JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I guess it's a location thing. My luck at most pawn shops is good. Far better than most gun stores. Being close to a military base always makes for an excessive amount of guns and knives. This may be trending down in the last 10 years.
Being in an area with tons of "sportsmen" , lower property values, and wildly variable income depending on the time of year makes deals " seasonal " in nature .

Being in an area with tons of "sportsmen" , lower property values, and wildly variable income depending on the time of year makes deals " seasonal " in nature .
When I was a kid, my best friend's dad was a logger. He made good money when he was working, unemployment and food stamps when he wasn't.

I remember it confused me when my friend would talk about "the pawn shop". I didn't understand what that was, but they were regulars. Sometimes they would have nice stuff (new hunting rifles, nice bikes, motorcycles, etc); other times that nice stuff was "at the pawn shop". I never understand living that way.

When I was a kid, my best friend's dad was a logger. He made good money when he was working, unemployment and food stamps when he wasn't.

I remember it confused me when my friend would talk about "the pawn shop". I didn't understand what that was, but they were regulars. Sometimes they would have nice stuff (new hunting rifles, nice bikes, motorcycles, etc); other times that nice stuff was "at the pawn shop". I never understand living that way.
Easy come, easy go.
That's the best way I know to explain it

I have come to face it....... the deals that use to be....... are probably no longer happening.

Yup.....I can remember the days when I could buy a used rifle at the pawn shop or gunshow....and walk out with it after the standard FFL paperwork.

But nowadays.....
It's show me the proof that you're competent enough (speaking of semi autos I-1639).
Fill out paper work.
Pay the high fees. Which can be a deal breaker in itself.
WAIT, Wait and wait some more. Who knows how long that could be.
And then, after you get the approval. You gotta travel back to that store to pick it up.

Not to mention, the extra new restrictions. Yeah, including......the Govt telling me how I need to store my firearm once I get it home.

I use to buy firearms on "impulse." But, I must be SICK IN THE HEAD. Afterall, I've been told......that "Gunowners are KILLERS, just waiting to explode from the slightest provocation."

What if, gun owners were declared to be......a new protected class?

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
About 1/2 of the used firearms they have you can buy new for $10-20 more and they have not been bubba customized. The other used stuff they wont let you look at it because it is on "GB" so they don't care about the locals . The deals are long gone the interwebs has given us the dirty rotten !

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top