JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It is odd that our political process always has the voters choosing what they think is the lesser of two evils. In the Republican Presidential race there were more than seventeen candidates, but the media at first focused on seventeen. My first pick was Perry, but he was quickly sidelined by Texas Democrats, so I bounced down thru the other candidates with Trump just in the top half of the remainder till there were five or so. I was set against Jeb pretty strong and there were maybe two more I did not care for. Trump seemed to have two big problems to me. He was a New York hustler, and he was a "Born again Conservative". I did not trust him, but I voted for him. I am still not happy with HIM, but very happy with his RESULTS so far.

I hope that Knute can do as well. I did hear some of his Lars interview yesterday and he was naturally upbeat and positive. He claims that Kate is down on her heels politically and he has a clear path to win in Democratic strongholds. We'll see. Again I'll vote for the least of two evils.

It is odd that our political process always has the voters choosing what they think is the lesser of two evils. In the Republican Presidential race there were more than seventeen candidates, but the media at first focused on seventeen. My first pick was Perry, but he was quickly sidelined by Texas Democrats, so I bounced down thru the other candidates with Trump just in the top half of the remainder till there were five or so. I was set against Jeb pretty strong and there were maybe two more I did not care for. Trump seemed to have two big problems to me. He was a New York hustler, and he was a "Born again Conservative". I did not trust him, but I voted for him. I am still not happy with HIM, but very happy with his RESULTS so far.

I hope that Knute can do as well. I did hear some of his Lars interview yesterday and he was naturally upbeat and positive. He claims that Kate is down on her heels politically and he has a clear path to win in Democratic strongholds. We'll see. Again I'll vote for the least of two evils.

You know what I'd really like to see for the Presidential primaries is a one day, all states vote at the same time decision process. Instead of letting certain states determine who WE will get to vote for over a months long process - one that is virtually meaningless to those of us in late primary states, we could have a real chance to help select better candidates. Of course there's no way in hell they'd ever do something like this - yeah, it works for electing the President, but we couldn't possibly do the same thing for a primary. Doing so would prevent the folks that drive the primaries in certain directions from having all the control.

I have a feeling if we had a one day primary vote, we would have someone much different out of that pack of 17. My original choice personally was Cruz - and he could have had a better shot with a single day primary.

Pandaz3

I am NOT a friend of Marijuana legalization. The Federal laws are there for more than casual reasons. Truck Drivers, Locomotive Engineers, Airline Pilots, Private Pilots, Gun Buyers and on and on with regard to Public Safety. You might want to fly with a bombed pilot, but others would prefer not to. Regulations have to have a underlying Law to be based on. I voted against Oregon's Law, do you think Oregon and Washington's highways are safer?

So the threat of being arrested for violating a Marijuana law stops a pilot from flying bombed? Just like a ban on carrying a gun onto school property prevents a school shooting?

Marijuana laws, and most other laws, are irrelevant because the behavior they profess to eliminate are already 'illegal'. You crash a truck you pay for the property damage and lose your job. If a company hires enough 'bombed drivers' the company gets a reputation that eventually shuts them down. Your crash kills a person and you (should) pay the survivors to 'make them whole'.

And for a non-bombed individual, in this case of a crash, we all need to drive defensively because, law or no law, there will be 'bombed drivers' on the road. *If* the law reduced the number of 'bombed drivers' - it won't impact us because we are already driving defensively.

[Some people carry a gun ('drive defensively') and are prepared if there is 1 incident per year or 3 per year]

It will stop someone who uses his pilot certificate for a job. Airline pilots take physicals every six months. each time you take a physical you have to double dog swear on a government form that you have had no DUI's and do not use any kind of illicit drugs including marijuana. The Airlines have a Drug and Alcohol Program where you are randomly tested. THC can be found in the blood as long as 45 days after use. The FAA Security section cruises through government data for DUI arrests, Medical Marijuana Cards and other data that could cast suspicion on a pilot's medical fitness as spelled out in FAA Regulation CFR 14 Part 67. what you think matters, but the NTSB Administrative law judge considers the law as written, not as you would prefer it to be.. That makes the form you filed earlier very important, you lied and they can prove it. You will lose your medical certification for how ever long the judge says, and you will also lose that Pilot's Certificate too.

So if you had been a Airline Captain flying for a Major airline like American, Delta, United with a required Type Rating, say a 737, on the required Airline Transport Pilot certificate with that first class medical...It all goes away. You are fired! For cause! They put it in your file, the one they have to share with any future employer for five years. But we are not done yet.. The offending pilot has to wait whatever period the judge says, say a year, until he can start to do the steps necessary to get that ATP back. First a Student Pilots certificate, then a Private Written test, at least three hours with a Instructor to get your private pilot task skills back to par, then pay for a check ride repeat written and flight test for Instrument, Commercial, Multiengine, and ATP ratings. tedious and expensive, plus no work for a year.

Hey someone will hire you, just not a major airline...ever

So yes I think it works, there are some pilots suspicioned for drugs or alcohol every year. They pay the price.

Work on a train, they have random drug tests too. CDL traffic stop or a accident and it could go sideways for you.

I am NOT a friend of Marijuana legalization. The Federal laws are there for more than casual reasons. Truck Drivers, Locomotive Engineers, Airline Pilots, Private Pilots, Gun Buyers and on and on with regard to Public Safety. You might want to fly with a bombed pilot, but others would prefer not to. Regulations have to have a underlying Law to be based on. I voted against Oregon's Law, do you think Oregon and Washington's highways are safer?

Yes! yes I do for it's proven that wrecks have not significantly increased since legalization.

Yes! yes I do for it's proven that wrecks have not significantly increased since legalization.
No it has not been proven, just because the internet says so does not make it true.

No it has not been proven, just because the internet says so does not make it true.
Yes! it has regardless if your biased attitude doesn't want to accept it or not. Check the stats then, btw which will mostly be on the net.:p
Any site that says otherwise won't take in consideration that having marijuana in your system doesn't mean at the time of the accident they were high, or not; they just note they had it in the system. One thing I found was that some anti marijuana group tried to cite it increased in Colorado, didn't take into consideration that marijuana stores hadn't opened yet. So how could they increase?
Plus why all these years of prohibition when people were driving stoned as well during all those years, would it suddenly now because of a change in legality increase?
You're Biased, and no matter what will not think things are better now than when people had to fear under tyranny of being incarcerated.
P.S. That just because it's on the internet argument is old, and tired out try something different for a change EH!?

As I said although this is a old study it's still prevalent to the discussion.
http://www.grotenhermen.com/driving/bates.pdf
To those who wont follow it says drivers with alcohol will drive faster and more dangerous than those who smoke marijuana before driving.
MJ smokers drive slower, and allow more space in between other cars which is what you're supposed to do anyhow.
I'd wager those that say it's increased are doing more testing now than before, plus I'd say they more than likely had alcohol in the system as well, which kind of taints the argument that MJ now legal is causing more crashes; because they were more likely on alcohol as well.
Plus things like that go in trends to begin with, I'd wager years it was illegal fatal, or other trends went up and down, and all or most had alcohol or other drugs in the system; and only tested when they felt like they had a need.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top