JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
Serious question to Obama voters about the second amendment. Are there any members who voted for Obama that believed he would not try to infringe on your Constitutional rights that are now willing to admit, discuss that they were wrong and what they feel now?

This stance was defended vehemently be many Obama supporters right here and it is now undeniable that these supporters were wrong. I'm just wondering if anyone is willing to now discuss this?

I would really like to hear more from the defenders, the I told you so's from the anti Obama crowd are obvious and I would hope that people would keep that to a minimum if at all as it will take the question I'm asking to a "he said, she said" non productive status.

Please don't make me drag out the Cricket sound video!

I'll bite, well not really but I know many gun owners who did vote for Obama. I voted independent, as I wouldn't give my vote to Romney either. In the past several elections I've refused to cast my vote for the lesser of two evils. One must earn my vote, or you don't get it.

Back on topic.

Of those people I know who both own guns and voted for Obama. Simple answer, they weren't single issue voters and are overall disappointed. To them it was taking a look at the entire platform, and picking which candidate they thought had a better chance to effective the positive change they sought in a President. With that said, most of them are not happy on all accounts with Obama. His ever lowering approval rating is reflecting this sentiment. Of course congress isn't doing any better. Most are unhappy with them as well.

If I'm wrong perhaps this encourage someone who did vote for Obama to correct my observations.

As a younger person, I often get pigeon-holed by many who think I'm an Obama supporter which has lead to some epic debates. These ones are pretty surprised to find that I'm a conservative, third generation military and Christian....so no, I've never been an Obama supporter.

For me it was like Dr Suess's line:
"Which beast do you like the least?"
There was no way i could vote for Mr 47% or the '******l probe Party' so it was a bad bind.

For me it was like Dr Suess's line:
"Which beast do you like the least?"
There was no way i could vote for Mr 47% or the '******l probe Party' so it was a bad bind.

I appreciate your comment but that's "why" you voted for Obama, the question is how do you feel about him now that he has indeed made a very real attempt to take your guns?

Before anyone states the obvious, the fact that he failed really isn't relevant to the question either.

The question is really a personal question about how one feels about it (aka Obama attempting to take away our gun rights) there is no wrong answer, I am only interested in learning how supports now feel.

I appreciate your comment but that's "why" you voted for Obama, the question is how do you feel about him now that he has indeed made a very real attempt to take your guns?

Before anyone states the obvious, the fact that he failed really isn't relevant to the question either.

The question is really a personal question about how one feels about it (aka Obama attempting to take away our gun rights) there is no wrong answer, I am only interested in learning how supports now feel.

I definitely feel let down by Obama - though I expected the gun thing - given the Newtown massacre - and never thought it had a chance.
I basically knew the fix was in before his first inauguration, when he appointed Timothy Geithner as Treasury Secretary - the guy who was in the room with Bush's Treasury secretary Hank Paulson when they set the bank bail outs in motion. It's been downhill since.
The only problem is that the Republicans, instead of offering a real alternative, decided to offer more of the same, on steroids, with a side dish of crazy. I'm sure conservatives looked at the same menue and came up with the opposite gag reflex.
I agree with you that we need an alternative party. Is there a program that shrinks government, defends the Bill of Rights, while still helping to ensure that kids don't starve and have a shot at a decent education?

What Morpheus and MikeE said.

I think if Newtown didn't happen Obama would not have made any move toward the status quo - no matter what people think of him on this site, he is not a stupid enough guy to take on the NRA. However, I think he was truly saddened and disgusted by Newtown and also felt he had to appease the many Americans that felt that was also.

As far as I am concerned the Republicans are losing a golden opportunity to move into a power vacuum due to pandering to the tea party.

As far as I am concerned the Republicans are losing a golden opportunity to move into a power vacuum due to pandering to the tea party.

Not to derail this thread, but stop right there....

While I agree about the power vacuum point, have you missed McCain and friends berating Cruz & crew on all the news channels? The establishment GOP @&$%#¥ HATES, HATES, HATES.... Verily DESPISES the TEA Party faction.... PERIOD.

Just sayin'...

Its really a sick dynamic that liberals like to tell republicans what to do politically when they don't even understand whats happening in there own unconstitutional tryanical party

What Morpheus and MikeE said.

I think if Newtown didn't happen Obama would not have made any move toward the status quo - no matter what people think of him on this site, he is not a stupid enough guy to take on the NRA. However, I think he was truly saddened and disgusted by Newtown and also felt he had to appease the many Americans that felt that was also.

Oh please, no one who has been paying attention believes that. He was never really that secretive about his anti gun stance. Sure, during his first go round he made it sound like he respected the second amendment. That was during his run against McStain. Those who paid attention during the primary heard a completely different story and one that was consistent with things that he has said at earlier points during his career.
Newtown did not force him to act. Newtown gave him an opening that he has been waiting for. Like his old friend and former chief of staff said you don't want to have a crisis go to waste.

I'm sure Trismn is hoping CEF1959 will suddenly show up again to attack and belittle the Obama distrusters on this site and remind us all to 'keep our powder dry'.
It's not too surprising this guy went silent in mid July of 2011 - right around the time Fast and Furious was making headlines and Obama decided to give up the pretense of actually supporting the second amendment. CEF1959 was either a closet anti-gun Obama plant from day-one and there's no point to him posting here anymore, or else he was actually naive (or stupid) enough to believe Obama was not anti-gun and he's now too embarrassed to post here anymore. Either way, I doubt we'll be hearing from CEF1959 any time soon.

Wouldn't matter to me if the curret POTUS was a D, R, I. Any gun rights infringement would be a no go issue. That said, I don't think Romney would've done anything differently than Obama has done so far which has essentially amounted to nothing.

What I am dissappointed about is the lack of a very serious push on mental health issues as they relate to guns.

Obama has done stuff or exhibited a lack of leadership on so many other topics that the gun issue got gets washed out of the mix for the time being.

Not sure if I answered the question or not.

I did not vote for Obama. I never did on the first and second time. I dont know anyone that voted for him... Now I really disappointed in the elections :-( ( I am still angry thinking about this).

I am not mad at the people in the WHITE house, i am MAD at the people that voted for people who are in the White house!

I'm sure Trismn is hoping CEF1959 will suddenly show up again to attack and belittle the Obama distrusters on this site and remind us all to 'keep our powder dry'.
It's not too surprising this guy went silent in mid July of 2011 - right around the time Fast and Furious was making headlines and Obama decided to give up the pretense of actually supporting the second amendment. CEF1959 was either a closet anti-gun Obama plant from day-one and there's no point to him posting here anymore, or else he was actually naive (or stupid) enough to believe Obama was not anti-gun and he's now too embarrassed to post here anymore. Either way, I doubt we'll be hearing from CEF1959 any time soon.

:s0155:

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews