JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If the jury pool is really that bad in Multnomah County, then how is it that so many of the Malheur Refuge Occupation defendants were found not guilty?

While that was in Federal Court, it still drew jurors from the same local jury pool. Are you saying that the County's court system is rigged??

That one really, i mean REALLY shocked me for just that reason. I figured with them drawing the people from that pool those guys were hung. I would have to say dumb luck??

I will admit that I read about most of the case/incident from reading this thread. I am honestly split on the situation. Its a lot like the Martin case years ago. There is a legally armed person placing them selves in harms way and a hostile unintelligent person seeking violence. The issue about carrying on a campus is irrelevant to the incident.

I tend to look at concealed carry like driving. It is a privilege granted until someone demonstrates that they are irresponsible. I do not think that a person that cc should wade into a hostile crowd. If a person open carries: go wading all you want. Floks are on notice that a permanent end to hostile actions is likely. I would seriously consider pulling her cpl for many years.

That said I have no sympathy for the guy that got shot. You do not put hands on another person. Its really simple: you attach someone and they have a right to put you down by what ever means are handy. And, the video shows him to be the aggressor.

It is a shame that the couple has found them selves in the hands of the law. They should be spanked for carrying when and where they should not. But they are being dragged through the mud as if they went somewhere with murderous intent and attached people. I do not think a social media post constitutes murderous intent and the video does not show them as attacking anyone.

I wish a spot light would be placed on the cops, campus, and city. Cops are supposed to be the peace keepers. She drew because no cops were taking care of the situation. When the KKK has a march the cops are out in force to keep the parties separated. Where were they when this went down? Why did they not ensure uninterrupted access to the event? Why did they not keep the parties separated?

I sure hope the couple gets their life back and that the POS the instigated the whole thing does not get compensation because he is labeled as a victim. He should be an example of what can happen when you attack someone.

I don't think anyone here is "blaming" the shooter. At least not me. I am saying anyone who wants to go to some event like this needs to consider is it worth it too them? Considering they are both now out of a job and needing lawyers to defend themselves. At best they will be looking at civil suit next which again means they have to hire lawyers. So for getting a hat signed it's going to get quite expensive with them. It's everyone's personal choice to make as to whether they think this is a good idea.

You hit the nail on the head here, which is that even if they win, they lose. The upcoming legal expenses and life disruptions will ensure that no matter what the outcome of the trial/trials, they are coming out the other end way worse off than when they went in.

I don't carry, open or otherwise. But if I did, I would see the gun as an absolute last resort to be used only after exercising good sense and due caution proved fruitless. Taking a gun to place where violence is assured can go bad a number of ways (shooting someone, or losing control of your own gun and being shot to think of two examples) -- I just don't see making the choice to go somewhere chaotic when you don't have to, as rising to the requisite level of caution a person who carries should exercise. I'm not talking about morality or whatever, I mean that in practical sense. We don't use the word "trial" to mean hard and terrible life events for no reason -- trials suck.

As for the trial itself -- I've watched the video and honestly, it's hard for me to make out. Hopefully there is something clearer. I know one poster said that the guy was breaking up fights but I've also read he was spraying people with pepper spray. If that is what is meant by "breaking up fights", I don't think that is going to play out well because he will look like an instigator. And lastly, joking on Facebook might seem fun, but if you are going to put yourself in a situation that can result in legal charges, it makes sense to be circumspect. If those statements are admitted, it will be a hard trial.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top