JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have been looking for a 50 cal upper for a long time. Found one!

IMG_2770_zpstuqnjoep.jpg

IMG_2771_zpsyb1pjwwd.jpg

No, as you can see, there is an 80% magless lower under it. I still have to finish the trigger pocket. Plus I am having a hard time tracking down ammo. It is not 50BMG. It is 50DTC. What that means, the bullets and the primers are the same. But the brass, both the shoulder and the rim of the case has been moved down 1/10th of an inch. Some French guy came up with the round because they were not able to own 50BMG. So the upper came out of California and they have the same rule. Because 50BMG is a military round. In Cali a civilian can not own one. I can't even find any brass at the moment. I could start with 50BMG but how do you lower the shoulder on the case? Trimming the rim is nothing. Then I get to chase down dies.

No, as you can see, there is an 80% magless lower under it. I still have to finish the trigger pocket. Plus I am having a hard time tracking down ammo. It is not 50BMG. It is 50DTC. What that means, the bullets and the primers are the same. But the brass, both the shoulder and the rim of the case has been moved down 1/10th of an inch. Some French guy came up with the round because they were not able to own 50BMG. So the upper came out of California and they have the same rule. Because 50BMG is a military round. In Cali a civilian can not own one. I can't even find any brass at the moment. I could start with 50BMG but how do you lower the shoulder on the case? Trimming the rim is nothing. Then I get to chase down dies.

Can the chamber be reamed for 50BMG?

If it is possible to do, any competent gunsmith can do it! Line it up on the lathe and run the reamer on in. Only question will be if there is enough meat on the barrel to accommodate the removal of the necessary amount of material. If that were to be the case, I'd think that would be extremely odd! :) Good luck!

Hell, I never thought of that. I don't see why not. But who and where?
I would contact these guys in Colville, WA:

Pistol, Shotgun, Rifle & Revolver Repair in Washington | Arden Gun

I think they are the successor to Delta Gun Shop/Clearwater Reboring in Colville, whose owner died unexpectedly in June 2015. If that's true they have the equipment and expertise to re-chamber your rifle or even make you a new barrel in .50 BMG. They do offer such services on their website.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top