JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
yeah voted him Sam Carpenter hate what he said though.
What I heard is we need to make sure it's not passed and or something about getting into the mechanics of it; what ever that means?!.
But then say yes he'd enforce it as law which is BS.
and or said he's dodging it. WTF?????
starting to sound like later on will have to vote for that Knute or the other?

Sam kind of sounds Like a Jeff Sessions type as well; (Don't want me to enforce the law then change it. ON Marijuana legalization.)
That kind of crap is why I hate Sessions, sorry I support legal weed I also am a no compromise in our Second amendment rights as well.
I'm sick of the either or crap.
There is or was a Independent I kind of Liked IN my research on him his answer on his site about the second amendment was good, but his response on legal marijuana was he's nor a friend nor enemy so that would mean any pro stuff to come across his desk he'd more likely veto. Maybe Should of voted him like I first though?
Oh well if Carpenter still wins or one of the other ????
Sorry our forefathers never intended us to be a either or country we were supposed to more all inclusive which is why the made it a Republic to begin with. with Constitutionally protected minority's against the wiles of the majority.

I voted Knute. I wanted Sam until he said he'd enforce IP43. That statement may have been for political purposes so Brown couldn't use it against him in November. I suspect Knute would have won even if Sam didn't blow it in the debate.

I cannot believe that conservatives would sit out the election in November given a choice between Knute and Kate - I do not understand that kind of thinking. Hey, it's KB against KB. It'll be a tough race - Knute has his work cut out for him. He'd better be talking to those conservatives regularly. Does the state or national Republican party provide any help to the R candidate or are they on their own?

Hopefully a strong, extremely liberal candidate will be running as a 3rd party.

I voted Knute. I wanted Sam until he said he'd enforce IP43. That statement may have been for political purposes so Brown couldn't use it against him in November. I suspect Knute would have won even if Sam didn't blow it in the debate.

I cannot believe that conservatives would sit out the election in November given a choice between Knute and Kate - I do not understand that kind of thinking. Hey, it's KB against KB. It'll be a tough race - Knute has his work cut out for him. He'd better be talking to those conservatives regularly. Does the state or national Republican party provide any help to the R candidate or are they on their own?

Hopefully a strong, extremely liberal candidate will be running as a 3rd party.

I am NOT a friend of Marijuana legalization. The Federal laws are there for more than casual reasons. Truck Drivers, Locomotive Engineers, Airline Pilots, Private Pilots, Gun Buyers and on and on with regard to Public Safety. You might want to fly with a bombed pilot, but others would prefer not to. Regulations have to have a underlying Law to be based on. I voted against Oregon's Law, do you think Oregon and Washington's highways are safer?

I cannot believe that conservatives would sit out the election in November

I think it's quite believable. They did it yesterday. Even Val Hoyle was elected. Maybe not a position to affect gun rights, but from her previous position she had that absolutely did affect our gun rights, this L&I position is just another stepping stone for her. And the conservatives did not come out to stop her. Even the folks from elsewhere in the state that blame and hate Portland, they could have come together to help us stop Val Hoyle, and they did not.

A lot of people here are dumping Knute Buehler because of one vote on a bill? Even though Buehler stands a better chance of getting more of the undecided, left leaning voters than an anti choice, openly religious candidate?

Moot point but...
Knute's email response to my opposition of SB4145 was disingenuous and full of hubris.

On one hand he talked about how important the 2A is to him and on the other hand, he basically alluded to the fact that he knows what is best and will push for "common sense gun-control".

I will vote for the prick in November, but it will be difficult for me to fill in that circle

Sam kind of sounds Like a Jeff Sessions type as well; (Don't want me to enforce the law then change it. ON Marijuana legalization.)
That kind of crap is why I hate Sessions, sorry I support legal weed I also am a no compromise in our Second amendment rights as well.

Well...yes. That how it works. Otherwise it's called a dictatorship. I believe states ignoring marijuana laws was actually the primary downfall of the legal system in the country. States started deciding that they would ignore federal laws and made "medical marijuana" legal. Nothing happened. This was the final slippery slope and soon sanctuary cities and state followed. In California the ChooChoo, that is billions over budget, is required to not go forward because it's over budget...but state official just ignore the "law" with immunity from any action. We could go on and on. This impacts gun rights as well, as we are seeing. States (or cities like Portland) choose to ignore laws (federal and state). Oregon doesn't allow registration or tracking of firearms yet they are doing just this, calling it something else.

I get it, unconstitutional laws should be struck down, but does the dictator of Oregon get to decide what is constitutional?

