JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I guess I am kinda of an AK snub because I want my AK to be a certain way. I am in the market for an AK47 and so I went to a couple of local shops and I just couldn't believe the garbage they were trying to push on me, thinking I am some idiot who didn't know anything about AKs. After looking at about 5 different AK rifles.... I decided to just contact my FFL. I saw some really cheaply made AK for a high price, and the best out of the crap group was the Yugo underfolder by CAI and it didn't have matching number and it was not chrome lined. The build was decent but they wanted $699 and it came with one mag. I passed up on that Yugo and just decided to get an Arsenal through my FFL for $768 out the door, and yes it's a brand new Arsenal SGL21-71 (NATO length stock, longer stock).

What I want in my AK is factory build with new or never used old parts, chrome lined, and mag dimples. I don't care for used parts kit rifles, I don't care for none chrome lined (they say non chrome lined is more accurate but whatever!) and it must have mag dimples so the mag doesn't wobble all over the place.

I understand that some folks just don't have the money for a higher quality AK.... so get the best you can afford but thankfully I am in a position to get a high quality AK and I am gonna take advantage while I can and get the Arsenal.

Im still pretty new to Ak type rifles, I have owned a sar-1 which was a decent gun never filed to fire or anything like that but the finish was poor, I had a couple of Wasr 10's both were total junk (although some people get lucky and get a good one) I had a Arsenal which was pretty pricey but i just didnt like it very much, Had a CAI build ak74 which seemed decent enough but i didnt own it long enough too really get a feel for it,

I currently own two yugo m70 underfolders built by CAI one is still in the safe never used the other i have put a ton of rounds through with no problems, I love that rifle, as far as inexpensive ak type rifles go its the best i have owned, paid 500 for it new and wouldnt sell it for 1000

The yugo m70 are real nice, If you can find one cheap buy it! yeah i guess they dont have chrome lined barrels but its never made much difference to me

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top