JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thanks everyone. Good input. I'm an old dawg and accept the potential risks/rewards of carrying anything that can be used for self defense. I also am choosing to live a reasonably safe lifestyle. Still I go equipped wherever I go. Like the old meme ... I'm too old to take an a$$ whoopin' and too slow to out run one. Such is the conundrum of aging gracefully. Pops
Yah, we are old too.

Stay out of bad places!!!

My wife just refuses to carry her gun on her daily walks... so I bought her some pepper spray and an extendable baton. She doesn't carry those either. :rolleyes: But at least she woulda had something to use against sh*theads and Rottweilers. Now I have it in the car as a lesser option to shooting someone.

View attachment 429572

I must occasionally remind my three 20-something sons every now and then when they get cocky with me, that "an old grey lion is.... STILL a lion" and make a sudden move with my hands on the word, "STILL".... they about jump out of their shoes every time.

The young dummies.... LMAO!

As someone that has training in the use of a baton for work (law enforcement), I highly encourage that you choose to carry something else. If you are dead set on carrying a baton, I suggest looking into formal training in its use from either ASP or Monodnock. Improperly using your baton is a great way to get it taken away from you in a fight and having it used against you. Plus, depending who you ask, batons are considered higher up on the UOF continuum than TASERs and OC spray.

Just opinion but unless you take class like arnis the is a good chance someone would take your stick away and beat the heck out of you.:D
This is true but you could say the same for a gun if you pull it out and don't use it someone could take it and use it against you

Unless metal detectors are at your place of work, I'd go deep concealment pistol before a baton. A baton gives limited advantages, and many legal disadvantages. I do not know washington's law, but its flat out illegal for joe citizen to carry a baton here. We cannot carry concealed truncheons, saps, clubs etc. Rarely do folks get prosecuted, but its there, and if you hafta use it, you may wind up in the cell next to the guy who you used it on. I'd learn unarmed combatives, carry pepper spray, a good blade, and a concealed pistol.

If you do go with a baton, get training. Never aim at the head. And if you are going to use a baton get a good one. Monandnock or ASP are the only ones I'd mess with. I went cheap knock off when I did security, and in practicing with it, I bent it to the point it would not close.

W-MON-5010_alt1.jpeg

Unless metal detectors are at your place of work, I'd go deep concealment pistol before a baton. A baton gives limited advantages, and many legal disadvantages. I do not know washington's law, but its flat out illegal for joe citizen to carry a baton here. We cannot carry concealed truncheons, saps, clubs etc. Rarely do folks get prosecuted, but its there, and if you hafta use it, you may wind up in the cell next to the guy who you used it on. I'd learn unarmed combatives, carry pepper spray, a good blade, and a concealed pistol.

If you do go with a baton, get training. Never aim at the head. And if you are going to use a baton get a good one. Monandnock or ASP are the only ones I'd mess with. I went cheap knock off when I did security, and in practicing with it, I bent it to the point it would not close.
Funny you say that because I had a cheap one that I got on eBay for like 35 bucks it still works but I'm sure after I hit something or someone with it it will be done I ordered a 26 IN ASP THE OTHER DAY and I have a bid on another one going on right now hopefully it won't go over what I bid on it

Last Edited:
Few years back the cops gave up carrying stick and clubs so I bought brand new a big nightsick. I keep it by the bedroom window in case I need to break it to get out of the house through the window. Great club and only $10o_O

Edited, in a fire the window doesn't open far enough to get out, it's a double pane window.

Last Edited:

To tell the truth I don't really know what the law is in WASHINGTON I'll have to look into it but if antifa can run around with there sticks and clubs and anything else they want lol where are you at or what state is ROCK CREEK lol there is a rock Creek in every state

I got a brand new base ball bat in the trunk of my car lol funny thing is it's not for protection .I bought it for my neice year ago for Xmas present because she plays soft ball .and I forgot about it and never gave it to her still has the price tag hanging on it lol

Under California Law (PC 12020) carrying a "billy" is a felony. The courts have defined a baseball bat as a billy but only when it has been modified or shortened in some way. But if you are carrying a regular baseball bat specifically as a weapon, then in theory, that is illegal. Highly unlikely to be arrested or charged unless you are doing something else illegal. Throw a glove on the handle and you'll be fine...

Under California Law (PC 12020) carrying a "billy" is a felony. The courts have defined a baseball bat as a billy but only when it has been modified or shortened in some way. But if you are carrying a regular baseball bat specifically as a weapon, then in theory, that is illegal. Highly unlikely to be arrested or charged unless you are doing something else illegal. Throw a glove on the handle and you'll be fine...

If by glove on the handle you mean thug scalps..... I'm in! :D

Few years back the cops gave up carrying stick and clubs so I bought brand new a big nightsick. I keep it by the bedroom window in case I need to break it to get out of the house through the window. Great club and only $10o_O

Edited, in a fire the window doesn't open far enough to get out, it's a double pane window.

In new construction, that would be a code violation.

Crawling thru broken glass in a fireo_O... get it fixed!!!

Hmmmm, I was watching "Most Shocking - Bedlam and Brawls" with the sound off during lunch. Just cuz I like to watch TV or read while eating. Anyway, people were using sticks, 2x2, chairs, and cops were whacking thighs with collapsible baton... ALL were highly ineffective at taking the opposition out of the fight.

Hmmmm, I was watching "Most Shocking - Bedlam and Brawls" with the sound off during lunch. Just cuz I like to watch TV or read while eating. Anyway, people were using sticks, 2x2, chairs, and cops were whacking thighs with collapsible baton... ALL were highly ineffective at taking the opposition out of the fight.
That's why the pepper spray spray first then wack the $#!+ Out of them LOL

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top