JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sadly from the time Al invented the net there has been a steam of "poor" and even dangerous stuff posted there about "gun law". This latest crapfest WA passed is making this stand out even more and many people who sell guns seem to not be quite sure WTF the damn law actually means. Its why I have LONG warned people that the net is a VERY poor place to seek legal advice about anything.
Yeah. Well, at least the net is good for keeping me aware that new guns are under consideration, but yeah I will interpret them for myself.

Yeah. Well, at least the net is good for keeping me aware that new guns are under consideration, but yeah I will interpret them for myself.
I would be VERY careful there. The "interpret them" is where many get in a real jam. I have LONG warned people. Just because you do not like some law, or someone told you something was OK will not matter at all if you end up in front of some black robe. Telling them you "thought" what you did was fine will result in them saying sucks to be you. Over decades of playing on the net I have seen some really amazing stuff posted by people who probably really did think they were on the correct side of some law as they were committing a felony.

As well as holsters in Washington according to

Sadly from the time Al invented the net there has been a steam of "poor" and even dangerous stuff posted there about "gun law". This latest crapfest WA passed is making this stand out even more and many people who sell guns seem to not be quite sure WTF the damn law actually means. Its why I have LONG warned people that the net is a VERY poor place to seek legal advice about anything.

If you read and understood the law, you would realize that you are incorrect.
You guys can keep your heads in the sand... im done with this thread, all I know is I have purchased a couple of firearms this past month, legally i might add, that according to how you guys choose to interpret the Law, would make me Yuri Orlov Lord of war!

I think that some people are misreading what the other people are saying.

Some people have posted that there is uncertainty in HB1240, and that different FFLs will interpret it differently than each other.

Other people have posted that some semi-auto shotguns are not covered by HB1240.

Both are true.

You guys can keep your heads in the sand... im done with this thread, all I know is I have purchased a couple of firearms this past month, legally i might add, that according to how you guys choose to interpret the Law, would make me Yuri Orlov Lord of war!
So the decades of seeing people post stuff about NFA items that would have anyone taking said advice committing a felony is my head in the sand. :confused:
Well you do you boo, and make sure you go on social media to tell the world when you make stuff illegally because you were "told" it was OK. Adult choices, they come with adult consequences.

I think that some people are misreading what the other people are saying.

Some people have posted that there is uncertainty in HB1240, and that different FFLs will interpret it differently than each other.

Other people have posted that some semi-auto shotguns are not covered by HB1240.

Both are true.
As so often happens with the net, many sit around the watering hole telling anyone who will listen what experts they are.:s0092:
We also have often confusion over state / local law vs fed law. To make this even more fun we have the latest offerings from WA that even some who sell guns are not sure WTF they say. Hey the net is fun to listen to people tell others how smart they are though. :s0140:

What is irritating is the amount of false non-existent legal standards that are passed around gun forums and poker games as gospel. Terms that don't exist in actual laws. "Constructive intent" is one. Washington's "90 day rule" for establishing residency to buy a gun is another.

Another is the magnetic attraction to YouTube videos. The pot-stirring, fluff-time-filling videos which are either completely wrong or repeating well-known realities as if it was breaking news; packaged in click-bait titles. I guess it increases business for the blood pressure medicine companies though.

https://lawfilesext.leg.wa.gov/biennium/2023-24/Pdf/Bills/Session Laws/House/1240-S.SL.pdf?q=20231111172638

Start reading at page 5 line 38.

I guess being able to read means I have my head in the sand.
Did not bother trying to read the law as when I do I am often not sure WTF its saying. You need to remember a LOT of what is spread on the net is people repeating what they were told. Often people will seek out someone to tell them something they want to hear then ignore all other info. As I have said adult choices come with adult consequences if they end up in front of a black robe they will not care what they "thought" or what experts they are on law.
Since so much of this latest law is so up in the air right now I use my FFL's to decide for me if I will buy something. If I want it, and some FFL will sell it to me here? Great. This does NOT mean one day the state or feds will not come along and say "you can't have that any more". Many deny this happens but they are choosing to ignore facts, it has happened. So those who want to rant at others? Hell matters not to me. Those who want to make themselves a "test case" on some law they don't "think" is right? They are welcome to do so. Again with the adult choices thing. A LOT of gun law both state and fed sucks in my opinion. I still follow them and work to fight them rather than pretend they do not exist. Everyone has to make their own choices in life.:s0092:

What is irritating is the amount of false non-existent legal standards that are passed around gun forums and poker games as gospel. Terms that don't exist in actual laws. "Constructive intent" is one. Washington's "90 day rule" for establishing residency to buy a gun is another.

Another is the magnetic attraction to YouTube videos. The pot-stirring, fluff-time-filling videos which are either completely wrong or repeating well-known realities as if it was breaking news; packaged in click-bait titles. I guess it increases business for the blood pressure medicine companies though.
The damn stuff on YT is amazing now days. Its gotten to where I almost never bother anymore clicking the links with nice headers. No expert on how this works but I have to guess there is money to be made getting people to click on those links so LOT's of them out there. Sadly many will find one that they feel is supporting what they "think" then shut down from every hearing they "may" have it wrong. This is a dangerous way to go about gun laws as it can be very costly to make a mistake just because they wanted what they were told to be true. As for the fear mongering about "well what if....................". Again I pay little attention. Most will go their entire life and never shoot anyone. Those unlucky ones who do end up having to shoot to defend? Almost every time they get in a bind its not the shoot, its their mouth after. If people ever have to use deadly force, shut up and let a pro talk for you.

2 different FFLs attorneys have 2 different interpretations of the same rule? My guess is, 2 different "black robes" will probably have 3, or more, different opinions of what the law says as well. (Have you watched any 'Washington Gun Law' videos lately?) Bottom line for me is, if you want it and someone will sell it to you, buy it! If another won't, take your business elsewhere. If you wind up in front of a judge, sometime in the future, you F'd up in a big way and it's got NOTHING to do with the pistol grip on your shotgun.
Just sayin'

2 different FFLs attorneys have 2 different interpretations of the same rule? My guess is, 2 different "black robes" will probably have 3, or more, different opinions of what the law says as well. (Have you watched any 'Washington Gun Law' videos lately?) Bottom line for me is, if you want it and someone will sell it to you, buy it! If another won't, take your business elsewhere. If you wind up in front of a judge, sometime in the future, you F'd up in a big way and it's got NOTHING to do with the pistol grip on your shotgun.
Just sayin'
On something like this, where someone buys it at an FFL then the State (at least here) also had to buy off. So on that I would not worry at all. Now rules do change and it would NOT shock me at all to have them one day say no, have to get rid of it and such. What "I" would NOT do is bring something in some other way if no dealer is willing to sell it. This is what has many hopping up and down ranting. That they are "not going to comply" and such. Hey they are welcome to make themselves a test case I choose not to. One constant is when guys who jump up and down ranting get in a jam? They always scream and want others to get them out of it. The old play stupid games win stupid prizes comes in here. :s0092:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top