JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
After a lengthy investigation, the King County District Attorney's office decided to go forward and charge a Seattle couple that attended the controversial Milo Yiannopolous speech last January at the University of Washington's campus. The husband has been charged with misdemeanor 3rd degree Assault for using Pepper Spray, while the wife has been charged with felony 1st degree assault for shooting a man in the stomach with a 9mm Glock. Both husband and wife, who have no criminal records of any kind, claimed that they acted in self-defense, as tensions between Trump protesters and supporters got out of hand outside the event.

The King County DA is alleging that the couple deliberately went to the event armed with a purpose of of goading leftists protesters into a confrontation. The couple is denying this, and is claiming that they only engaged in law self-defense, when protesters attacked them. The man the wife shot, is a member of the Industrial Workers of the World, which has a very strong anti-capitalism, pro-communism ideology. The defense attorney for the couple said that this is a case of legal self-defense, and pointed out posts on Facebook made by the shot man shortly before the event, saying that the the time for rationale discussion between the left and right had ended, and that it was now time to use violence.

My advice folks, is that if you are a conservative, then don't attend these conservative events that the left organizes against and tries to shut down. You are just asking for trouble by showing up. And especially, if you are gun owner, then by no means should you ever attend any of these leftist rallies or protests armed. This case, and the Michael Strickland case as well, should definitely convince you to not carry a firearm when you are around these hostile people. For there is a strong likelihood that you will be attacked, especially if you are identified as being a Trump supporter, as this couple was. And honestly, if you are in a left-wing major city like Portland or Seattle, the DA is going to view you as being the bad guy.

At their arraignment, the husband and wife both pled not guilty. They were told that they each had to post $10,000 in bail within 48 hours. The judge also barred the couple from possessing any firearms, or setting foot on the University of Washington campus.

Couple plead not guilty to charges in UW shooting during Milo Yiannopoulos speech

789d85ba-3022-11e7-91e8-f4f57285bdfc-640x467.jpg

Last Edited:
This is the definition of terrorism, making people afraid to do the things the terrorist doesn't want them to do. If we go to an event unarmed because we might need to use our arms, then we may as well just let them have the country, because we are giving up.

So we should give up our rights and let the fascist win?

It's a choice. You want to go to something like this, that is your choice. This couple made that choice. Now they will most likely at best end up bankrupt by the time they pay for their defense. If all goes the best it could and they are found not guilty the person they shot will go after them in civil court. So this will hound them for years. This is the best they can look forward to. Given were this will be tried there is a good chance the one who shot someone will be convicted of a felony. Then she can look forward to prison time and more legal fees to try to win on appeal. So would I make this choice? NO. Anyone else who wants to make the same choice these 2 did is certainly free to do so.
Do I like this? Of course not. That does not mean I will wade into the sewer of Seattle with a gun to make a point. If this couple seeks donations to help and after some checking to make sure in my mind they are right I will donate. I still will not follow their example here.

Hopefully they have carry concealed carry insurance fight and have the money to fight. I do believe in WA, if they are found not guilty they can sue the city or state for bringing charges against them for a self defensive situation.

Hopefully they have carry concealed carry insurance fight and have the money to fight. I do believe in WA, if they are found not guilty they can sue the city or state for bringing charges against them for a self defensive situation.

Close. It's not a lawsuit, but the jury is allowed to award attorneys fees/costs/lost wages if the couple proves self-defense by a preponderance of the evidence as part of the criminal trial.

Notice how none of the antifa/BLM/anarchist instigators of violence at protests ever get arrested and charged in Portland, Berkley, or Seattle. Since the authorities in those cities both tolerate support whatever the left does the fix is in. The solution is at the voting polls (while we still can), but I will never discourage people from showing up to stand up for their rights.

We MUST resist or we will lose our rights. HOW you resist is up to you.

One was working, the other going to school. The one working is now out of work, the one going to school has been "suspended" from school.
Yes if they are acquitted they can sue for cost. Of course this means they have to hire a lawyer or find one to take it free. Again folks you may want to think about this before following in their foot steps here. Make sure you have nothing you own that can be taken like a home. Now they can't even poses a gun to defend themselves. Not a choice I would make.

It's a wonderful life to be a sheep - you are protected, fed, and even get the occasional haircut. Then somebody decides they want mutton for dinner...

Notice how none of the antifa/BLM/anarchist instigators of violence at protests ever get arrested and charged in Portland, Berkley, or Seattle. Since the authorities in those cities both tolerate support whatever the left does the fix is in. The solution is at the voting polls (while we still can), but I will never discourage people from showing up to stand up for their rights.

We MUST resist or we will lose our rights. HOW you resist is up to you.

I keep hoping these fools rioting and burning will wake up enough voters. So far my hope seems to be pretty empty. The rubes who see this stuff happening still vote in the same people who order the Police to stand there and let it happen. I'm sure it has to be pissing a lot of people off. Just a matter of how bad it has to get till enough will vote out the people who allow it. So far it looks like the voters are far from getting a belly full just yet. Really sad to watch it happen.

I keep hoping these fools rioting and burning will wake up enough voters. So far my hope seems to be pretty empty. The rubes who see this stuff happening still vote in the same people who order the Police to stand there and let it happen. I'm sure it has to be pissing a lot of people off. Just a matter of how bad it has to get till enough will vote out the people who allow it. So far it looks like the voters are far from getting a belly full just yet. Really sad to watch it happen.

You will notice there is a lag time on the reporting of certain events. I keep running across reports of assault and vandalism that happened during protests that weren't reported at the time. I think the local media, who clearly leans left, is complicit, because if we knew the totality I think more people from the right would be protesting and counter protesting.

You will notice there is a lag time on the reporting of certain events. I keep running across reports of assault and vandalism that happened during protests that weren't reported at the time. I think the local media, who clearly leans left, is complicit, because if we knew the totality I think more people from the right would be protesting and counter protesting.
Absolutely no doubt. If it was not for everyone having a video camera with them these days there would no video of this on any news cast. The only thing they would ever show is some Cop beating up some "children" who were peacefully protesting. It's still sad for me to watch election after election were the people who work, vote to have more money and rights taken from them. Then they vote to protect this scum. A lot of it is ignorance. Still sad to watch. Keep hoping for more to wake up before it's too late.

Never back down from scum.
Seattle voters keep voting to protect the scum and support them. It's why Seattle is the way it is now. Of course the people in charge make sure the scum does not live in their neighborhood. That's again on the voters though. They keep electing the people who put the scum in their neighborhood and demand more taxes from them to support said scum. As Ben said "People get the Government they deserve".

Notice how the Judge has removed the couples 2nd rights with out a jury trial, and they have yet to be found guilty of any thing, yet they no longer have the right or ability to defend them selves!:mad::mad::mad:

Seattle voters keep voting to protect the scum and support them. It's why Seattle is the way it is now. Of course the people in charge make sure the scum does not live in their neighborhood. That's again on the voters though. They keep electing the people who put the scum in their neighborhood and demand more taxes from them to support said scum. As Ben said "People get the Government they deserve".
And a sanctuary city too, correct?

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads