JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As you wish.

We all know what both your word and your words are worth, now, and I will always be the one who pointed those values out.

Unless you pull next to the first highway patrolman you see after going a mile or two over the speed limit - regardless of whether or not they caught you speeding - you'll probably want to ditch the holier-than-thou attitude, Zippy. Otherwise you're being selective in your morality, which makes you a much larger hypocrite.

Every time I shoot at Kenmore (rifle only - do you drill defensive rifle for some sort of Red Dawn invasion?) I am seated near or observed by the range master prepping my rifles, loading them, and firing them. If they felt that my one shot-per-two-or-three-seconds was an egregious violation of their rule they would stop me. Kinda hard to be sneaky shooting a firearm, and I'm not so silly to think because they're suppressed means no one can hear them. Or - just maybe - they've decided I'm observing the spirit of no rapid fire which is what they're trying to discourage.

I guess unless you're the rangemaster there, you're just guessing. Either way, still very happy you choose not to shoot there.

Unless you pull next to the first highway patrolman you see after going a mile or two over the speed limit - regardless of whether or not they caught you speeding - you'll probably want to ditch the holier-than-thou attitude, Zippy. Otherwise you're being selective in your morality, which makes you a much larger hypocrite.

Every time I shoot at Kenmore (rifle only - do you drill defensive rifle for some sort of Red Dawn invasion?) I am seated near or observed by the range master prepping my rifles, loading them, and firing them. If they felt that my one shot-per-two-or-three-seconds was an egregious violation of their rule they would stop me. Kinda hard to be sneaky shooting a firearm, and I'm not so silly to think because they're suppressed means no one can hear them. Or - just maybe - they've decided I'm observing the spirit of no rapid fire which is what they're trying to discourage.

I guess unless you're the rangemaster there, you're just guessing. Either way, still very happy you choose not to shoot there.

I just think that they are no5 paying attention. That is also why I think the long times i between cease fire. If you can get away with it and like going there, then my opinion on that really does matter. I still will not go there. My 2 visits left a very bad test my my mouth - most of it due to the very long wait before I was able to setup my targets....and quite frankly the guys who run the place struck me as complete jerks.

I just think that they are no5 paying attention. That is also why I think the long times i between cease fire. If you can get away with it and like going there, then my opinion on that really does matter. I still will not go there. My 2 visits left a very bad test my my mouth - most of it due to the very long wait before I was able to setup my targets....and quite frankly the guys who run the place struck me as complete jerks.

Grunwald, if I'd had your experiences there I'd be sour to it too. Hard to call it an aberration if it happens multiple times. I would encourage you to call them or email them with your concerns - even if you never go back or hear back, giving them that feedback might help the experience of the next guy.

Your lack of attendance there is the kindest thanks you could give me. :s0155:

I can't say that his non-presence will be missed here either. It's funny how this Range has existed and thrived to become one of the oldest of it's kind in the Country. Thousands of members and a huge number of "Day Users" seem to think the Range operation and rules are just fine for them. For those that don't like it, it's just more room for those that do.

Now how about getting back on topic: Sam's Gun Club.

Does the Boeing Gun Club still shoot there?

Yes, the Boeing Employees Everett Gun Club still uses the facility at Sam's Gun Shop. We will continue to use it under the current ownership. When that ownership changes, we'll have to see what happens. We have meetings, classes and events scheduled until we get further notice.

It's been nice that Betty has kept the business going during the years after her husband passed away. I believe the lack of guns for sale is probably attributed to putting records in order for the ATF as part of the sale process. I haven't heard any news as to potential buyers as the only one in that loop seems to be Betty and she is keep that info to herself. The range is still open and there is a new younger rangemaster who seems to be more customer friendly in addition one of the nice ones that everyone enjoyed. The store inventory is low and I don't envision much restocking taking place under the current circumstances.

I just got home from Sam's. I went for the range, not the shop. The big news is Tom (cranky old bubblegum) was fired. I got this right from the very nice guy, Manny, working the counter. It's like a cloud has been lifted. The range itself was in fine working order. I shot on lane 12, the one closest to center. There was only a guy and his daughter on the other end when I arrived. After about 20 minutes, all of the lanes were occupied. It did get a bit hazy in there a couple of times. Other than that, it was all good.

It was also my first time out with my new M&P357. It ran flawlessly. Then I switched in a .40 S&W barrel and started getting FTF on the last round. Different mags produced the same results. 3 or 4 times. Hopefully it's just new gun break-in blues. I gotta say, I really like that 357SIG. Not nearly as snappy as I thought it would be. Yee haw!

In conclusion, if you've been avoiding Sam's because of Tom, get on in there!

Tom must be the guy who would only reluctantly give me a five-bull target for pistol shooting, apparently doubting that anyone (well, me, anyway) could shoot a handgun well enough to actually keep rounds intended for one of the bulls from hitting any of the others.

Tom must be the guy who would only reluctantly give me a five-bull target for pistol shooting, apparently doubting that anyone (well, me, anyway) could shoot a handgun well enough to actually keep rounds intended for one of the bulls from hitting any of the others.

Tom was the guy who always behaved like he had a pine cone stuck in his ****. He had an attitude made it easier to just walk away from him rather than put up with his crap.

Howard was also a little "gruff" but not nearly as big a horses rectum.

Good to hear that Sam's is back on track. Are they running all three shooting bays or just the first two to the left of the Range Counter? The far right bay used to be blocked off for action shooting by LEO's and was always empty.

3rd bay - LE bay is still reserved for LE only. Tom quit on his on not fired as stated previously.

Regardless, the best thing to happen to the Range and it's reputation is the fact he's plain GONE!

Just for grins, if anyone runs in to him, ask him who shot the hole in the locker at EPD years ago? Likewise the tree just before a match?

Hell ya.. Tom was an a** most of the time. Glad he's gone. It would seem strange that he was fired since he's been the same way for so many number of years.

Do they still have the rule of needing membership to shoot high caliber rifles? I had a membership but let it lapse due to this unknown future of staying open for another year.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top