JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
One shot and then disengage? That shows tremendous restraint given the beating he was taking.

Wife pulled the trigger, supposedly.

The video is good evidence. I'm no fan of anti-fa or Milo fanboys, but I do believe in free speech and the right to protest / counter protest. It's clear that the man shot was an aggressor in this situation, but the problem Mr. Hokoana and his wife are the bad optics of "I can't wait for tomorrow. I'm going to the milo event and if the snowflakes get out off hand I'm going to wade through their ranks and start cracking skulls."

Statements like that are the stuff that prosecutors love to use against people.

Maybe the most important part of carrying a firearm and self defense is staying away from trouble in the first place.
There's a reason I don't go to rallies or protests. Avoid confrontation of any kind at all costs.
I'm expecting someone to call me a wimp, sissy, or something along that line and slightly more colorful. That couldn't be farther from the truth; I will absolutely engage someone threatening me or those around me, but there's no point putting yourself in a situation to do so unnecessarily.
Don't walk into the hornets nest and wonder why you got stung.

Maybe the most important part of carrying a firearm and self defense is staying away from trouble in the first place.
There's a reason I don't go to rallies or protests. Avoid confrontation of any kind at all costs.
I'm expecting someone to call me a wimp, sissy, or something along that line and slightly more colorful. That couldn't be farther from the truth; I will absolutely engage someone threatening me or those around me, but there's no point putting yourself in a situation to do so unnecessarily.
Don't walk into the hornets nest and wonder why you got stung.
I get it. I'm torn on this issue. I'm all for avoiding trouble but I'm not the type to cave to bullying. I think their big mistake was wanting to crack heads and bragging about it. Since the other guy did the same thing, has a violent past and instigated the fight, I lean toward the couple. I'm not sure how much of that a jury is going to get to hear though.

Wife pulled the trigger, supposedly.

The video is good evidence. I'm no fan of anti-fa or Milo fanboys, but I do believe in free speech and the right to protest / counter protest. It's clear that the man shot was an aggressor in this situation, but the problem Mr. Hokoana and his wife are the bad optics of "I can't wait for tomorrow. I'm going to the milo event and if the snowflakes get out off hand I'm going to wade through their ranks and start cracking skulls."

Statements like that are the stuff that prosecutors love to use against people.

There were statements like that on both sides of the recent riots:

C-Dor9qXkAAHkqz.jpg

AOjABxh.jpg

No, judges and prosecutors have no discretion in the manner. So long as you meet the statutory eligibility requirements, you get your gun rights back.
So - the leftist "terrorists" win? Eff that nonsense - - let's see what Jeff Sessions would say about this....
I would say that the dude who was shot was violating the civil rights of the attendees who were present

Well, one can look at these incidents from a variety of perspectives. For example, I've noticed a pattern that a lot of the stranger on stranger violence where I live tends to happen in certain problem areas late at night. So I simply avoid being out late at night period.

Am I giving in to criminals by doing that? Or am I being smart?

If I am at home watching TV or online at my computer late at night, I am not going to be putting myself at any risk.

We have all been told from OFF that the Judge suppressed any POV footage from Mike Strickland's video camera. This is the first I have heard about Mike's memory card being stolen at the Portland hand up don't shoot protest. Lance, can you site a source for this new information.

My memory is so bad these days, that I often confuse things and make mistakes. I'm not mentally sharp anymore.

I guess that Michael Strickland or his lawyer are the people who could clarify this. I certainly cannot. I could easily be mistaken in my recollection.

If Strickland's video of the incident does indeed exist as you say it does, then it would be rather shocking that it has been suppressed from anyone ever seeing it. That would be even more evidence that the justice system in Portland is rigged against gun owners and conservatives.

There is even video of the perpetrators physically assaulting Michael, from his own camera. That video has been ordered SEALED by the very judge who presided over the trial and will likely never be seen by the public.

Source Oregon Firearms Foundation Vendetta

There is even video of the perpetrators physically assaulting Michael, from his own camera. That video has been ordered SEALED by the very judge who presided over the trial and will likely never be seen by the public.

Source Oregon Firearms Foundation Vendetta

Well, in that case, how stupid was it then for Strickland and his attorney to ask this judge to decide his case, instead of a jury?

The myth that all judges are champions of justice, and have no biases or personal agendas, is simply not true. They are capable of being as fallible and imperfect as any other human being.

Meanwhile, in North Dakota at the Standing Rock oil pipeline protests last November, this business owner who was blocked by the protesters from going home at the end of a day's work, was never charged with any crime, despite pointing his Beretta 92 at several people.

Why did the local sheriff there, believe that no crime was committed by this gun owner in that incident?

Just look at how mad he was, that he was being prevented by the protesters from driving home after a day of hard work:

15068409_153548518450131_2872415962352521741_o.jpg

Just look at the screaming crowd that mobbed his truck.

What should one do in these situations? This gun owner has been vilified and condemned all over the Internet.

Last Edited:
Meanwhile, in North Dakota at the Standing Rock oil pipeline protests last November, this business owner who was blocked by the protesters from going home at the end of a day's work, was never charged with any crime, despite pointing his Beretta 92 at several people.

Why did the local sheriff there, believe that no crime was committed by this gun owner in that incident?

Just look at how mad he was, that he was being prevented by the protesters from driving home after a day of hard work:

View attachment 362111

What should one do in these situations? This gun owner has been vilified and condemned all over the Internet.

Because this incident happened in North Dakota, not California, Oregon, or Washington. ;)

Well, in that case, how stupid was it then for Strickland and his attorney to ask this judge to decide his case, instead of a jury?

The myth that all judges are champions of justice, and have no biases or personal agendas, is simply not true. They are capable of being as fallible and imperfect as any other human being.

Strickland'a attorney Chris Trotter asked for several motions, including change of venue out of Multnomah County–Oregon's most liberal and anti-gun county. The motion was denied. Journalist Charged With Pulling Gun to Stop Anarchist Attack Denied Change of Venue From Anti-Gun Portland - Victoria Taft

When it came time to seat a jury it became clear very quickly that the chances of getting impartial jurists in Multnomah County were almost zero. Only two of the potential jurors believed it was ok to have a firearm for self protection. Both would be eliminated by the prosecutors. Michael's lawyers made the decision to dispense with the jury and opted for a bench trial. They understood their only hope was a fair and honest judge. They hoped for too much. After jurors criticize guns, man accused of gun crime wants judge to decide case

Look up the term "railroaded" in the dictionary and you will find a picture of Michael Strickland.

Being a supporter of both Milo and what he speaks out for/against, I would have liked to attend the event but I can tell you this, knowing how it may (and did) turn out there's no way I'm bringing a gun to that. It's one thing to go to something like this knowing there may be trouble. It's another thing to go there armed and potentially put yourself in a situation to feel you have to use your gun.

No thanks, going to avoid that type of thing like the plague if I've got one of my guns on me. For exactly the reason of this thread. You simply can't trust in the system to take your side in a very-leftist state like Washington. Sad, but it's the reality. I stay out of trouble by avoiding it. Again, especially when armed.

View attachment 362111

One big difference here is he is trying to go home. Looks like the only road in. He did not go out to a LIBERAL city's downtown core to confront a bunch of kook rioters.

Strickland'a attorney Chris Trotter asked for several motions, including change of venue out of Multnomah County–Oregon's most liberal and anti-gun county. The motion was denied. Journalist Charged With Pulling Gun to Stop Anarchist Attack Denied Change of Venue From Anti-Gun Portland - Victoria Taft

When it came time to seat a jury it became clear very quickly that the chances of getting impartial jurists in Multnomah County were almost zero. Only two of the potential jurors believed it was ok to have a firearm for self protection. Both would be eliminated by the prosecutors. Michael's lawyers made the decision to dispense with the jury and opted for a bench trial. They understood their only hope was a fair and honest judge. They hoped for too much. After jurors criticize guns, man accused of gun crime wants judge to decide case

Look up the term "railroaded" in the dictionary and you will find a picture of Michael Strickland.

If the jury pool is really that bad in Multnomah County, then how is it that so many of the Malheur Refuge Occupation defendants were found not guilty?

While that was in Federal Court, it still drew jurors from the same local jury pool. Are you saying that the County's court system is rigged??

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads