JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"Vitamin D is the sunshine vitamin that has been produced on this earth for more than 500 million years. During exposure to sunlight 7-dehydrocholesterol in the skin absorbs UV B radiation and is converted to previtamin D3 which in turn isomerizes into vitamin D3."

If you realize doctors have been pushing sunblockers so you don't get cancer for decades then it's obvious why people don't get enough vitamin D.

This has been known a long time. When I was in med school way back, an endocrinologist lectured us that there was not a SINGLE day of the year in Seattle you could pick up enough UV outdoors to make enough Vitamin D that you needed. Should be a standard supplement for anyone in our region.

And as a counterpoint that there is not a practical toxic limit, he pointed out that a person shirtless in Houston at peak summer would make about 250,000 IU in an hour, IIRC. So there is no "toxic" amount you can take.

ddv96e0dopc91.jpg

This has been known a long time. When I was in med school way back, an endocrinologist lectured us that there was not a SINGLE day of the year in Seattle you could pick up enough UV outdoors to make enough Vitamin D that you needed. Should be a standard supplement for anyone in our region.

And as a counterpoint that there is not a practical toxic limit, he pointed out that a person shirtless in Houston at peak summer would make about 250,000 IU in an hour, IIRC. So there is no "toxic" amount you can take.
But you can get skin cancer :rolleyes: it won't be from vit d though but from the solar radiation..

Long sleeve shirts all year long.

10k ui of vitamin d daily.

Had been taking 15k for decades but doc suggested I back off a little as I was just under the recommended limit when I had a blood test done.

Cheap insurance and it had t seemed to hurt.

Everyone looking simultaneously younger and older....
There is a long history of the medical profession creating problems so they can sell us something to solve those problems.

One I remember from decades ago was they linked salt to high blood pressure and had a campaign to get folks to quit salt. After a couple of decades they found the lack of salt made men unable to get it up. They came up with a salt derivative in a little blue pill that sells like hotcakes.

Just like covid, they used gain of function to create covid then sold the vaccine and booster after booster that doesn't work.

I take time daily to lay outside and tan my nut sack and a$$hole. They say it really boosts your testosterone…. And my neighbors love it!

It must be working cause I haven't suck started a 9mm yet.

74C4B628-5C2C-4060-BB79-3A2A8B40A1F4.jpeg

@Longwalkhome I'm not talking about Pharma and other conspiracies; I'm talking about the easily observable facts; healthy people now in their 50s-80s look far younger now, than people their ages looked back in the 80s and 90s... at the same time; healthy children now tend to look older, faster than they did back in the 90s and 80s. Particularly the pre-teen-teen kids.

This can easily be attributed to the cultural norms back in the 60s, 70s, where everyone smoked everywhere, drank copiously, and used tanning oils all the time..

Typically people who get outside more have healthier lifestyles, this helps counter all the negative experiences we get in life. Nature is an incredible source of wellbeing and understanding.

Don't think that's vitamin D she's getting back there. :s0114: :s0026:

Vitamin "D" isn't something that is normally tested for, typically the insurance company's will not pay for the test, so... the doctors generally don't have people tested for it. About ten years ago my doctor ordered a test, found me deficient in "D", since then "D" and a multi vitamin are daily for me.

Over the years I've lived in Florida (probably should have settled there), California (a once great state) and the North West. Winter in the NW I always to varying degrees suffered with SAD. Since taking the vitamin supplements I am able o appreciate and enjoy the winter months.

I like, totally aggrege with the VA study in the video.

Don't think that's vitamin D she's getting back there. :s0114: :s0026:

Vitamin "D" isn't something that is normally tested for, typically the insurance company's will not pay for the test, so... the doctors generally don't have people tested for it. About ten years ago my doctor ordered a test, found me deficient in "D", since then "D" and a multi vitamin are daily for me.

Over the years I've lived in Florida (probably should have settled there), California (a once great state) and the North West. Winter in the NW I always to varying degrees suffered with SAD. Since taking the vitamin supplements I am able o appreciate and enjoy the winter months.

I like, totally aggrege with the VA study in the video.
Same with me after my younger years near the equator.

And yes, I had to specifically ask my doc to order the test this last year.

One of the best doctors I've ever had put me on 15k of vit d about 18 years ago.

My wife has worked in the medical field before we settled up here 40 years ago And she mentioned that we should be taking vitamin D and incorporated it into our daily supplements.

I've been suicidal free ever since, Yahoo. :s0005:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top