JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

All Sam had to say was: "I believe IP43 does not comply with the Oregon Constitution Article 1, Section 27 requirement that the people have a right to the arms necessary to defend themselves and the State, and that IP43 denies that right, so I would direct the OSP to not enforce IP43 until both the Oregon Supreme Court and the Supreme Court of the US determines IP43 is constitutional." But he didn't say that.

While it is not possible to know what Buehler and Wooldridge were thinking, it is possible they were thinking: "I will not enforce the law; that's the job of the OSP".

The civil discourse in this thread is awesome! Presenting different perspectives without tangents, rants, or ad hominem, is the character of a good discussion.

Have you heard about the NY Ranger school? ... They train people to be extreme ecologists... the kind that lock the forest up and don't want anyone cooking spotted owls. The logging industry in Oregon is nearly dead because of these people and the revenues from logging into the general fund and the O&R fund is nearly nil. No wonder our property taxes have nearly doubled, fees for everything from fishing to parking your car are leaving us all the poorer because of people like this. I bet they are so busy lounging in Sunriver and the lodge at Bachelor that there is not time to develop a clear thought.

If you think this guy is a good choice and should lead our state into oblivion, go for it! You suck!!!! And don't know a thing.

:p:p:p

;););)

I don' k ow if you guys believe his F.B. page posting but I'm willing to give him a chance to show his mental be or November, otherwise were kinda screwed with the other two who we know won' do any thing to help us out, and further, I think they both have an alternate agenda once they get the big office, that' not something I can abide! Give his F.B. page a look and see what ya think! I agree with etrain16, I'm feeling a little better then I was about the apparent toss under the bus, that Lars didn't allow him to speak and fully state his position is a problem we need to take right to Lars and force him to explain himself and make an apology publicly if Lars is to be taken seriously, he needs to answer for his attitude, and if needed censored going forwards! I do not like Lars at all, he is bombastic and an assist with his own spin and not a serious news source any more! This just proved that!

"It's the law, heard those Jews into the train. But I'll do all I can to change the law..."

I too wait until Election Day to case my vote. And it won't be for someone who is willing to follow a law that strips others of rights.

And if that dude happens to win the R nomination, I'll vote 3rd party independent for reasons stated above.

Lesser of evil is still evil.

Any (R) candidate who goes on record as saying the will ignore "common sense" firearm laws (I'm placing the MSM spin on this to begin will) will have that sound bite played relentlessly during the general election. That will scare any moderates we hope to gain if they think the conservative candidate is a crazy 2A gun nut (again, placing the spin we will be hearing in the election cycle.) Sam's debate response and later follow up make this more difficult for the MSM and gun haters to spin this on him...imho.

Nice discussion all.

that Lars didn't allow him to speak and fully state his position is a problem we need to take right to Lars and force him to explain himself and make an apology publicly if Lars is to be taken seriously, he needs to answer for his attitude, and if needed censored going forwards! I do not like Lars at all, he is bombastic and an assist with his own spin and not a serious news source any more! This just proved that!

That is typical behavior for Lars. Believe me, I've been a victim of him!!!:mad:

Woolridge and Ferris have both gone very negative on my FB feed. Sucks and is disgusting behavior IMO.

Also, something on the news yesterday that Woolridge had some corporate contributions from Calif. IDK what that was all about.

Any (R) candidate who goes on record as saying the will ignore "common sense" firearm laws (I'm placing the MSM spin on this to begin will) will have that sound bite played relentlessly during the general election. That will scare any moderates we hope to gain if they think the conservative candidate is a crazy 2A gun nut (again, placing the spin we will be hearing in the election cycle.) Sam's debate response and later follow up make this more difficult for the MSM and gun haters to spin this on him...imho.

This is from Sam's Facebook page, from a source close to Sam Carpenter:
"The point Sam Carpenter was making is that he'd delay IP43 legally giving it the constitutional test with the idea of legally defeating it.

"When taking office elected, officials in Oregon must, under oath, swear to obey the constitution of the United States which is the supreme law of the land is. Sam gave the only reasonable and honest answer to the IP43 question whereas Buehler and Wooldridge were not as wise.

"By Buehler and Wooldridge saying (ON CAMERA) they would not enforce the law gives the left media and Browns campaign the golden bullet they need build a frenzy of left voters like never before. Can you imagine the news headline or the left campaign ad? The republican candidate admitted your vote does not count. The republican candidate admitted they would not obey Oregon law to further their extreme right wing agenda. The republican candidate refuses to acknowledge the will of the people and the constitution of the United States. We need your vote to stop this radical agenda and save Oregon. They will show the clips over and over of proving their point.

