JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you have several firearms going consignment might be easiest with all the BCGs you'll have to do, but I would search for one that will charge the least amount for each sale. You could also put them on gunbroker.com.
You would just have to get a copy of the FFL the buyer is using and ship them to the FFL

But this would require him to go to the post office and reply to questions and all the other things humans do and he said up front he don't have time for that, I would suggest taking them to a place like northwest armory or other auction house . you likely won't get 1/2 of what they are worth but you won't have the trouble of going to the post office or any of the other time burners
JMO good luck with the sale wen you get to it

Or go to your favorite gun shop or store and see if they will buy them LOL you never know you could go back in there a few months later and buy one of your guns again LOL back to guns you sold and regret

Approach your project from a LEAN Enterprise Architecture (EA) Perspective.

If this is a temporary project (1-90+ days); set it up in a way that matches how much time you have. Example: a 1 day project would = a return on the lowest end of the scale but should require little or no structure; perhaps a "day pack". This might look like the Gun Show Option.

A 90+ day project would = the most return and you would need a "structure" of some type. This might look like selling the items out of your home (or where ever the items are) via online auctions, consignments, etc. You may need to "farm out" specialties (and pay them) like shipping and FFLs.

Methodologies

A "Waterfall" methodology would compliment a 1 day project; all at once and you are done; take your money and run. This may look like 3 stops; a gun store for consignment, a garage sale, and perhaps a charity drop off or pay forward on NWFA :D.

A "Critical Path" methodology would compliment a 90+ day project.

An "Agile" methodology would compliment something in between.

Next is your Market Segmentation to make your project LEAN. The goal is to figure out who would be interested in the various items you want to sell; much like you are doing here without appearing to be pushing SPAM; which is cool :cool:.

An example would be not wasting resources (time and money); like trying to unload a Mossberg shotgun in a Ruger rifle forum (it is just an example....:confused:). Military Surplus or "Pre 64" buyers are a different segment of society from the "boutique" buyers. Allow me to disambiguate "boutique" buyers; not pejorative, but may be primarily concerned with aesthetics, fads, and/or popularity. Another example may be targeting the Sporting Clays segment of gun ownership to unload an over and under 12GA; post the ad on the club's bulletin boards...

Then you should be ready to see if it is at all worth it; you may have less dissonance (aka sellers remorse).

Maybe TMI but I hope this helps.

I will probably do a combo of listing as you state. The big items like guns are the easy things to value and sell. It is all the pouches and cases, mag loaders, holsters, ect that are time consuming to deal with. All added up they have a large value, but each is a very small return.

When I get this project kicked off I will be donating back to this forum as I have in the past (both money and as a MOD). I am sure I will do some give aways also.

I will probably do a combo of listing as you state. The big items like guns are the easy things to value and sell. It is all the pouches and cases, mag loaders, holsters, ect that are time consuming to deal with. All added up they have a large value, but each is a very small return.

When I get this project kicked off I will be donating back to this forum as I have in the past (both money and as a MOD). I am sure I will do some give aways also.
Maybe you could give us all a hint about what you might be selling so we could start saving are lunch money just name a few off the top of your head HEHEH mmmmm

It is all the pouches and cases, mag loaders, holsters, ect that are time consuming to deal with. All added up they have a large value, but each is a very small return.
That's the stuff to sell to the vendors at the show. There is as much trading the set up day as thru the weekend. You get there,set up,other sellers come look,maybe have a short show!
I did near 3k ever time I do a show.
Yeah I wish it was all profit:confused:

Maybe you could give us all a hint about what you might be selling so we could start saving are lunch money just name a few off the top of your head HEHEH mmmmm

I have all sorts of stuff. I am not sure what all is going to hit the market and what is staying. But if you want to get an idea, if the photo links are still good, look at some of my early posts.

Sorry I'm goofing around I spent all day duck hunting freezing my arss off and didn't get a duck lol so now I'm sitting by the heater watching TV drinking a few beers I hate to hear that some one is selling there collection I'm sure this is a difficult decision my guns are basic hunting guns and basic handguns few AR rifle 's but it would be hard for me to sale them I didn't really think bout it till after my 4th beer lol sorry for being a smart as$

Nwcid, You might be able to dump the bulk of your stuff right here. I'm sure there are several folks here who would buy a large "package deal" from you. You have a very good reputation here and people like you. Not to sound cheesy, but that is a thing of real value. Leverage it. You could list related stuff in packages with a firm price. For example, all of your reloading stuff in one package might very well sell here, and at a price that's quite reasonable to both parties. All of your ammo in another package would be worth a shot. You could package guns together too, like a couple of 1911's and a Garand, an M9 and an AR, 6 different AKM variants, etc. (I have no idea what guns you have, just spitballing). Something to consider.

Nwcid, You might be able to dump the bulk of your stuff right here. I'm sure there are several folks here who would buy a large "package deal" from you. You have a very good reputation here and people like you. Not to sound cheesy, but that is a thing of real value. Leverage it. You could list related stuff in packages with a firm price. For example, all of your reloading stuff in one package might very well sell here, and at a price that's quite reasonable to both parties. All of your ammo in another package would be worth a shot. You could package guns together too, like a couple of 1911's and a Garand, an M9 and an AR, 6 different AKM variants, etc. (I have no idea what guns you have, just spitballing). Something to consider.

+1.

I for one am looking for a progressive setup that can do 9mm & 5.56.

A single for .308.

Plus the equipment needed for the brass.

It is all the pouches and cases, mag loaders, holsters, ect that are time consuming to deal with. All added up they have a large value, but each is a very small return.

Try to look at the finished product in terms of how much money will be in your pocket when you are done (Net earnings); it will help you set up a LEAN methodology. No profit, no sale!

Set up your items in kits or by caliber; "salt the sales" to move less attractive items. Example: 10 holsters priority-shipped free; your overhead will eat your NET down to $0, but adding a "free" holster to a chest rig or a long gun case....etc. Give the buyer a choice...lots of communication for one sale.

Photograph the items, post on NWFA, stuff the items in a free USPS box, and wait until somebody wants them. All sales then would be (-) the shipping costs; subsidize your clients by not charging for "handling".

Going through this process may help you realize that pay forward or keeping it in a box (or in the safe) may be the more cost effective options.

I've had a Mannlicher (8X56R) up on consignment for over a year; I don't care where that thing sits while I wait, as long as it isn't taking up room in my A/O.

Try to look at the finished product in terms of how much money will be in your pocket when you are done (Net earnings); it will help you set up a LEAN methodology. No profit, no sale!

Set up your items in kits or by caliber; "salt the sales" to move less attractive items. Example: 10 holsters priority-shipped free; your overhead will eat your NET down to $0, but adding a "free" holster to a chest rig or a long gun case....etc. Give the buyer a choice...lots of communication for one sale.

Photograph the items, post on NWFA, stuff the items in a free USPS box, and wait until somebody wants them. All sales then would be (-) the shipping costs; subsidize your clients by not charging for "handling".

Going through this process may help you realize that pay forward or keeping it in a box (or in the safe) may be the more cost effective options.

I've had a Mannlicher (8X56R) up on consignment for over a year; I don't care where that thing sits while I wait, as long as it isn't taking up room in my A/O.

Even though "lean methodology & area of operation" were used in the same post, it is a pretty darned good plan!

(...I'm just not a fan of Keisen is all. If I wanted to learn Japanese I'd move to Japan. Banzai!...excellent 4SPS cost thought process however...) :)

Much like hanging a porterhouse steak just above a starving dogs reach, all this discourse about selling off your full collection has only served to cause mass salivation. The yelling and demand for pictures and prices should commence shortly. Before it does, let me add that (pauses to wipe off the drool running out the mouth), although I have no interest in buying anything, I'd love to see that for sale post:)

Best of luck which ever way you choose to go.

Much like hanging a porterhouse steak just above a starving dogs reach, all this discourse about selling off your full collection has only served to cause mass salivation. The yelling and demand for pictures and prices should commence shortly. Before it does, let me add that (pauses to wipe off the drool running out the mouth), although I have no interest in buying anything, I'd love to see that for sale post:)

Best of luck which ever way you choose to go.

Was not my intent, but I can understand why.

After listing to others on here I think I will do some group postings on here. I am still at least a month out before I can even consider to start the process.

After listing to others on here I think I will do some group postings on here. I am still at least a month out before I can even consider to start the process.
Well you have to separate everything or the mods will change it for you. Everything has its placeo_O

Great.

We should be ready by then. :D

Chuming_the_water.jpg

Well the time has come. I did the Spokane gun show this last weekend and unloaded a lot of stuff. It was an interesting experience to say the least.

A couple of the larger, heavier items did not sell that I was hoping would go. They are items that would sell quickly on GB, but are heavy.

In the next couple of weeks I will be taking pics and listing items on here. 5% of all my sales (on here) will go to NWFA to help keep this great site alive.

I do not have pics right now, but here is a sneak peak.

Guns:
Armalite AR-30, .300 WM with spare mags and Pelican case
Romanian AK-22 trainer with 5 mags, 1250 imported
Balki Bounty hunter SxS 12ga
PSL with mags
Lakeside Razorback, belt fed .22 on AR platform
.50 Desert Eagle with tons of extras
Remington 1903
Glock 35 with night sights
Marlin Camp 9
Sporterized 30-40 Krag
Springfield M1 Garand
.44 Mag Bisley Vaquero
M1A NM with IOR scope and accessories
Trapdoor Springfield with accessories
Winchester 1903 .22 Win Auto
Tromix S06 OD 12ga

Ammo:
7.62x39
7.62x54R (8 cases)
.30-06, some on M1 Clips
.300 WM
.30-40 Krag

Reloading
.30, 147gr FMJ
.30, 163gr tracer
.357 lead
.45 230gr
8lbs 231
.45 brass
.40 brass
9mm brass
.357 brass

Misc:
Ak mags
Camp 9 mags
PSL Mags
Glock .40 mags
Assorted mag pouches, holsters, belts
Tons of books

Here is what I have been doing with life other then putting in too many hours at work, Photography that Captures Life

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top