JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Perhaps some positive email contacts are in order for Betsy Johnson. Gratitude for listening to pro-Gun folks and for defending the Constitution.

What do y'all say...

I have done that in the past - you have to realize she must get a lot of pressure from her own party to cave in. I've also donated to her campaign fund in the past, and no I'm not a member of her party. I am thinking about holding my nose and registering as a "D" so I can try to influence their primaries.

I have done that in the past - you have to realize she must get a lot of pressure from her own party to cave in. I've also donated to her campaign fund in the past, and no I'm not a member of her party. I am thinking about holding my nose and registering as a "D" so I can try to influence their primaries.

I'm a registered Democrat not that it means anything. Primary votes matter a lot imo so would prefer to influence the "other side" as much as I can.

I'm a registered Democrat not that it means anything. Primary votes matter a lot imo so would prefer to influence the "other side" as much as I can.

I just did it... I feel so unclean... scalding hot shower with a wire brush and alcohol in my immediate future... :eek:

Better get washed up quick! If it seeps into your skin next thing ya no you got a pair of man capris on, your drink of choice becomes a decaf, sugar-free, vanilla latte made with soy milk. Then you start to sit to pee.... Slippery slope! Not good!:D

I'm not seeing a reference to it on their Facebook page. Can anyone post a link? Thanks.

Someone posted a link to THIS thread on the Good Guys With Guns Oregon FaceBook page Security Check Required yesterday.

Kevin Starrett commented below that post today and said "SB501 is not dead."

That FaceBook post has since been removed, either by the original poster or the Good Guys With Guns Oregon admin.

Kevin Starrett of the Oregon Firearms Federation just posted on a FaceBook forum that SB501 is not "dead".
Where does it stand then? After looking at that looney thing, it is unfunded, it puts enforcement onto State police and Sheriff's Deputies who are mostly already under staffed. This unlawful law would put any that attempt to enforce it at risk. There is nothing that indicates it would prevent any crime. But then what does the Clergy, and under aged student who may not own firearms, know about law? Parts of this law were attempted by Bill Clinton and found to not be effective after ten years. It was not renewed for that reason. It's time to stop using tax payer money for a wasteful do nothing bill, that increases the dangers of elimination of those tools of self protection. It should should not be allowed to be voted on without assessment as to the cost and effectiveness it may, or may not have, when similar bills had no effect in the past. Circumstances have not changed. In fact the unrest at the USA border, and lack of defense, makes it even more critical that the states and cities declaring Sanctuary status have self protection if needed. Police protection is only for citizens as a whole, and not me as an individual. This bill removes that 2nd Amendment right of self defense!

SB501 is an Anti-Gun wish list and Red distraction flare. I am sure it will not pass because of all the negative press it has gotten. Even Democrat voting Fudds have finally woken up and started getting worried.

However, while we are all looking up at the sky and waiting for the SB501 flare to burnout, all the other Anti-gun bill are making a run for the finish line.

Looking at those also. One thing certain, there is one hell of a bunch of illegals staging to just walk in. I suspect with limited resources south of us, there isn't anything to prevent the movement northward. I agree with their flawed systematic watch this while they push the other. Once again cost and man power to enforce anything isn't going to work well for them. It almost as stupid as Portland's police being unarmed, who will work for them? I think you have seen the trend in parts of Washington where Sheriffs have refused to enforce there laws already, and stated the same. You might inquire the Sheriff's Association, I think in Salem, and ask if they have an opinion? I know that many counties have passed a second amendment ordinance preservation that agree that it will not infringe on changes to lessen Constitutional rights. So even if they attempt to slide it in one at a time, it will be a battle. Feistein, Chucky, and our own Merkley are attempting the same on a Federal level naming each brand and model, and it too covers just about every semi auto firearm and any over 10 rounds. I can see how they are multimillionaires. Theft, gifts, graft, payola, not from toil for sure.

Have you ever listened to the Head church petitioner Knutzen? His monologues are full of lies.

It sounded like Common sense to kill the bill asap but we all know common sense does not apply in these situations and is not obtainable by those on the anti crew.
It sounded to quick to be true .

Guess the first statement I read on here was way too much common sense involved, and I treated it as fact bad me too. Guess I was hoping that it wouldn't come down to a civil war type situation. They say that even rats living in crowed conditions will turn on each other and display unusual behavior traits. If those density populated areas think the rest of the state will meekly followed unlawful laws passed by unthinking, uncaring, and selfish populism. I believe they are mistaken the rest of state will follow. Truer words from long ago, " When guns are outlawed, outlaws will have guns" What a nightmare this would create. Minimum sentence for almost all violations is a year. Humm. Are there really that many cells available? Are each county, city, and our state prepared to handle that many inmates? I read tonight, that Washington State Sheriff's Association is refusing to enforce that states recent similar passed firearms laws. Perhaps this approach should be used here in Oregon, that would have the strictest unenforceable law in the entire USA. This bill should have never been accepted in it's present form!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top