JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just moved to the Treasure Valley and am interested in taking some free or inexpensive courses to bolster my self sufficieny skills. In particular I'm interested in skills like food storage, meat cutting, growing and harvesting food, working with wood or metal, etc.

I did a brief web search but I figured it wouldn't hurt to crowd source some advice. Anyone have any recommendations for classes in the area?

I just moved to the Treasure Valley and am interested in taking some free or inexpensive courses to bolster my self sufficieny skills. In particular I'm interested in skills like food storage, meat cutting, growing and harvesting food, working with wood or metal, etc.

I did a brief web search but I figured it wouldn't hurt to crowd source some advice. Anyone have any recommendations for classes in the area?
You want free? Get on YouTube and devour the TENS OF THOUSANDS of the useful (and excellent) pertinent subjects you're looking for.

I'm always referring to being "YouTube Certified", and "YouTube University".

What about one of these? They are liek $4 I think. Lots of crap in there it's pretty thick. I need to read it someday.

1BB210A7-D188-4010-A1B4-4C7B905CD182.jpeg

Self sufficient means cutting the cord and going Darwin.
I was thinking of learning all you can while the cord is attached. After someone cuts it, then you're on your own. Making yourself fit enough to survive while it is available.
As the song says;
"Ya got to get it, hmm, hmmm, you got to get it while the gettin' is good"

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany