JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Guess this is like asking where your favorite fishing spot is but which pawn shops carry alot of firearms at good prices?
If you want good deals on used guns developing a relationship with a Local Gun Store will get you much farther.
Saying from experience here. I'm a regular at my LGS and they will give me a deal if I ask about a used firearm, even the consignment ones.

If you want good deals on used guns developing a relationship with a Local Gun Store will get you much farther.
Saying from experience here. I'm a regular at my LGS and they will give me a deal if I ask about a used firearm, even the consignment ones.

Thanks but not what was asked. Already have a good relationship with a LGS.

Looking for places to cruise on days off.

I'll third that. All I've ever seen at pawn shops are overpriced. It seems they tend to cater to a little different demographic, buyers who aren't as up on real world prices so much as the average local gun shop customer.

That's not to say they're all that way; that's just been my experience.

I would say there is no Pawn shop that generally gives good deals on guns as a matter of course. That being said, if you know what you are looking at you can find the occasional deal.

I would say there is no Pawn shop that generally gives good deals on guns as a matter of course. That being said, if you know what you are looking at you can find the occasional deal.
This is true. Come to think of it, my one and only pawn shop firearms purchase is also one of my favorite rifles.

20 years ago next month I was in a pawn shop out of town, the weekend that I proposed to my wife (that's how I remember exactly when it was). The was an ugly, forlorn looking old Remington 700. The barrel was a rusted out sewer pipe, and the stock was scratched up and poorly refinished/painted. Nobody else wanted it. I offered them $150 and they took it. I wanted it for the action, of course, and it looks much different now. :)

My vote is that gun deals are possible in ALL pawn and gun shops. It's difficult for the average shop owner or worker to have accurate pricing on everything ALL the time. I've went to "overpriced" shops only to find a crazy good deal. Just my experience!

That's true too. I don't buy guns very often, and almost never sell one, but sometimes I come across something too good to pass up.

We have a pretty good LGS here and I stopped in a while back just to see if they had anything interesting in. They happened to have a nice vintage S&W Model 19 that just came in that day. I didn't bother negotiating price, but I might have injured my shoulder reaching for my wallet so fast.

I won't even say what I paid; all you revolver guys would be jealous. :)

I always hit the pawn shops when out making the gun store loop. Got some great deals at several from Albany to Portland. Sometimes they don't know what they have and sometimes they need to move something they've had for awhile.

I never expect to find a good deal, prices are always high. It's more about the treasure hunt and the chance to find a deal.

They are all about the mark up. If you think you get a good deal, it's probably been sitting a while or has other issues. Bona-fide gun shops on the other hand, are usually motivated to get and keep repeat GUN customers.
You have a pretty consistent opinion being offered to you here.

If you are set on a pawn joint, one is about as mediocre as the next.
Who knows, maybe you can get a combo deal on a gun and a weed eater.
Or you could really get a wiz bang deal at the Gun Room. (Just read their reviews here on the forum first).

Take look.....

I'm not from Portland, though I do like some Portland area Pawn Shops and will drop in if I happen to be near them.

Hint : Milwaukie on the way to NW Firearms (from I-205).....plenty of Pawn Shops just look on both sides of the road.
Hillsborough Pawn (I believe they have 2 stores).
Money Market Pawn off of Powell is a good place to drop in.
And..... A Cut Above Pawn (though I hear they might have moved) in Aloha, OR is also good too.

Then.......surplus. Sgt Gators for surplus (no guns) and the other one on Grand Ave. (sorry, I forgot the name).

Actually, there was a time when I frequently went Pawn Shop hunting with my son. Also traveling/road trips to gun shows across WA and OR. It was a fun weekend activity to do with him. But IMHO.....don't limit yourself to Portland.

Aloha, Mark

PS......or come across the river to Vancouver, WA and checkout some shops too. Don't limit yourself.

Last Edited:
I am a pawn shop/gun store rat. I have been in several Pawn shops that are selling new guns at higher prices than I will pay. They tack on too much IMO. But it is what it is, i guess.

The whole point is to look for "softly used" guns. I'm really not looking for a 'project' piece. Just trolling for fun

I go to pawn shops often. As @aksu747 said, build relationships. If you come in demanding they lower prices they'll tell you to pound sand.
If you go in often enough and buy little things here and there, they will make better deals with you as they know you'll spend money if the price is right.

Of course with anything at pawn shops YOU have to know the value of the item and inspect it though. I would not buy firearms at a pawn shop if I was a new shooter.

Sometimes they'll haggle sometimes they will not. If an item is new and they are into it at a certain pricepoint the price does not budge. As others have mentioned if they are trying to clear onventory or if an item has been there for a while they are willing to haggle.

The biggest thing is, be respectful and go often. Pawn shop inventory can be amazing or bland.. so its best to frequent them often. New shops take time to develop that relationship. I dont think there is any that are "good deal" spots right out of the gate. Most good deals are derived from frequency at said shops. Inventory also fluctuates so sometimes things are good, other times not so much.

Last Edited:
I have picked up a few deals at Pawn shops. Normally it is something that has been sitting for a while. I all depends upon the shop as to what a while is. Had one shop I used to frequent. Bought little things here and there from them. Owner had one rifle on the rack it took me 5 years to talk him down to a good price on. He thought he had a more rare variant than he had. Persistence can pay off.

A working relationship with pawn and gun shops benefits you. You may or may not find a deal, but you also may also be notified of a gun available that may take years to come across your radar otherwise.
I have found values at both, and have also found the ones I deal with to be negotiable within reason.
To me, if I walk into a shop and the prices are unreasonable just looking at the used rack, I leave and seldom, if ever, return. This goes for gun and pawn shops.

In order to "get a good deal" on a firearm at a pawn shop (or for that matter, anywhere), you must have current knowledge as to what folks are paying today for the same firearm. It's like that with most things. I never thought that I would ever pay the amount that I have recently paid for a new (to me) pickup and car. But, if I sat around and fussed and hoped that a great deal would drop into my lap, I probably wouldn't have the pickup and car that I have. Everything just plain costs more under the idiot in the WH. Let your education begin by finding the types of firearms that you are looking for on this forum (there are others too) and ask questions. I recently asked about pricing my Model 94 Winchester and was stunned to find out the range of prices. Pawn shops prey on ignorance and the silly "Blue book" prices. They are in business to make as much profit as possible. Don't let them make it all on your purchase. Don't be afraid to haggle with anyone! Have you ever been to Tijuana?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top