JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ignore their 🐂💩. Live your life as a free man.
Likely in another state as soon as feasible. It's more than just the gun control agenda that has turned Oregon into a rotting sewer. Crime, taxes, drugs, cost of living, pathetic state leadership, schools. Our city has broken ground on a new tiny home community (aka drug camp) less than a block between a school and public park. Reports of crime and drug paraphernalia have skyrocketed. Thanks to our inclusive drug policies, multiple meth labs have come to peaceful neighborhoods and subsequently caught fire or exploded in the last three months, blanketing neighbors in toxic fumes.

I am all for living as a free man, but we also need to consider that we are now behind enemy lines. For the good of our families, some of us have little choice but to get out.

So, if an upper on an AR is a separate receiver, can I permanently pin the front takedown pin in place? Like a peened rivet that cannot be removed. Would that count as only one receiver?

So, if an upper on an AR is a separate receiver, can I permanently pin the front takedown pin in place? Like a peened rivet that cannot be removed. Would that count as only one receiver?
See, here's the thing, I doubt they could enforce any of that hogwash, if you think about it ( And don't let them catch wind of this thread) there are a whole bunch of fully semi auto rifles out there with 2 Piece receivers, and each has already been CLEARLY defined as to which part requires the Serial Numbers, think H&K, FN/FAL, AK variants, and all that, so to specifically call out the AR design is bullsh!t to say the least, it shows how narrowly focused these arseclowns are on Banning Americans Rifle, and THAT wont fly in court, but these arseholes don't care, one more thing to tie us up in court fighting their infringements! FJB

I somehow don't think that they'll accept or even know what the h you talking about :rolleyes: lol
Thus the problem with morons, who know nothing about guns, creating and enforcing new gun laws. They are too stupid to learn any facts, but that won't stop them from enforcing their opinion, obscure it in vagaries, and felonize innocent people based on cosmetics.

Thus the problem with morons, who know nothing about guns, creating and enforcing new gun laws. They are too stupid to learn any facts, but that won't stop them from enforcing their opinion, obscure it in vagaries, and felonize innocent people based on cosmetics.
I long ago learned that gun laws are not about guns, primarily.

They're about getting politicians elected and re-elected. They invent a Problem, and then get to say 'Look! I'm doing something about a Problem! Elect me!'

The legislators clearly do not know anything about drugs or homeless, yet they keep passing laws somehow supposed to affect those Problems. Those are graft industries, and laws perpetuating the Problems bring in campaign donations from the industrial players.

Screwing gun owners is just a side benefit for most of the politicians.

I long ago learned that gun laws are not about guns, primarily.

They're about getting politicians elected and re-elected. They invent a Problem, and then get to say 'Look! I'm doing something about a Problem! Elect me!'

The legislators clearly do not know anything about drugs or homeless, yet they keep passing laws somehow supposed to affect those Problems. Those are graft industries, and laws perpetuating the Problems bring in campaign donations from the industrial players.

Screwing gun owners is just a side benefit for most of the politicians.
Criminals ensure that judges, jailers, and lawmakers stay employed.

See, here's the thing, I doubt they could enforce any of that hogwash, if you think about it ( And don't let them catch wind of this thread) there are a whole bunch of fully semi auto rifles out there with 2 Piece receivers, and each has already been CLEARLY defined as to which part requires the Serial Numbers, think H&K, FN/FAL, AK variants, and all that, so to specifically call out the AR design is bullsh!t to say the least, it shows how narrowly focused these arseclowns are on Banning Americans Rifle, and THAT wont fly in court, but these arseholes don't care, one more thing to tie us up in court fighting their infringements! FJB
It didn't specifically call out the AR upper as a receiver. What it did was use a copypasted definition without including the clarifications/exceptions the feds have. Either they didn't know what they were doing or knew exactly what they were doing, you be the judge. The "primary component designed to block or seal the breech" would seem to be the bolt and the upper of an AR can be interpreted as the piece that "provides housing or a structure" for the bolt so it would have become one of the parts de facto treated as a receiver by sellers/FFLs if the original text passed. However, the upper doesn't even touch the bolt, just the carrier. I still think one of the parts that the bolt locks into/fits in would have been more at risk. Even gas rings could fit this definition hilariously enough.

Attachments

• 2005.png
    2005.png
    26.2 KB · Views: 46
Waiting for the explanation how anything listed will stop violence, crime, killings.

Engraving, waiting periods, fingerprinting, ect hasn't stopped diddly squat to date. Seems like the places were crime is down and people aren't shooting each other should be the examples to follow. None of those places have these ridiculous gun laws being proposed.

Also, looking for those commonsense compromises I keep hearing about from the Left and Fuddy Duds. The seem rare as hens teeth.

It didn't specifically call out the AR upper as a receiver. What it did was use a copypasted definition without including the clarifications/exceptions the feds have. Either they didn't know what they were doing or knew exactly what they were doing, you be the judge. The "primary component designed to block or seal the breech" would seem to be the bolt and the upper of an AR can be interpreted as the piece that "provides housing or a structure" for the bolt so it would have become one of the parts de facto treated as a receiver by sellers/FFLs if the original text passed. However, the upper doesn't even touch the bolt, just the carrier. I still think one of the parts that the bolt locks into/fits in would have been more at risk. Even gas rings could fit this definition hilariously enough.
And Cali already stuck it's Dick in that one when they tried going after "Illegally Manufactured" Ghost Guns, finding out that there IS a great BIG phuckin difference in WHICH part of the gun gets the SN, I don't remember the case, but they made it go away REAL QUIETLY so the Gavster wouldn't loose his sh!t over it, finding out his gun control agenda was shot full of holes big enough to drive a Klinton through!

And Cali already stuck it's Dick in that one when they tried going after "Illegally Manufactured" Ghost Guns, finding out that there IS a great BIG phuckin difference in WHICH part of the gun gets the SN, I don't remember the case, but they made it go away REAL QUIETLY so the Gavster wouldn't loose his sh!t over it, finding out his gun control agenda was shot full of holes big enough to drive a Klinton through!
The Cali gun control case that went quietly was precisely because the Federal Gun Control Act specifically has this "firearm frame or receiver" as "that part of a firearm which provides housing for the hammer, bolt or breechblock, and firing mechanism, and which is usually threaded at its forward portion to receive the barrel." So it would seem that from the beginning ; the ATF have been wrong about what serialized part is needed and is why the proposed addendum includes the upper receiver.

Edit. Because of that definition, the lawyers for the Cali case dropped it, so that they wouldn't admit that practically no AR15 on the market met the definition of "frame or receiver" and thus would have meant that they were all legal as "unregistered" firearm parts :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top