JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Who would have thought Seattle would try this :rolleyes:
"
The proposal by Councilman Tim Burgess, who's running for re-election, would impose a $25 tax on every gun purchased and a 5-cent tax on every bullet.

A box of 100 bullets would cost $5 more, basically adding 25 percent to the cost of average ammunition.

The tax would raise between $300,000 and $500,000 a year, according to Burgess , and would fund gun violence programs and research."
http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/seattle-considers-tax-guns-and-ammunition/nmtLK/

The amount of money it COULD raise is dependant on consumers making their purchases within the taxing arm's reach of the City of Seattle .. . . I, for one, might stop making purchases at Outdoor Emporium and head south to their other location instead. . . .

""We often attach taxes to things that cause harm to our communities and we know that guns are causing harm," said Zach Silk, campaign manager with the Washington Alliance for Gun Safety."

A SIN TAX? Owning and using guns is not a SIN, it's a constitutional right!!!!!!! Where do they get their information???

It still bothers me that these so called educated people have no understanding between right and wrong or have any common sense. If they had any common sense they would know the root cause of gun violence is caused by CRIMINALS!!!!! But they want to tax and incriminate the law abiding gun owners because it fits their agenda!!!

People need to wake up and start spreading the word to family and friends who vote D, that these liberal progressives are not for the little people, as they are being told and they believe the swill being preached!!!

Perhaps they should find a way to tax those on the EBT titty, since some of them cause harm to our communities

Seattle's proposed gun, ammo tax based on fantasy?

When Seattle City Council President Tim Burgess was interviewed yesterday by KOMO's Lindsay Cohen, he asserted that, "Gun violence is a huge problem in our city, in our region and frankly in our whole country. We have an epidemic of gun violence," but does the crime data back that up?

<broken link removed>

In Seattle, they will soon have a tax on religion, free speech, being a Republican/Libertarian or any other "problematic" ideologies or issues that requires the city to spend its money, time and efforts to campaign against. It wouldn't surprise me if the city of Seattle soon made religious clergy to take specialized tests before being allowed to operate their churches/synagogues/mosques/whatever within the city limits.

Seattle wants to break-off and become its own city-state, just as the other Non-American cities such as New York City, San Francisco, Chicago, and VERY SADLY, our so-called Capitol, Washington DC have become.

Look at San Francisco, the SANCTUARY city. Our Constitution doesn't apply there . Guns are illegal for law-abiding citizens to carry, but illegal immigrants with 5 or however many previous felonies and deportations have full protection of the law and are not to be held accountable to any crimes committed, because they are oppressed.

Your tax dollars, BTW, paid for the gun the illegal immigrant used to shoot the unarmed victim who was not allowed to carry a gun for her personal protection, because it would have violated "state and city" laws that supersede our Constitution.

I feel the state of Washington is doomed. More and more radical nutjobs, like the Indian communist, are moving here. Freedom loving and rational minded people are jumping ship and going East.

Fire mission, let the Seattle politburo know your opinion.

<broken link removed>

Gun violence is a burden on our entire society. It hits victims, survivors, and their families the hardest – but it affects our whole community. And the costs – in both human lives, and money – are extraordinary.

By one estimate, taxpayers spent $12 million last year to treat 253 gunshot victims at Seattle's Harborview Medical Center.

We have a responsibility as a society to help prevent this suffering. That's why the Seattle City Council is considering a smart proposal by Council President Tim Burgess to tax the sale of guns and bullets, and to require gun owners – for the first time – to report lost or stolen firearms.

This policy reflects a basic truth: rights come with responsibilities, and our community has a right to be safe from gun violence. <broken link removed>

We already attach taxes to things that do widespread harm, like tobacco products. And the reporting of a lost or stolen gun makes it much harder for that weapon to end up in dangerous hands. By passing this common-sense approach, we can reduce gun violence just as we have reduced the public health consequences of tobacco use.View attachment 246575

Notorious local gun lobbyist Alan Gottlieb has already called the proposal "dead on arrival." Let's prove him wrong. <broken link removed>

Thank you.

Zach

emaillogo.png

An interesting Wednesday looms locally and nationally
:eek:
Wednesday will be an interesting day locally and nationally for Second Amendment activists who will be watching how the Seattle City Council handles a proposed gun and ammunition tax – which one anti-gun reader doesn't think goes far enough in this morning's Seattle Times – and for patriot groups watching the launch of the military's controversial "Jade Helm" training exercise across several Southwest states.

<broken link removed>

We need to declare war on the independent city-state of Seattle.. Kshama Sawant and her armies must be defeated by the freedom loving native Cascadians/Washingtonians.

Last I checked Seattle was in the state of Washington, although it may have now officially seceded from the state. I know the laws of Washington don't apply in the city-state, even if they are suppose to..

It is because of Seattle's fascist city leaders is why Washington residents should heavily armed. It is just a matter of time before anyone who doesn't have a rainbow flag on their front porch or displayed on the wall of their home will be fined, beaten and arrested.

In Seattle, they will soon have a tax on religion, free speech, being a Republican/Libertarian or any other "problematic" ideologies or issues that requires the city to spend its money, time and efforts to campaign against. It wouldn't surprise me if the city of Seattle soon made religious clergy to take specialized tests before being allowed to operate their churches/synagogues/mosques/whatever within the city limits.

Seattle wants to break-off and become its own city-state, just as the other Non-American cities such as New York City, San Francisco, Chicago, and VERY SADLY, our so-called Capitol, Washington DC have become.

Look at San Francisco, the SANCTUARY city. Our Constitution doesn't apply there . Guns are illegal for law-abiding citizens to carry, but illegal immigrants with 5 or however many previous felonies and deportations have full protection of the law and are not to be held accountable to any crimes committed, because they are oppressed.

Your tax dollars, BTW, paid for the gun the illegal immigrant used to shoot the unarmed victim who was not allowed to carry a gun for her personal protection, because it would have violated "state and city" laws that supersede our Constitution.

I feel the state of Washington is doomed. More and more radical nutjobs, like the Indian communist, are moving here. Freedom loving and rational minded people are jumping ship and going East.

Washington DC never was a "city-state" in that it was created from territory from two states so that no state could boast of having the nation's capital.

It is NOT and never has been a state and it's non-voting representative should NOT be in congress

Jack

I hear ya. This city is screwed up. Seems like every ballot to increase taxes gets passed for every single stupid idea. The anti-car sentiment is pissing me off too. Why don't we close down a lane on a very busy street to cars and have a bike lane that hardly anyone uses? GREAT IDEA, NOT!

I have had it with the God forsaken city of Seattle.

Perhaps, Washington's preemptive laws will strike down this sneaky form of "Gun Control'. As always the city of Seattle is trying to circumvent state laws. For example, trying to make it a city crime if you don't report a stolen gun. I doubt it will hold up in the courts, because Seattle is not allowed to implement its own gun laws. It has tried before and has failed. However, as Washington becomes more and more liberalized with the growth of Seattle with all the bleeding hearts around the world to this once-Emerald city, the entire state will start to suffer, as we seen with I-594 laws now in effect.

However, I see dark times ahead in this already overcrowded, overly-liberal, snotty and pretentious city. I came to Seattle because I am in the IT industry, but now I am really just wanting to get the hell out of the city. The overly liberal mindset and Californization/East-Coast liberal transformation of this once grand city is truly depressing and becoming more and more prevalent.

I'm ready to just give up my IT profession altogether if that is what is needed to live in a free state. Everyone says, oh you should focus on your career and live in Seattle, New York, San Francisco or Los Angeles. I guess some people consider freedom a big bank account, which is what attracts many people to these cities. I'm ready to take a pay cut. Of course, along with the liberal gun laws come other liberal laws that will sooner or later destroy the business friendly atmosphere which attracted many people here in the beginning. Although, the liberals/bleeding-hearts/commies have come for the trees, nature and to escape the chaos they made back home, they feel they must fix the stupid Washington people and their "backwards" thinking about 2nd Amendment rights and low-taxation.

People said they were going to stop with "sensible" gun control laws. Now, they want to make guns and ammo so expensive and will slowly add this or that regulation. Just watch. Soon it will be a crime not to have your gun locked up in a safe and soon they will require psychological exams to get a CHL, which probably everyone will eventually fail.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top