JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
First off I ask because I myself am a fat guy so don't think I'm just being a Jackwagon.

I am 50-70 pounds heavier that my "ideal" weight. I'm not 400 lbs but I got enough extra belly that I have to grunt and hold my breath to get my dang shoes on.

A IWB holster just seems crazy, I have a hard enough time getting me inside the waistband. So I have bought Several OWB holsters trying to find something that does not rub and irritate my "love handles" and so far I am not really a fan of any of them.

First off the firearm I want to holster is a M&P 9c

I started with a formed leather pancake generic holster off eBay

Fail

Then bought a more expensive Taqua open top which is better but still is not good enough

The last and best so far is a Blade-Tech Eclipse which is kydex and stands proud enough that it's not awful (but I am still not satisfied )

So... Can anyone recommend something? Right hand 4 o'clock OWB.

Thanks, and sorry for calling you fat..

First off I ask because I myself am a fat guy so don't think I'm just being a Jackwagon.

I am 50-70 pounds heavier that my "ideal" weight. I'm not 400 lbs but I got enough extra belly that I have to grunt and hold my breath to get my dang shoes on.

A IWB holster just seems crazy, I have a hard enough time getting me inside the waistband. So I have bought Several OWB holsters trying to find something that does not rub and irritate my "love handles" and so far I am not really a fan of any of them.

First off the firearm I want to holster is a M&P 9c

I started with a formed leather pancake generic holster off eBay

Fail

Then bought a more expensive Taqua open top which is better but still is not good enough

The last and best so far is a Blade-Tech Eclipse which is kydex and stands proud enough that it's not awful (but I am still not satisfied )

So... Can anyone recommend something? Right hand 4 o'clock OWB.

Thanks, and sorry for calling you fat..

Not really overweight but I carried a 45 inside the pant small of the back right hand draw for years with an untucked shirt. Some holster makers won't make holsters for this carry anymore, but Don at Ted Blocker will make anything you want. Also left side crossdraw with same untucked shirt or jackets. I am 6ft and have been between 190 and 210 since I was 18 and that was a LONG LONG time ago, but that carry is the kind anyone can do. IWB side carry won't work well. SoB will. Get your holsters made from top quality horsehide. It won't stretch and lasts longer than you will.

I'm 6'1 just about 300lbs and I carry my M&P40c IWB comfortably with a horsehide Crossbreed holster at 4 o'clock. I would consider myself "fat" but with that gun and holster combination I have no issues.

AIWB.
However Im looking to shoulder holster carry.
Be it a shoulder rig OR one of those concealment shirts.

Now, Im not "fat" but Im a real mans size.
6'6 and 300lbs.
Things just dont fit on us big guys like they do small ones.

I'm a fat guy too at about 300. Don't get me wrong, but conceal a 9c (or larger) pistol isn't very doable unless you are willing to wear baggy clothing or a jacket. The only pistols I've been able to successfully conceal in normal clothes are smaller pistols (Glock 42, M&P Bodyguard, or LCP). My best friend is rail thin and can get away with concealing a 1911. Myself on the other hand...

I broke down and started carrying a satchel cuz I'm sick of trying to constantly change outfits and holsters depending on where I'm going.

So now I'm "that" guy, but I'm growing used to it pretty quick and it holds a few more things then just a gun.

It gets zero attention in the northwest.

I am also rather large, at just under 6' and about 265.

My EDC is an M&P Shield that I carry IWB using the Original version of the following

It is a litle bulkier that many IWB holsters but it is COMFORTABLE. Since I always wear my shirt tail out concealment is not an issue.

Okay, as a person of more enjoyable proportions (6'1", 280lbs), I have some experience in the matter. I've been carrying an M&P9c for the last 2 years, IWB, with no problems whatsoever. I have been wearing a N82 (N 8 Squared) tactical holster and do so comfortably every day. I'm actually considering moving up to a full frame pistol from time to time. I've got the holster, I just need to put it on some day.

So what does this require? Well, I buy my pants 1 size larger, which gives me the extra room to make this comfortable. I have a good belt to hold everything together ;) I do have a 'tuckable' holster, but typically don't tuck my shirts, just a personal preference. It sits on my right side, somewhere between 3 o'clock and 4 o'clock. I also prefer to wear an undershirt - it's more comfortable that way - and that includes summertime too. I avoid super-tight shirts in favor of some with just a little extra room so I avoid printing. I find the N82 tactical holster to be very comfortable and as far as I know, I've never been 'made' with my 9c.

So, I would say it's definitely possible. I will also say if you're new to it, it will probably take several weeks at least to adjust to a new gun or a new holster, just push through it, even if it's uncomfortable. I did when I first started IWB carry and I'm glad I did. Many times I really forget that I've got it on my hip.

Here is the holster I use - it's the "professional" model:

https://www.n82tactical.com

Good luck.

Not to highjack the thread; but this guy has it figured out! :eek:

speedo-gun-guy.png

I'm 5'10 and 250.
I appendix carry righ next to my dinner plate belt buckle
:cool::rolleyes::D:D:D
I hate IWB carry, I always belt carry and I carry at 3 o'clock
Now I don't care if I print or the gun shows,even when I lived in WA. I usually where button down short sleeve bubblegums in the summer.Just more commfy that Tee's for me.So they cover the pistol pretty good
In my opinion,one needs to dress for carry not carry for how they dress.
I mean if you are really serious about CC
Again,JMHO

Wait let me clean up the puke first.................................OK now I can post my thoughts.

I carry a small pistol a very small pistol I have carried it in a wallet type holster in one or the other of my back pockets for almost 30 years. Its a Bauer .25 Auto (a loose copy of a Baby Browning 25ACP but in stainless) Sometimes its behind my wallet other times I put my wallet in my left pocket.

I know most guys want to carry a big honkin gun but that's a lot like buying an SUV with 4wd drive. Its so rarely used all you do is drag it around. Same with a big gun. Sure I'm going to be so screwed with my little pop gun and 12 rds if I am jumped by a roving gang of thugs all armed to the teeth. BUT I'm going to mess with some of them. And that's better then not having your gun when you want to be in cutoffs and a tee shirt on the beach or at a company picnic.

If I think I am going somewhere where I could actually need a handgun I just shove my Charter Arms Undercover 5 sht .38 +P in my front pocket or jacket pocket and go. A couple speed loaders in the other pocket.

One of the best ways to carry a large handgun I have seen is a vest. One of them Safari Photographer looking things with 30 pockets. Just pick one of the inside ones and use it.

OK my 2 cents over

I'm 6' @ 210-lbs, wear 36" waist pants, and IWB carry. I can't help you on dealing with/countering the muffin-top syndrome, but I've run a Glock-30 (not exactly a thin or light pistol) in a Galco King Tuck (IWB) (@ the 3-3:30) everyday (almost all day) for several years now.

It's almost never a bother, except if I hit it on the door frame climbing into my E350 (not the Ford van) too fast.... hurts like hell! :confused:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top