JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Neither. You sell it to @arakboss for $12 as an unidentified plastic blob and he converts it to a semi-fully-automatic bullpup ar-fal-aug over under top-magazine fed 16ga shotgun with a crotch stock, half-length barrel shroud and fake suppressor with an adjustable flash-hider-comp.

Neither. You sell it to @arakboss for $12 as an unidentified plastic blob and he converts it to a semi-fully-automatic bullpup ar-fal-aug over under top-magazine fed 16ga shotgun with a crotch stock, half-length barrel shroud and fake suppressor with an adjustable flash-hider-comp.
My brain hurts trying to picture what that would even look like, but best guess is a mix between the Madsen and Chauchat light machine guns from WW1. And now I want to sell @arakboss the lower just to see what crazy sh!t he'll make out of it. Thanks a lot, @Nosferatu ! You just had to plant the idea...

tumblr_inline_no3c82cI1Z1qapn73_500.jpg tumblr_inline_no3cf6pUrw1qapn73_500.jpg

I had a semi-auto pistol, sold the slide, and now just have the complete lower. When I sell it, does it transfer as a pistol or an "other"?
WA has been making a mes of this lately but, you need an FFL to make the sale. So the one to ask would be the FFL you want to use. No matter what you are told here the FFL you pick is going to tell you how they are going to do it since its on them.

I had a semi-auto pistol, sold the slide, and now just have the complete lower. When I sell it, does it transfer as a pistol or an "other"?
You probably shouldn't have sold the upper. If you buy it as a pistol then you have to sell it as such. I think it would be up to the FFL how it was transferred but I would suspect they will want to transfer it as a lower. Which may screw whoever is buying it because in their system it is marked as a pistol. Had you just bought it as a complete upper then bought a complete lower you would have been fine. But since all you have is the lower find a good FFL that will work with you explain the situation hopefully they can work around it. But for future sales if you buy as a pistol keep it a pistol. Next time you pick up a gun like this buy it as a complete upper and complete lower it'll be cheaper and you run into less problems with transferring

You probably shouldn't have sold the upper. If you buy it as a pistol then you have to sell it as such. I think it would be up to the FFL how it was transferred but I would suspect they will want to transfer it as a lower. Which may screw whoever is buying it because in their system it is marked as a pistol. Had you just bought it as a complete upper then bought a complete lower you would have been fine. But since all you have is the lower find a good FFL that will work with you explain the situation hopefully they can work around it. But for future sales if you buy as a pistol keep it a pistol. Next time you pick up a gun like this buy it as a complete upper and complete lower it'll be cheaper and you run into less problems with transferring
Do you have a citation for this statement?

Unless you are an licensed dealer and took it in your books as a pistol it will transfer to a licensed dealer on his books as "other" .
👆 This... with the caveat that if you're talking a frame vs a receiver some FFL's might still want to mistakenly mark it as a "pistol". They should know better, but let's face it... that's not always the case.

Seperating and selling it seperately from the slide/upper is a non-issue.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top