JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Here's my new Savage 24V I just scored,, .243/12 gauge tang selector, Paid WAY to much, but had to have it!
View attachment 1787759
The 12 ga with high power rifle (.308, .30-06, .243) are rare.

That one doesn't appear to be a Valmet, but for a while Valmet did make some combos for Savage - without the ability to swap barrels. For a while I wanted a Valmet switch barrel combo - but they are expensive. Maybe someday I will trip over one of these for a reasonable price while I have the $ to spend.

The Chiappa Double Badger is a similar concept and looks a lot nicer than the Savage 42. I have the 22lr/20 ga Double Badger, shoots OK. I do wish it had a single trigger and external hammer though.
I had it in my head they stopped making those. Guess I am wrong.

Looks like they .243/.410 model but no MSRP listed. The others are over $500 for a .22lr model.

I can't believe I came across this blog! I have the 24. It was give to me as my first gun by my grandfather in the late 70's, .22 over 410 and the selector is on the hammer. It did not have a site on the barrel so he made one and he also did some adjustments on the trigger for me. He was a master at guns. He even loaded me buckshot for that thing. I killed so many squirrels with that thing and rabbits too. My father was furious because he believed girls had no business shooting guns, but what my father didn't know was that 24 was nothing. I had been shooting my grandfather's Colt 1911 for 2 years before I ever got that 24. I still have those first's in our gun safe. Mine was a great gun. I can't wait to see my grand-daughter with it.

I have a 22/410 and a 222/20. 22/410 sits loaded in the front of the safe and the 222 has went missing as of late lol. With that caliber being somewhat pricey to shoot when you can find it I've let it get lost into the safe somewhere

I have a 22/410 and a 222/20. 22/410 sits loaded in the front of the safe and the 222 has went missing as of late lol. With that caliber being somewhat pricey to shoot when you can find it I've let it get lost into the safe somewhere
I don't know if you're a reloader, but Starline has .222 Rem brass in stock on their website. I just received 250 cases a week ago.

For years, my ONLY .222 was the Model 24. Of late, I seem to bump into them and now have a few. I got PPU brass not long ago without much trouble, and Starline really is picking up the ball and running with it on "weird stuff" like this.

I have that problem from time to time - I went looking for my Win '92 and after searching a lot, I found it buried under multiple handguns (in their cases) in its original box. I took it out, wiped it down with Ballistol, put it in a VCI bag, taped that up and then put it back in its box - not I am going to find which of my hard cases that will fit into.

A friend has one that's not a Savage. Baikal, maybe?
He figures it's a good "get home" gun.
Decent woods gun too. Not much game you can't get with it. Get you a Lee 12ga loader kit and a .308 loader kit and you can reload in the field too.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews