JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Bills that die in committee don't state that on their tracking page, at least not always. They simply never progress to the next stage and the only way one could know if the committee killed it or not is it someone in the know told them.

From the link above:

"None of us who care about our personal liberties, our Constitutional rights, our ability to possess and use firearms, should put down our guard despite the fact that SB501 will not move forward in this session." —Sen. Betsy Johnson (D)

Unbeknownst to the LGCers waiting in her office, at that very moment the most restrictive and draconian of the pending bills, SB501, was being killed in committee and withdrawn. The club members were greeted with the unbeatable welcome "I have some good news for you…"

She opined on which bills are most and least likely to pass.

Some kind of "gun safety" legislation will pass, she thinks, though perhaps not in present form.

The now most problematic bill, HB2251, which defines "assault weapons" may or may not pass: Betsy could not make the call yet whether it has the votes.

Those are the Key notes I picked up on.

I think i'll roll with betsy's warning about HB2251 and keep an eye on SB501 for a later session, sounds like its just been canned and put on the shelf for use at a later date. So thats what 10 bills to watch out for and one which has been specifically pointed out by a rep whose pro gun.

Don't forget our friends at LEVO either, this is a joint effort to get something to stick!

Sorry, I have a very hard time believing this statement written by the Liberal Gun Club, and why were they chosen to be the carriers of the information? There are many more pro gun, and second amendment groups who remain without any information except what bill contains, who submitted it, and who drafted it. Disgusting that it was even submitted, or even accepted for consideration. I think LGC who I have never heard of until now, just might be adding to the confusion of the possibility to have some part, or separate more restrictive laws to sneak on through. I know that a Federal bill that started as Bill 66 has already been submitted that surpasses the Clinton's 1968 Assault Weapons Bill. This is a fight that firearms owners can't lower their guards for one second, or compromise anything. We know from history that that the camel has it's nose and head under the tent, once it gets it's body under, it's all over.

Watching a number of various pro gun groups and the only information is besides 501, a number of single standing bills to be watched also.

That's the ruse, kill the big scary bill and pass the tame ones. Don't fall for it, stay vigilant, oppose them all...

We knew a year ago "they" wanted to build a wall of gun control with CA, OR and WA. We knew this was coming, they have dumped a lot of money into wipping up a frenzy of stupidity. I know it's hard to fight stupid but ya gotta spread knowledge and pray.

That's the ruse, kill the big scary bill and pass the tame ones. Don't fall for it, stay vigilant, oppose them all...

We knew a year ago "they" wanted to build a wall of gun control with CA, OR and WA. We knew this was coming, they have dumped a lot of money into wipping up a frenzy of stupidity. I know it's hard to fight stupid but ya gotta spread knowledge and pray.

Right you are !!! Tuesday 2nd Amendment people are to meet with our county's Commissioners for another update for second amendment preservation ordinances up grading. Many of Oregon's countys have passed it, and many who have passed are upgrading from what I understand. Even if all arguments were in those wishing for complete control before confiscation were passed for some unGodly reason, they have no clue what the cost, man power, disruption of the court and prison system, and huge upheaval of crime (ie South Chicago) it would prove to be. You would never get the Genie back into the bottle for sure. Most law enforcement outside of city densities realize this, and are not for it. Sooner or later the State Sheriff's Association will have to step forward. City police are appointed so they go with with the flow. I understand Portland is thinking about police being unarmed. I'm sure that will work well. It will be interesting to watch Washington as their Sheriff's Association has declared they will not enforce recent passed laws.

SB501 is an Anti-Gun wish list and Red distraction flare. I am sure it will not pass because of all the negative press it has gotten. Even Democrat voting Fudds have finally woken up and started getting worried.

However, while we are all looking up at the sky and waiting for the SB501 flare to burnout, all the other Anti-gun bill are making a run for the finish line.

That sums it up well. SB501 was a bright shiny distracting lure that everyone was focusing on, but the remaining bills are cumulatively just as bad. If all or most of them were to pass your 2A rights will be as infringed nearly as much as SB501 would have done on its own. No mag limits or ammo restrictions, yet still the start of the Death By 1000 Cuts gun rights death dance.

