JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Ron Paul or Obama. It's just that simple. the rest of the GOP pack makes my stomach churn. They are all WORSE than Obama.

If you think I'd ever vote for a guy who thinks birth control should be illegal and Griswold V CT. was a bad decision, you're smoking crack. I'd vote for Jimmy Carter before I'd vote for that douche.

I've almost posted in this thread.. I keep biting my tongue (figure of speech) and not...

So to compromise, all I'm gonna say is this:

I'll vote for this guy

Bubbles-705607.jpg

before I vote Santorum.

Don't give up the fight and settle because the media tells you Ron Paul doesn't stand a chance.
Dr. Paul has a plan.

Ron Paul R3VOLution!

<broken link removed>

PP, the alternative is to vote for your guy who IS against everything that would be in my best interests. Not gonna happen.

In before the lock.
Please elaborate how Obama is against your best interests in anyway more than any other established politician. Plus, what you said is you would vote for anyone put forth to run against Obama. That indicates you would blindly ignore their positions as long as they were in opposition to Obama.

Please elaborate how Obama is against your best interests in anyway more than any other established politician.

Another version of "they all do it" defence? No, they don't. I've never seen any other President arm drug smuggling cartels for the now admitted purpose of passing gun control legislation. Nor have I seen any administration refuse to pass a budget for almost three years running. Never seen an administration funnel money through the backdoor to voter fraud groups like ACORN. I've never seen an administration in my lifetime that refuses to prosecute crimes based on the race of the perp.

Plus, what you said is you would vote for anyone put forth to run against Obama.
Yup.

That indicates you would blindly ignore their positions as long as they were in opposition to Obama.
Only because the GOP politician will all have to promise to keep the size of government and the spending down. If the nominee is anyone other than Ron Paul then this statement will be a lie but at least we will hold him to account like we did Bush Sr when he said "read my lips, no new taxes." I helped to vote him out. That's the difference between the parties. The GOP lies about wanting smaller government but the Dems say right up front that bigger, more powerful government and fewer liberties is what they want. Bill Clinton was an exception, right now I'd gladly put him back in and give him all the fat girls he wants, he spent way less than the two clowns that followed him.

We probably agree on social issues but in 6-8 years the debt will double. It's at 100% of GDP now. Do you think anyone in Greece is worrying about abortion, religious rights etc when the whole place is crumbling around them? Our government has over-promised and they cannot pay, it will get ugly. It took this country 200 years to get the debt up to a trillion, now we go 1.3 trillion further in debt every year. Unsustainable. Pretty soon the interest alone will eat up all the non-entitlement revenues, all of it, no money for abortions, military, schools, hospitals, libraries, nuthin.

This election I'm basically a two issue voter. Government power and spending. I hope the GOP nominates Ron Paul so I can vote for him in the general but either way I'll vote for Anybody But Obama.

How was the popcorn Garg?

Another version of "they all do it" defence? No, they don't. I've never seen any other President arm drug smuggling cartels for the now admitted purpose of passing gun control legislation. Nor have I seen any administration refuse to pass a budget for almost three years running. Never seen an administration funnel money through the backdoor to voter fraud groups like ACORN. I've never seen an administration in my lifetime that refuses to prosecute crimes based on the race of the perp.
Oh, so you cannot differentiate between the actions of the President and that of a republican controlled house. Plus, how did Obama funnel any money anywhere? How much money did the previous administration funnel into corporations like Enron that robbed hundreds of millions from their employees? How does the prosecution rates differ under Obama than any other president? Do they? or do you just like to listen to bloated corporate mouthpieces without verifying anything they say? Was it Obama that crafted the Patriot Act? Was it Obama that shielded corrupt wallsteet bankers after it was found they were illegally manipulating the markets? Was it Obama that shielded corrupt energy big wigs after it was found they were illegally manipulating energy costs? Let me guess, you also believe it was Obama that crafted the market bailout.
Only because the GOP politician will all have to promise to keep the size of government and the spending down. If the nominee is anyone other than Ron Paul then this statement will be a lie but at least we will hold him to account like we did Bush Sr when he said "read my lips, no new taxes." I helped to vote him out. That's the difference between the parties. The GOP lies about wanting smaller government but the Dems say right up front that bigger, more powerful government and fewer liberties is what they want. Bill Clinton was an exception, right now I'd gladly put him back in and give him all the fat girls he wants, he spent way less than the two clowns that followed him.
So you admit you will vote for someone even if you know they are lying to you as long as they are on the right team? That very statement shows how broken the thought process is of so many voters. You are the prime example of a lamb being led to slaughter.

Plus, the right does not want smaller government. They just want the power shifted from a government of civilians to a government of corporate control. You would serve yourself well to learn the difference. Someone will still be making the rules. The only difference is the power will shift to the ones with the money and the interests of their investors in mind instead of the welfare of the people.

This election I'm basically a two issue voter. Government power and spending. I hope the GOP nominates Ron Paul so I can vote for him in the general but either way I'll vote for Anybody But Obama.
The power of government is the power of the people. You seem to have let yourself be poisoned by rich people telling you all the middle class and poor people having too much power through a government of the people is somehow a bad thing.

The Cost of Obama

Presidents%20Avg%20Deficits%20v.3.img_assist_custom-640x480.jpg

According to the White House’s own figures (see table S-1 here for 2011 to 2013, and table S-1 here for 2010), the actual or projected deficit tallies for the four years in which Obama has submitted budgets are as follows: $1.293 trillion in 2010, $1.300 trillion in 2011, $1.327 trillion in 2012, and $901 billion in 2013. In addition, Obama is responsible for the estimated $200 billion (the Congressional Budget Office’s figure) that his economic “stimulus” added to the deficit in 2009. Moreover, he shouldn’t get credit for the $149 billion in TARP (Troubled Asset Relief Program) repayments made in 2010 and 2011 to cover most of the $154 billion in bank loans that remained unpaid at the end of the 2009 fiscal year — loans that count against President Bush’s 2009 deficit tally.

Adding all of this up, deficit spending during Obama’s four years in the White House (based on his own figures) will be an estimated $5.170 trillion — or $5,170,000,000,000.00.

To help put that colossal sum of money into perspective, if you take our deficit spending under Obama and divide it evenly among the roughly 300 million American citizens, that works out to just over $17,000 per person — or about $70,000 for a family of four.

Why anyone would vote for this guy AGAIN is beyond me.

Why anyone would vote for this guy AGAIN is beyond me.
Hmmmm...maybe because they don't let simple graphics delude them. They take into account where the spending is coming from...like programs put in place because of the economic collapse under the previous administration by the previous administration. They also take into account the fact that the income of the nation is at a low because of the collapse also which make it look like actual spending his increased dramatically...which it hasn't. Believe it or not, some people can actually think without being told what those thoughts should be.

I think Ron Paul would be the only one to stand a chance against Obama. Romney, Santorum, Newt . . . they all represent the boring old corrupt business as usual GOP.

Ron Paul would actually stand to attract a significant number of disgruntled Democrat voters that realize that Obama is not the hope or change he said he would be. These people voted for Obama because McCain was such an obvious old school flake.

If Ron Paul had the GOP nomination the GOP white hairs and Obama haters would vote for him because he "isn't Obama" and a lot of the middle class would vote for him because he is new and really would promote change.

I don't like Obama or the Democrats but I think the established Republicans aren't much better.

The power of government is the power of the people. You seem to have let yourself be poisoned by rich people telling you all the middle class and poor people having too much power through a government of the people is somehow a bad thing.

Says it all.

Luv ya PP. I am not your enemy. I wish to keep yours and my freedoms intact and have a functioning economy instead of a burning wasteland. I'll vote my way, you can cancel me out. Have a nice day.

your still blaming bush wow what a dip sh*t you really should pay a little closer attention to whats going on in the world
I am pointing out that some people want to pretend Obama started these expensive wars, that Obama caused the housing crisis, that Obama started the Wallstreet bailout, that Obama had the sharpest rise in unemployment under his watch. These things are ALL FALSE. Maybe you should open your eyes and realize the republicans do as much if not more damage to the economy (with there failed deregulation plans) as the dems do. You would never admit that though because you like blaming Obama instead of paying attention yourself.

I voted for Obama and he has been the best President the Republican Party could have hoped for.
Instead of Universal Healthcare we have the Health Insurance Industry Profit Protection Act.
We have an extension of the Bush Tax Cuts.
We have NDAA.
The First, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Fourteenth and maybe the Eighth amendments have been eviscerated.

The one thing Obama hasn't done is attempt to curtail our gun rights. In fact, under Obama, the supremes have extended gun rights to places they have not been in a long time.

I am pointing out that some people want to pretend Obama started these expensive wars, that Obama caused the housing crisis, that Obama started the Wallstreet bailout, that Obama had the sharpest rise in unemployment under his watch. These things are ALL FALSE. Maybe you should open your eyes and realize the republicans do as much if not more damage to the economy (with there failed deregulation plans) as the dems do. You would never admit that though because you like blaming Obama instead of paying attention yourself.

Yeah, and Congress had nothing to do with it, right? :nuts:

Maybe you should take the time to learn about the different branches of government and the roles they play before you start laying blame for our economic troubles. Just say'n.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads