JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I called them like 3 weeks ago. Still pending on the sale. Other than that, I think the range is still open. Bet this sale is hurting Betty Brown (I think that's the current owners) a bit since they didn't seem like they were stocking anything hence probably making less sales.

I called them like 3 weeks ago. Still pending on the sale. Other than that, I think the range is still open. Bet this sale is hurting Betty Brown (I think that's the current owners) a bit since they didn't seem like they were stocking anything hence probably making less sales.

They quit stocking their store about 3 years ago.

I went there 4/18 and the store was almost cleaned out. They had one shelf with some cleaning products on it and a few firearms for sale. The range is also still open.

I went there 4/18 and the store was almost cleaned out. They had one shelf with some cleaning products on it and a few firearms for sale. The range is also still open.

The sign of a "Dead Business". If one wants to buy a Gun Shop with Range, just wait for the "Auction". Locate the property owner in the tax records and if different than the current shop owner, make arrangements to pick up the lease when it expires.

Seems like they're dead, or at least about to be pulled off the ventilator. Decided to call them out of curiosity and asked about their inventory on S&W. The response, "We don't have any, and the shop guys don't come back in until Monday. I'm the range guy and we're still open every day.

Dead. On. Arrival.

Seems like they're dead, or at least about to be pulled off the ventilator. Decided to call them out of curiosity and asked about their inventory on S&W. The response, "We don't have any, and the shop guys don't come back in until Monday. I'm the range guy and we're still open every day.

Dead. On. Arrival.

The Range IS their life support system. I would strongly advise that nobody buy any "Membership" until they figure out if they're staying in business or shuttering the place.

With the lack of activity there they're probably cutting back on maintenance of the range ventilator system as well. They may well not pass their next State Inspection. Same thing happened to the original owners at the Arlington Range, now Norpoint.

The Range IS their life support system. I would strongly advise that nobody buy any "Membership" until they figure out if they're staying in business or shuttering the place.

With the lack of activity there they're probably cutting back on maintenance of the range ventilator system as well. They may well not pass their next State Inspection. Same thing happened to the original owners at the Arlington Range, now Norpoint.

They have already suspended renewing memberships and are not accepting new membership until the business is sold.

Now that the weather is more agreeable I prefer to go to Kenmore anyhow. It's a little further from the house but not by much, plus I've always been treated with courtesy there. That or if I'm in a mood to drive I'll head up to the Plantation - really liked those folks.

Now that the weather is more agreeable I prefer to go to Kenmore anyhow. It's a little further from the house but not by much, plus I've always been treated with courtesy there. That or if I'm in a mood to drive I'll head up to the Plantation - really liked those folks.

I typically go to Kenmore also, only had one issue where someone gave my friend hell for shooting an SKS. Accused him of using steel core ammunition and told him to leave.

I typically go to Kenmore also, only had one issue where someone gave my friend hell for shooting an SKS. Accused him of using steel core ammunition and told him to leave.

I heard they are pretty much range nazi's when it comes to semi autos w/ high capacity magazine capabilities. One bullet per mag to me a is ridiculous, but it's their range, and their rules.
Heard their shotgun range is pretty nice. One of these days I'm going to head over there to try out.

I heard they are pretty much range nazi's when it comes to semi autos w/ high capacity magazine capabilities. One bullet per mag to me a is ridiculous, but it's their range, and their rules.
Heard their shotgun range is pretty nice. One of these days I'm going to head over there to try out.

If you don't shoot stupid, they don't hassle you. I always load up a magazine and I pace my shots at a nice shot per two or three seconds, maybe longer. As long as you're respectful and not acting like a hillbilly on moonshine, they're great.

I heard they are pretty much range nazi's when it comes to semi autos w/ high capacity magazine capabilities.

With good reason. There's so much residential development around the range every caution possible is taken to make sure that not only does a bullet not leave the range but that it isn't viewed as a "para-military", "Militia training facility", or club for "gun nuts".

In order to be a "good neighbor" the range has chosen to restrict Semi auto rifle loading to one round at a time. It's not only to keep the range from sounding like a constant "firefight" but also for safety. The range can't control the condition or reliability of the shooters firearms. It's not unusual for an AR-15 that's been "reworked by a friend" to every once in a while, double/triple fire, but to empty an entire mag due to a failure in the fire control mechanism. When it's unexpected it can be disastrous.

Yes, they're "Range Nazi"s but it's for a good reason. To preserve the shooting space against the pressure to close it and turn it into another housing development.

I'm a member there and I'd like to see it open for many more years to come.

BTW, it's not just "Public Shooters" they come down on, Members also are punished for rule violations. Usually they loose their "Badge" and have to shoot just like a public shooter, fee and all. No access to special Member Only hours or Member Only Ranges (300 yard Rifle).

With good reason. There's so much residential development around the range every caution possible is taken to make sure that not only does a bullet not leave the range but that it isn't viewed as a "para-military", "Militia training facility", or club for "gun nuts".

Why doesn't Wade's, near the center of Bellevue, and in far denser development, have the same problem?

Answer: because it's a paranoid response to a problem that doesn't exist.

Kenmore is a gun range. Attempts to appear as something else are bound to failure. Both Wade's and Kenmore appear to the public as gun ranges, because that's what they are.

But Wade's doesn't appear to be wrapped in imaginary fantasy gauze.

Why doesn't Wade's, near the center of Bellevue, and in far denser development, have the same problem?

Answer: because it's a paranoid response to a problem that doesn't exist.

Kenmore is a gun range. Attempts to appear as something else are bound to failure. Both Wade's and Kenmore appear to the public as gun ranges, because that's what they are.

But Wade's doesn't appear to be wrapped in imaginary fantasy gauze.

You really can't compare a outdoor range to a indoor one..

You really can't compare a outdoor range to a indoor one..

Everybody does, every day.

Nobody in the "public" that deadshot is so concerned about will draw that distinction.

Kenmore has outdated, foolish rules that accomplish nothing other than appealing to a certain mindset.

I'd be an enthusiastic member there (the physical facilities are reasonable, given their age) but the rules discourage all types of shooters except those Kenmore caters to: shotgun and NRA target shooters.

Defensive shooters, in particular, will be extremely disappointed at Kenmore. Reloaders and casters will be moderately disappointed. I don't know about hunters, I don't hunt.

They prohibit holster work and defensive drills. (Double taps, which yes, are done fast enough to scare them. And you, apparently.)

By prohibiting "rapid fire", (their term) they've also prevented multiple target (dot) drills.

The bottom line is that defensive pistol shooters don't go to Kenmore. Because that is, apparently, the way Kenmore wants it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top