JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Apparently SCCY pistols are considered to be the new Saturday Night Special by the ATF. SCCY used to replace stolen guns as part of their warranty, however so many people would leave them unlocked to be stolen by a friend or associate to get a free replacement that SCCY discontinued the replacement part of their warranty.

Color me skeptical at best here. I listened to this guys story. He keeps repeating how these are "on the ATF radar over and over again. The only Thing he backs this up with is one story he heard. I have some rather serious doubts about this. He keeps saying these are the new street guns due to low price. Problem I have with this is thugs have never cared what a gun costs retail. They don't buy guns from a dealer as a rule. They either steal them or buy them stolen. This guy claims people are buying several to sell. If some are doing this they are begging to get on the BATF radar alright. If guns you bought start showing up at crimes or with criminals, yes the Feds will start looking at you as a straw buyer.

This guy's info is a bit dated. This story dates back to early 2016 and was linked to SCCY's warranty to provide free 'theft replacement' of their guns as part of their really nice warranty. Apparently folks were buying SCCY's, allowing a 'friend' to just happen to 'steal it', then the buyer requests a free replacement, which they would get. Made it easy for bad people to get more guns.

So, SCCY, back in APRIL 2016 (over a year ago) stopped their free replacement of stolen guns (their repair warranty is still fully intact).

So, from what I can find, the ATF is still keeping an eye on some of the purchases just so they can try and find the bad folks that did bad stuff with the guns.

But to say that SCCY is 'on the ATF's radar' is, I think, a bit misleading, in an attempt to hype more views on his YT channel. In reality, the problem was effectively solved when SCCY, at the request of the ATF, stopped the theft replacement warranty back in early 2016.

I'm guessing the guy in his story was only approached by the ATF to make sure he wasn't one of the bad guys trying to continue the theft scam since he had bought a number of them. I'm sure the bad folks aren't yet fully aware they can't pull the SCCY scam any longer.

Here are two links from April 2016 that tell the story:

Sccy stops lifetime theft warranty in apparent bow to ATF

SCCY Pulls No Questions Warranty — Why You Should be Thankful

I remember when a guy I knew in Memphis bought a rather expensive new Schrade pocket knife (in 1980 or so), explaining that he fully intended to "lose" it and get a free warranty replacement.

Never heard of such a thing, but he seemed to know what he was talking about so I accepted it as fact. I also recall wondering how many knives the manufacturer ends up replacing under that very pretense.

I remember when a guy I knew in Memphis bought a rather expensive new Schrade pocket knife (in 1980 or so), explaining that he fully intended to "lose" it and get a free warranty replacement.

Never heard of such a thing, but he seemed to know what he was talking about so I accepted it as fact. I also recall wondering how many knives the manufacturer ends up replacing under that very pretense.

That does seem to ring a bell with me. Something about seeing ads that some maker would replace a "lost" knife. Doing something like that is of course just begging for abuse.

Even without a lost guns Warrenty, their no questions asked replacement policy is still top of the line.

That is a VERY good customer service point. When I first found Kel-Tec they were famous for that. Did not seem to care who originally bought the gun, if it broke they fixed it free. Last I heard they (KT)stopped dong this now. Heard you had to prove you were the original owner. From what I keep hearing about these Sccy guns they sound like they would be perfect for several situations. Like someone who is poor, has no gun and needs something for home. Another would be for a gun left in a vehicle, cabin, tackle box and such.

Older news.

This was sort of a thing due to people taking advantage of SCCYs good grace. Since they changed their policy it went away.

SCCY pistols are great. I finally got one a while back. Grip is a tad uncomfortable. Trigger is very smooth double action. Build quality is great.

Their customer service is better yet. I had a problem with the front sight and they took care of me very quickly.

Mine is super reliable and has close to 1k rounds thru it now.

It will hickup if I don't clean it every 200-300 rounds but it feeds every Ammo I've tried in it great.

My biggest issue is my large hands but it's workable.

For a Florida based company and the price it's almost silly not to own one.

Things I've been accused of losing.... mind, dignity, pride, marbles, common sense, etc. Nobody has offered to replace those for free. Lol.

Another thought, maybe the ATF's interest was piqued by the guy buying 4 pistols of the same inexpensive model at one time. Like he is arming a crew. One for Mr Pink, one for Mr White, one for Mr Brown and one for Mr Orange.

IMG_9683-1280x853.jpg
2242383851C0236D026386.jpg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews