @ 1 o'clock because I wear my pants below my gut my weapon is hidden nicely. It holds the gun place very well and the draw is smooth and FAST! It's also great to use in your vehicle right between your seat and center console.

Like you, I just saw this discussion. Like others, since moving to Oregon, I wear long sleeve cotton work shirts, every day. To keep warm or keep the sun off me. I usually am wearing my NRA store little belt holster. I think it may even be an IWB. Very, very minimal holster. I put it under my belt but outside my waistband and about 3:30/4:00 o'clock. No one can tell. The only time it is a problem is when I jump on the tractor, then the barrel hits the seat.

Fairly easily:
image.jpeg

Longer shirt sometimes and stuff it owb. I've posted this photo a couple of times but it shows it's invisible when dressed right. I even coached a baseball game with it owb like this. Nobody was the wiser.

If the shirt tail doesn't reach the tip of the carrot I don't try and conceal owb. 3x-tall shirts are comfortable to me. (Damn broad shoulders).

Looking at this reminds me..... I have some of those POS Remora holsters that I need to post on the "Pay it Forward" thread.

If they work for you, excellent. Bought some for a couple different carry options. Only wore one a few times. Should have saved my money.

BTW, I have a few extra pounds on me too. I found the keyhole holster to be my favorite. Taking it slower this time, after a year of carrying one particular in it, I've decided to purchase for a second option. Love them.

A buddy of mine purchased a Stealthgear for his carry and loves it.

I like the way it looks and feels and am considering getting one myself.

Since my doc described me as "obese" (that hurt my feelings - I thought I was just fat) and I always carry I am competent to chime in.
OWB @ 3 oclock with a loose shirt covering the sidearm. Also in the pocket of Carhartt pants. Even better: both of the foregoing. When I retired I couldn't afford to pay a gunbearer any more.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top