Sorry, I have a very hard time believing this statement written by the Liberal Gun Club, and why were they chosen to be the carriers of the information? There are many more pro gun, and second amendment groups who remain without any information except what bill contains, who submitted it, and who drafted it. Disgusting that it was even submitted, or even accepted for consideration. I think LGC who I have never heard of until now, just might be adding to the confusion of the possibility to have some part, or separate more restrictive laws to sneak on through. I know that a Federal bill that started as Bill 66 has already been submitted that surpasses the Clinton's 1968 Assault Weapons Bill. This is a fight that firearms owners can't lower their guards for one second, or compromise anything. We know from history that that the camel has it's nose and head under the tent, once it gets it's body under, it's all over.

We were not "chosen" to be carriers. The LGC just happened to be there when it happened and then relayed the information Sen. Johnson told us. The LGC and it's members are strongly pro-2A and there is no daylight between the positions the club takes and what other pro-2A groups advocate for when it comes to our gun rights. You should see the reaction in our discussion forums when someone (rarely...usually a troll) tries to advocate for "reasonable" gun control: the pile-on can be impressive. We may, and do, disagree on many other issues but we are no less pro gun than any other organization. We are doing our thing on our own to fight these bills, as you are no doubt doing yours. That may be as far as our "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" temporary alliance, such as it is (or isn't), ever goes given our mutual distrust.

We can get in doors that you can't. We have identified persuadable Democrats (yes there are some, despite what you think) that are approachable by us but not by you. We will do our thing, you do yours, and let's aim for a victory we can all be satisfied with.

We were not "chosen" to be carriers. The LGC just happened to be there when it happened and then relayed the information Sen. Johnson told us. The LGC and it's members are strongly pro-2A and there is no daylight between the positions the club takes and what other pro-2A groups advocate for when it comes to our gun rights. You should see the reaction in our discussion forums when someone (rarely...usually a troll) tries to advocate for "reasonable" gun control: the pile-on can be impressive. We may, and do, disagree on many other issues but we are no less pro gun than any other organization. We are doing our thing on our own to fight these bills, as you are no doubt doing yours. That may be as far as our "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" temporary alliance, such as it is (or isn't), ever goes given our mutual distrust.

We can get in doors that you can't. We have identified persuadable Democrats (yes there are some, despite what you think) that are approachable by us but not by you. We will do our thing, you do yours, and let's aim for a victory we can all be satisfied with.

Good to know theres friends on the other side even if we don't see eye to eye on other subjects we are still very passionate about our god given right. You are right, enemy of my enemy. Thanks for the info and the work you are putting in.

Are there any organizations to maybe toss some coin at? We have the OOC and OFF/GOA but are there any from across the street we may want to aide?

Good to know theres friends on the other side even if we don't see eye to eye on other subjects we are still very passionate about our god given right. You are right, enemy of my enemy. Thanks for the info and the work you are putting in.

Are there any organizations to maybe toss some coin at? We have the OOC and OFF/GOA but are there any from across the street we may want to aide?

Thanks for asking. Blue Steel Democrats might be worth you checking out: they are *conservative* Democrats that strongly support the Second Amendment. They went dormant for a while but are back.

Blue Steel Democrats of Oregon

Thanks for asking. Blue Steel Democrats might be worth you checking out: they are *conservative* Democrats that strongly support the Second Amendment. They went dormant for a while but are back.

Blue Steel Democrats of Oregon

I hope they are coming back and doing a good amount of helping raise awareness to other "conservative" democrats (classic liberal I think?)....Anyways I hope both of us on either side can help stop the loons from grabbing. Relieved to hear that its not just one side taking it on but we both are after the same goal of SHALL NOT BE.

Right you are !!! Tuesday 2nd Amendment people are to meet with our county's Commissioners for another update for second amendment preservation ordinances up grading. Many of Oregon's countys have passed it, and many who have passed are upgrading from what I understand. Even if all arguments were in those wishing for complete control before confiscation were passed for some unGodly reason, they have no clue what the cost, man power, disruption of the court and prison system, and huge upheaval of crime (ie South Chicago) it would prove to be. You would never get the Genie back into the bottle for sure. Most law enforcement outside of city densities realize this, and are not for it. Sooner or later the State Sheriff's Association will have to step forward. City police are appointed so they go with with the flow. I understand Portland is thinking about police being unarmed. I'm sure that will work well. It will be interesting to watch Washington as their Sheriff's Association has declared they will not enforce recent passed laws.

Unarmed police in the biggest cesspool city in Oregon? Sounds like a suicide mission . How can someone be so stupid to come up with a idea like that .They just reduced sentencing for repeat offenders of theft ect from min 16 months to 13 . So we will be blessed with more theifs on the street. OREGON is now a bedroom community of California . .

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top