BTW, if the federal government legalized marijuana or placed it on a different schedule tomorrow, I wouldn't agree, but I also wouldn't lose any sleep over it. I'm just really tired of hearing complete lies about how great it is for society by the pro-legalization groups.

Respectfully, I just think we need to be very careful regarding elected official (or appointed) picking and choosing laws they decide to enforce. Completely agree with the comments regarding a Republic, but is ceases to function when the politicians just do what they want to without respect for the law.

Moot point but...
Knute's email response to my opposition of SB4145 was disingenuous and full of hubris.

On one hand he talked about how important the 2A is to him and on the other hand, he basically alluded to the fact that he knows what is best and will push for "common sense gun-control".

I will vote for the prick in November, but it will be difficult for me to fill in that circle

Correct me if i'm wrong here please. The single bill Beuhler voted FOR was to make it harder/impossible for people with a restraining order/protection order to be able to buy a gun. Some here are making it sound like he voted for gun registration. Are we supposed to string him up because of that one, single vote? Really? That sounds like the anti 2nd Amendment folks saying the NRA is responsible for the murder of school children.

Folks here need to calm down with the rhetoric and make sure Kate Brown doesn't get elected. Your boy that can't keep a marriage together or keep track of his finances is OUT, get used to it and cut the crap!

This place is getting tough read.

Not registration but potential confiscation without due process. I don't think he's as bad as Kate but bad enough. Plus I don't think it was that he voted for it but that he sponsored the bill.

This goes beyond his single vote for the faux "common sense" gun control law, @Mikej .

My take is that many conservatives (myself included) simply don't believe a single thing coming out of the guys mouth. Call it lack of trust for an individual who resonates with the left much more than conservatives or no faith in the guys integrity in general, if you will.
I don't think anyone with a lick of sense isn't able to understand the dynamics involved here. The inevitable choice is clear.

The problem is akin to being forced to buy a '64 Rambler from fast "Guido" down the street with only a handshake rather than a guarantee you can walk home with when the car dies.

Last Edited:
Well...yes. That how it works. Otherwise it's called a dictatorship. I believe states ignoring marijuana laws was actually the primary downfall of the legal system in the country. States started deciding that they would ignore federal laws and made "medical marijuana" legal. Nothing happened. This was the final slippery slope and soon sanctuary cities and state followed.

Sanctuary cities started with Berkeley in the early 70's and other cities followed in the 80's. Sanctuary cities are not a product of states ignoring federal law in regards to marijuana.

@TheShanMan and @ob1 hit the nail on the head. Where did Knute get his $1.8 million in election funds? I wonder what type of compromise he'll need to do to pay that back?

I have no problem voting for the RINO Knute, IF he's my only option to go against Brown. I dont like the guy, nor do I trust him. I do however have a slight problem with compromising my beliefs to vote for the next best thing because I think he has a better shot at winning.

Politicians suck, they all do....some just less than others.

Sanctuary cities started with Berkeley in the early 70's and other cities followed in the 80's. Sanctuary cities are not a product of states ignoring federal law in regards to marijuana.

Yes, Berkeley and other Bay Area locations dabbled in this, but nowhere close to what it is now. In Oakland you recently had an elected official announcing that federal raids were going to happen based on inside information. In 1940 this would have been considered treason. Now it's called Tuesday. The marijuana laws (and again, I'm not using this as a rant against pot) have been the largest instance of states and municipalities COMPLETELY ignoring federal felonies on a massive scale...imho. At this time in our history elected officials can ignore any law they wish to if the angry mobs are behind them.

Well...yes. That how it works. Otherwise it's called a dictatorship. I believe states ignoring marijuana laws was actually the primary downfall of the legal system in the country. States started deciding that they would ignore federal laws and made "medical marijuana" legal. Nothing happened. This was the final slippery slope and soon sanctuary cities and state followed. In California the ChooChoo, that is billions over budget, is required to not go forward because it's over budget...but state official just ignore the "law" with immunity from any action. We could go on and on. This impacts gun rights as well, as we are seeing. States (or cities like Portland) choose to ignore laws (federal and state). Oregon doesn't allow registration or tracking of firearms yet they are doing just this, calling it something else.

I get it, unconstitutional laws should be struck down, but does the dictator of Oregon get to decide what is constitutional?

BTW, if the federal government legalized marijuana or placed it on a different schedule tomorrow, I wouldn't agree, but I also wouldn't lose any sleep over it. I'm just really tired of hearing complete lies about how great it is for society by the pro-legalization groups.

Respectfully, I just think we need to be very careful regarding elected official (or appointed) picking and choosing laws they decide to enforce. Completely agree with the comments regarding a Republic, but is ceases to function when the politicians just do what they want to without respect for the law.
No it's the federal Govt wanting to circumvent what we voted on is the dictatorship!
It's also them undermining our tenth amendment rights is the dictatorship.
States doing their own destiny does not equate a dictatorship it's the federal Govt that does. Sorry were not going to agree then But I am 10,000% in agreement against Federal or state gun control.
It's funny how people will call gun confiscation if it comes at the federal or state level a dictatorship but will allow the federal Govt dictatorship on other issues. (Hypocrisy at it's finest!)
FYI as much as your tired of the how great it is I/ were tired of the anti crowd trying to spread the disinformation about how bad it is.
IF you're saying the either or thing that I pointed out NO not just no but hell to the NO!
Respect for the law isn't what a majority just imposes upon the minority respect for the law is the limits the bill of rights imposed on when where and how the federal, and state Govt's can do.
So yeah if you're saying Sam is correct, then NO! he gets in and enforces unlawful dictates that a anti gun crowd puts in, and illegally are allowed to put on a ballot then I support civil disobedience.
I would hope most would not register anything and not turn in.
Would you support the slavery laws then that were part of our country's history?
You said not respecting the law is when it breaks down or something close to that, so that sounds like you'd of supported those laws?
I wouldn't have hell no!

Last Edited:
I am NOT a friend of Marijuana legalization. The Federal laws are there for more than casual reasons. Truck Drivers, Locomotive Engineers, Airline Pilots, Private Pilots, Gun Buyers and on and on with regard to Public Safety. You might want to fly with a bombed pilot, but others would prefer not to. Regulations have to have a underlying Law to be based on. I voted against Oregon's Law, do you think Oregon and Washington's highways are safer?

I do hope that the federal laws (as well as state laws and company policies) against operating a vehicle while under the influence of pot appy to commercial drivers, non-commercial drivers, pilots, locomotive engineers, gun users, etc. I suspect there is a need to pass laws regulating (oh no, more laws) levels of pot in your system that are dangerous for normal vehicle users with more strict rules for commercial vehicle operators - same as alcohol. I have not reviewed the stats on highway accidents; but since the speeds have been increased for rural roads, and since there seems to be a continuously increasing number of cars on the road including more drivers using pot, I am not sure if any increase in accidents could be attributed to a particular cause. Me? I do not drive under the influence of pot or alcohol - ever.

@TheShanMan and @ob1 hit the nail on the head. Where did Knute get his $1.8 million in election funds? I wonder what type of compromise he'll need to do to pay that back?

I have no problem voting for the RINO Knute, IF he's my only option to go against Brown. I dont like the guy, nor do I trust him. I do however have a slight problem with compromising my beliefs to vote for the next best thing because I think he has a better shot at winning.

Politicians suck, they all do....some just less than others.

I would love to vote conscience myself, and choose a candidate I truly back - Knute is not that person. But the choice for me is pretty clear since Kate has already promised to come after our guns, to actively work against our rights. She has to be stopped, and Knute is the only chance to stop her. So, while he may be the low-end choice among other options, he is the only choice available to those that do care to protect their gun rights. And for me, I feel comfortable in my conscience knowing it's the only real choice I have to make.

If only we could get some better, stronger candidates to choose from. Unfortunately our state doesn't seem to attract those types of people, except on rare occasion, and when it does, they lose.

csa_ap_hill, first, great avatar photo / saying. I bet we could have a great conversation sometime and I'm open to the thoughts and ideas you are saying. We may have some disagreements on practice but I'm always open to listening and knowing I don't always have the answers. It's sometimes hard with a back and forth thread like this.

When it comes to 2A issues, bet we are very close, especially with personal choices on what WE do...nevermind politicians!

Thanks for the conversation and respect to you,

Will

Correct me if i'm wrong here please. The single bill Beuhler voted FOR was to make it harder/impossible for people with a restraining order/protection order to be able to buy a gun. Some here are making it sound like he voted for gun registration. Are we supposed to string him up because of that one, single vote? Really? That sounds like the anti 2nd Amendment folks saying the NRA is responsible for the murder of school children.

Folks here need to calm down with the rhetoric and make sure Kate Brown doesn't get elected. Your boy that can't keep a marriage together or keep track of his finances is OUT, get used to it and cut the crap!

This place is getting tough read.
It was a bad bill. There are already laws in place. It's hard to be a conservative in Salem. So hard, there aren't any.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top