JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
After many many years of collecting, building, shooting and enjoying firearms life has changed. While I do still enjoy firearms I do not have the time that I once did. I have some other things that have become priorities in my life. This has lead me to seriously selling of a portion of my collection.

I have sold items on and off here and other online sources. I have lots of heavy items and misc items to sell this time. So unless I had multiple sales at one time it would not make sense to drive a few hours for a sale to meet up. On other stuff I don't have time to go to the post office every day.

I have considered getting a couple tables at a gun show. Has anyone ever done this and how did it work out for you?

Any other decent ideas on how to sell?

If you have several firearms going consignment might be easiest with all the BCGs you'll have to do, but I would search for one that will charge the least amount for each sale. You could also put them on gunbroker.com.
You would just have to get a copy of the FFL the buyer is using and ship them to the FFL

I know Calbelas buys guns and advertise that they'll buy collections. Bear in mind that the are going to sell them so there needs to room in the deal for them to make some money.

Gun shows are a good option. You'll either need an arrangement with a dealer or a stack of private transfer forms and a credit card to give OSP when you call the check in.

You will get a lot of dealers and show rats who will come to you before the doors open to try to lowball you out of stuff. But it's a decent way to off stuff quickly.

For that matter, put some on here and you'll likely get better money for them. At least that has been my experience...

Good luck!

If looking to do one quick swoop. Check around for a estate buyer that does firearms. May not get you the highest dollar amount, but they usually buy everything all at once. Had a friend's grandpa go this route after he picked through and gave the better ones away to family. He owned a couple hundred though, if your talking a smaller collection, I'd probably try to sell it if on my own.

Assuming there is an FFL you are willing to drive to I would try here for the firearms. This is going to be the best price. As mentioned dealers will buy but they need to make money on selling which comes off your end. With the BGC the gun shows not as easy as it was. Would not be out much to try. For larger stuff not a firearm show may be great.

Selling the guns is the reasonably easy part. It is all the misc stuff. I probably have as much $ value in ammo, magazines, parts, accessories as I do in the firearms I am going to try and move.

I am not in a huge hurry to sell. This is no thing I am taking lightly. Part of me does not want to sell, but the reality is that it is time. Several years ago I had plans for "using" this stuff in a few years and much of it has not been touched, other then being moved around. I see no time in the next decade when I will get to use it so I need to downsize.

Selling the guns is the reasonably easy part. It is all the misc stuff. I probably have as much $ value in ammo, magazines, parts, accessories as I do in the firearms I am going to try and move.

I am not in a huge hurry to sell. This is no thing I am taking lightly. Part of me does not want to sell, but the reality is that it is time. Several years ago I had plans for "using" this stuff in a few years and much of it has not been touched, other then being moved around. I see no time in the next decade when I will get to use it so I need to downsize.

For that I would try a show then. Can't hurt. Only out the cost of a table and it may all sell.

The accessories are the easy part.
List on here and ship.

Or travel to portland for a "garage" sale on the road. One of the guys here may even host.
Just list it all with a later date to meet.

But at least you can ship it easily.

Items on the ban list should move easy peasy when the awaited legislation starts moving forward in WA and OR. In WA, the AG is supposed to submit an AWB bill this month. Although unlikely to pass, mags etc, will be sought by many.

I would be quite interested in seeing a list of items if you end up making your mind to liquidate some stuff:)

Selling the Mag's and ammo and other stuff is easy it's the guns them self's that is a pain in the arss

6 years ago, there was a guy selling gun collection in yard sales around West Linn.
His job was placing old people into retirement centers and they don't allow firearms, so he scooped up whole collections of guns for cheap and he would then hold yard sales along side the road.
As long as he didn't have more then 25 guns it wasn't considered a gun show.
He actually advertised on Craigslist and most of the stuff for sale were hunting guns, but every once in while he had some war related bring backs.

I will have to start working on a list. Really I have to see what all I have first and really sort though it all. I wont even have time until next month.

For me the issue is largely the logistics of delivery. Be that in person or mail or other.

I just thought of this MAYBE YOU SHOULD GO TO THE OTHER THREAD GUNS YOU HAVE SOLD AND REGRETTED IT LOL

I have thought about that as well. It is not a total sell off, just a serious thinning.

I have bought and sold a lot in the past. Yes there are guns I wish I still had, simply because I want them. I easily still have a million dollar list of guns I would like to have. With that said even if I had all them they would just be sitting stored away being neglected.

I will have to start working on a list. Really I have to see what all I have first and really sort though it all. I wont even have time until next month.

For me the issue is largely the logistics of delivery. Be that in person or mail or other.
Well I have only been on this site for a few weeks but I'm pretty sure that there are guys and girls on here that would like a first look at your collection you probably know this some people will drive hundreds of miles for the right gun LOL

Hey Nwcid how's the diving going? I would guess good if you're selling off above sea level toys!
I did shows and loved them. Great fun meeting new folks.
Anyway never did one after the nazi bill passed but I guess you will need to have a FFL around or make a deal with a dealer at the show to do the checks.
As far as the 'other gear' ,it's kinda like a garage sale,do you want to make money or move stuff? Of course everyone wants a deal at the gun shows so you'll have to want to move stuff.
I would suggest going to a couple shows first to get an idea of pricing. I would guess you would do better in Spokane than Yakima?
I do understand not wanting to ship a bunch of stuff. But if you calculate that savings into the show sales ( you know,what I think it's worth minus the cost and bother of shipping 20 guns:confused: equals a decent price for someone)
The guns you're not sure about you price them higher and if someone make a rediculous offer,well
You can do shows in Idaho and Montana but you can't sell handguns I guess. Maybe so but you would need a FFL for any gun I guess huh?
So good luck with your sales and your new found adventures.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top