"We have a unique situation in Oregon right now for the first time in thirty years. Many on the left don't like Kate Brown and will not vote for her. This gives us the best chance we've had in decades to replace the left leadership. This is the same reason President Trump won the election; many dominant left leading states didn't have the vote turn out to carry a left majority.

""You can bet the left will build a right wing extremist theme around this debate question and it will scare those who would not have voted for Kate Brown to vote against what it their minds will be tyranny, unconstitutional actions against the people and Hitler like behavior.

This question is exactly what the left needed to save their election and you can bet on that! We have one candidate, Sam Carpenter that gave the only answer that will save our chances to replace left leadership in Oregon."

The point does have merit. At first when I heard Sam's answer to the IP-43 question in the debate, I was really upset. I'm not quite there anymore.

Last Edited:
Today's the day. The only candidate I've not completed on my ballot is governor... I'm that torn...

After carefully weighing the debate and what each candidate has and has not said, I think I'm back to leaning towards Sam, but fear I'm throwing my vote away... Does he really have a chance of winning the primary? And more importantly, can he beat Kate in November.

We really need to surface a contender who can easily win the November election...

I think he was taken a bit out of context. I would hope that Carpenter would exhaust all avenues in defeating 43 & 44 beforehand, thus making enforcement a moot point.

I do however, find it very suspicious that OFF would downgrade him to an F, almost instantly. I am wondering if their was an ulterior motive behind their actions? I thought I read somewhere that they are endorsing Wooldrige.

Effffff politicians...they are more concerned with being elected to office than they are about our rights.

I do however, find it very suspicious that OFF would downgrade him to an F, almost instantly. I am wondering if their was an ulterior motive behind their actions? I thought I read somewhere that they are endorsing Wooldrige.

It seems to me that OFF's immediate downgrade and dismissal of Sam Carpenter as a valid (R) Governor candidate is an overreaction. Right from OFF's website, it says his rating "WAS B+. But said he would enforce gun confiscation. Now F". That is an inaccurate characterization of what Sam said. In fact he has come out and said the opposite.

At this point, I don't think we would be in trouble like a lot of folks are fearing, if he is elected.

I think he is a big 2A supporter. He was just stating he would uphold 43 if it was the law. So I can see we're screwed already. Knute's a rhino, Greg's politics are worrying (to me) and now Sam's being crusified over what I think is an overreaction to his 43 comments. Another 4 years of Brown stain is coming....for us to take this state back is going to take a strong conservative candidate and ALL of us united to get that person elected. At this point I don't see that happening on either point. 2 cents

I initially thought that Sam Carpenter was pretty solid with 2A. Then I heard him on Lars today during the Gov' debate. What a cr@p weasel. He has no spine and threw 2A under the bus. If any California or NJ leftist were to stop walking all of a sudden he would probably break his nose.
What a scumbag, cannot trust any politician and while it may be convenient to vote early it screws you in the end.

I was really disappointed listening to the debate and it wasn't until Sunday with the series of FB posts that I started to feel a little better about it, to the point where I will be voting for him.

Based on the polls, it seems it's him or Knute and I won't vote for the guy who has an anti-2A voting record already. Also, if Sam wins in November, it's a guarantee that 43 and 44 will fail. No way Sam wins and either of the initiatives win. So I think the scenario in the debate is a hypothetical that is essentially impossible. But I also agree with the point that Sam's answer (and follow up comments) make it much harder to paint him as an extremist in the general, at least I hope.

I love OFF but I'm really disappointed in Kevin's response to all this. It was hasty and overboard. Even before the follow up comments I don't think Sam deserved an F (I probably would've put it at a C myself but I wouldn't have had a big problem with a D) and keeping it at F after the comments is very unfair IMO. I'd put him at B- now but wouldn't have a big problem with a C.

I don't get dumping Sam Carpenter over a single comment - one that he came back and very well clarified. He stated strong support for the 2nd, stated he would fight IP43, even into the courts. That's about the best we can hope for in the current lineup.

To those that would vote 3rd party in November if Sam were the candidate - how does that help? We already KNOW what Kate Brown would do. Sam Carpenter has expressed his hate for IP43 and vowed to fight it. Why take a chance? Voting 3rd party in this state is a guaranteed win for Kate Brown. And THAT, in my mind is worse than putting Sam Carpenter in office, far worse.

My vote went to Sam. And if he takes the nomination, it will go to him in November. At this point, anyone but Kate Brown is our absolute best option.

More important than that is that we take back the house and senate in Salem - we need to kill off their majority and absolutely prevent a super majority - otherwise who ends up as governor will be of little consequence if the house and senate can override them.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top