JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If only we had some hope north of the border.....

Seems like everything has so far made it out of committee............ though at last look it was a 4-3 margin... hopefully they dont make it to the floor.....

Nice to breathe easy for a few seconds, then realize that they are coming for you from another dozen angles... keep it up!

I heard on Lars today that some jackwagon is going to begin the petitions to eliminate semi autos ...... thats not a good sign. We know that politicians can be influenced, etc... but the general public will sell you out in a heartbeat.... especially in the 2020 election.

We had a group meeting with Betsy Johnson today. There was also a brief submitted to the JC by one of our members. I don't know how effective we were. 501 was low hanging fruit and wasn't expected to make it out of committee.
Thank you Jim, as well as the others.

I like and respect Betsy......wish I was in her district so I could vote for her.

We voted for her. Felt good. ;)

When we used to live in Sherwood we liked Kim Thatcher. If it died in judiciary it was likely with the help of her, another rep to be proud of for all those folks in Sherwood.

I'd like to see the specifics on what killed it. Might be helpful for the others.
I sent this email to Mike Reiley (Sr. Judiciary Committee Asst), we'll see if he responds:
"Mr. Reiley, can you update me on the status of SB 501? Rumors are that it will not leave committee. Can you confirm the current status? Was it voted on in committee, etc?"

I am going to tweet same questions at judiciary committee members today but they have been less than responsive to my emails and tweets so far.

That's a relief . That was insane it spread like measles on the net .
If only we had some hope north of the border.....

Seems like everything has so far made it out of committee............ though at last look it was a 4-3 margin... hopefully they dont make it to the floor.....

Nice to breathe easy for a few seconds, then realize that they are coming for you from another dozen angles... keep it up!

I heard on Lars today that some jackwagon is going to begin the petitions to eliminate semi autos ...... thats not a good sign. We know that politicians can be influenced, etc... but the general public will sell you out in a heartbeat.... especially in the 2020 election.

That is the same bunch that founded IP43 last year, They are at it again

I thought it was a different guy, not affiliated with the churches who is doing it...

Basically refilling ip43 for 2020
My understanding was the church groups (LEVO) were preparing IP43 type legislation that they wanted introduced in the Legislature. I think this IP 16 may be back up plan in case the Legislature doesn't pass the LEVO bill(s). Mr Wesson may or may not be doing this in coordination with the LEVO group.

I may be completely wrong about all this though.

I thought it was a different guy, not affiliated with the churches who is doing it...

Basically refilling ip43 for 2020

The

They change stuff around some and might have a different front man but the same people are behind it. There was 2 or 3 preachers on the news talking about it.

I suppose our course of action is the same regardless of who is pushing it.

Has anyone pursued the IRS tearing these groups blatantly using their churches for controversial political activity?

I suppose our course of action is the same regardless of who is pushing it.

Has anyone pursued the IRS tearing these groups blatantly using their churches for controversial political activity?
It looks like they church might be off the paperwork and 1 guy filed it no 16 now, with of coarse all the support of last year's players.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top