JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When I keep looking at the 930 and now the 940 I like the model without the grip too. Never have been able to get used to the pistol grip on shotguns. Even more tempting to buy one of these now since they will of course want to go after them next. :mad:
Main reason I finally pulled the trigger and ordered a Shockwave. If the current AG wins the Governor spot he will keep going for more and more to make them a no go here. All the while ignoring the criminal scum of course 🤬
"Stomperized" M930….
IMG_5026.jpeg

Holds 7+1+1 2-3/4 shells (ghost loaded) and eats high and low base shells without missing a beat.

It started life thusly….
IMG_4573.jpeg

Sadly what so often happens with poorly made laws like this is they are hard to nail down. This will often cause many to error on the side of safety for them. I just took a look at my favorite distributor to see what they say about this. A Mossy 930 that has the stock that is a pistol grip all together is a no sale to WA state. Now that does not mean a buyer may not find an FFL here to sell them one but, they may find it hard to do. If it was me I also would not buy one out of state and bring it here as I don't want to become a test case.
Well what I to say to that is we have to stick together, if they liberals want to interpret the Law how they see fit we can do the same! I would tell that FFL that he isn't helping the cause if he's going to interpret the law through the eyes 👀 of a "Liberal". He may as well start selling kombucha and hemp clothing if he's not going to assist the Firearm community exercise our 2nd amendment right.

I was supposed to sell my 930 this weekend, guess I gotta let the buyer down.. what if I just sell it "without " the stock on it.. 🫣
Assuming you have one with the stock that has a pistol grip? Assuming the buyer is in WA state? Then yes. The gun is fine without the stock. Since they make the same gun with a "normal stock" have to guess it would not be hard to get a stock that WA is ok with. Can't see any reason the old stock could not be sold to someone in another state who might want that style for a gun they have so hopefully some of the cost could be recouped?
Again not a lawyer here. Only going off that I could today buy one of the shotguns as long as it does not have the pistol grip so can't see why this would not work.

Assuming you have one with the stock that has a pistol grip? Assuming the buyer is in WA state? Then yes. The gun is fine without the stock. Since they make the same gun with a "normal stock" have to guess it would not be hard to get a stock that WA is ok with. Can't see any reason the old stock could not be sold to someone in another state who might want that style for a gun they have so hopefully some of the cost could be recouped?
Again not a lawyer here. Only going off that I could today buy one of the shotguns as long as it does not have the pistol grip so can't see why this would not work.
The HB1240 language appears to target AK style shotguns where the pistol grip is not integrated with the buttstock. I would ask the FFL for their policy, because the HB1240 language on pistol grips is different for rifles and shotguns.

The HB1240 language appears to target AK style shotguns where the pistol grip is not integrated with the buttstock. I would ask the FFL for their policy, because the HB1240 language on pistol grips is different for rifles and shotguns.
That is the problem so often with these laws that get thrown out there. Often written so poorly that a lot of people are not quite sure WTF they actually say. So when I want to "check on" something like this I am just going off one of the large Distributors. They will say yes or no to selling a gun here in WA based on how their lawyer is seeing it. For all that's worth :(
Right now they will sell the 930 to WA residents as long as its not the model with the pistol grip. Who the hell knows if this is really how it should go as many seem not sure while this law is being shaken out. :(

That is the problem so often with these laws that get thrown out there. Often written so poorly that a lot of people are not quite sure WTF they actually say. So when I want to "check on" something like this I am just going off one of the large Distributors. They will say yes or no to selling a gun here in WA based on how their lawyer is seeing it. For all that's worth :(
Right now they will sell the 930 to WA residents as long as its not the model with the pistol grip. Who the hell knows if this is really how it should go as many seem not sure while this law is being shaken out. :(
Incorrect. Find a FFL that interprets the Law correctly and doesn't think on the side of Liberals which is what they want us to do.

Some FFL's will say well "my Lawyer says" maybe that Lawyer is a Liberal?

Incorrect. Find a FFL that interprets the Law correctly and doesn't think on the side of Liberals which is what they want us to do.

Some FFL's will say well "my Lawyer says" maybe that Lawyer is a Liberal?
I am NOT a lawyer, did not stay in a Holiday Inn last night, and DO NOT claim to be any kind of expert at any of this. So try actually reading what I wrote. I said this is how I do this. Others? Can of course do as they please. If they want one of these shotguns with a pistol grip and shops will not sell them one? They can run around and ask other shops or even try going out of state to buy one. Again adults and adult choices.

I am NOT a lawyer, did not stay in a Holiday Inn last night, and DO NOT claim to be any kind of expert at any of this. So try actually reading what I wrote. I said this is how I do this. Others? Can of course do as they please. If they want one of these shotguns with a pistol grip and shops will not sell them one? They can run around and ask other shops or even try going out of state to buy one. Again adults and adult choices.
Well I did read what you said, and I did stay at a Holiday inn last night so maybe you should read what you wrote! You said "they will not sell a shot gun in Wa state with a pistol grip" that is incorrect! it only applies to semi automatic rifles and even that only if the grip is independent of the stock.

I'm not a lawyer either but I do know how to read and interpret sentences, of course people will sometimes interpret something and try to argue it's meaning as they see fit which is why there are different interpretations of it depending on what party you side with.

None my shotguns have a pistol grip as part of the stock. I have shot though many cases of 12 guage shotshells over the years and I just like the plain shotgun stock without a pistol grip.

If the holster ships from Amazon, they won't sell it to a WA delivery address. Other holster listings on Amazon will ship to WA.
Something has to be crossed somewhere. I just randomly looked up 1911 holster on my account. First two that popped up I could have delivered tomorrow and Amazon had no problem. It "sounds" like maybe someone who is a 3d party seller on Amazon maybe refused to sell one to WA?? They (Amazon) sure don't have a problem selling me one.
There are some sellers on Amazon who just use Amazon as a place to sell their items and I have to guess pay a fee to them. When I ordered my Shock Wave I wanted a soft case for it and a place on Amazon had one that I ordered. The seller was not Amazon so no next day or two day shipping but it was charged to my Amazon account. So I have to guess he is paying them a cut to use them?
With the ever changing gun laws and rumors of what those laws say I could see someone worried about that. Holsters seems over the top even for that. I remember when that one kook shot up some school using a Ruger .22 he had bought mags for from Ebay, Ebay did for a short time stop all mag sales. Even they gave up and that before long though.

You said "they will not sell a shot gun in Wa state with a pistol grip" that is incorrect! it only applies to semi automatic rifles and even that only if the grip is independent of the stock.
If you read and understood the law, you would realize that you are incorrect.

If you read and understood the law, you would realize that you are incorrect.
Sadly from the time Al invented the net there has been a steam of "poor" and even dangerous stuff posted there about "gun law". This latest crapfest WA passed is making this stand out even more and many people who sell guns seem to not be quite sure WTF the damn law actually means. Its why I have LONG warned people that the net is a VERY poor place to seek legal advice about anything.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top