JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't get dumping Sam Carpenter over a single comment - one that he came back and very well clarified. He stated strong support for the 2nd, stated he would fight IP43, even into the courts. That's about the best we can hope for in the current lineup.

To those that would vote 3rd party in November if Sam were the candidate - how does that help? We already KNOW what Kate Brown would do. Sam Carpenter has expressed his hate for IP43 and vowed to fight it. Why take a chance? Voting 3rd party in this state is a guaranteed win for Kate Brown. And THAT, in my mind is worse than putting Sam Carpenter in office, far worse.

My vote went to Sam. And if he takes the nomination, it will go to him in November. At this point, anyone but Kate Brown is our absolute best option.

More important than that is that we take back the house and senate in Salem - we need to kill off their majority and absolutely prevent a super majority - otherwise who ends up as governor will be of little consequence if the house and senate can override them.

Agreed. Brown has an anti-2A agenda that she will actively continue pursuing. I don't see any reason to think Sam would actively pursue an agenda even if you don't buy his response, unless you just think he's such a huge liar that he is literally the opposite of what he's painting himself to be.

Today's the day. The only candidate I've not completed on my ballot is governor... I'm that torn...

After carefully weighing the debate and what each candidate has and has not said, I think I'm back to leaning towards Sam, but fear I'm throwing my vote away... Does he really have a chance of winning the primary? And more importantly, can he beat Kate in November.

We really need to surface a contender who can easily win the November election...

Anyone is better than what we currently have . Sam might still be OK , A new politician isn' a seasoned B.S. er . and is easy to get hung up to dry.

I don't get dumping Sam Carpenter over a single comment - one that he came back and very well clarified.

A lot of people here are dumping Knute Buehler because of one vote on a bill? Even though Buehler stands a better chance of getting more of the undecided, left leaning voters than an anti choice, openly religious candidate?

A lot of people here are dumping Knute Buehler because of one vote on a bill? Even though Buehler stands a better chance of getting more of the undecided, left leaning voters than an anti choice, openly religious candidate?

Wasn't just that for me, but knowing he had the support of progressives too (Progressives for Knute) that concerns me. I would still vote for Knute over Kate any day of the week. Still, for the primary, I wanted to give Sam a chance.

See, I feel the same way, I fully expect Buehler to win the primary. And, honestly, I think he's the only candidate that could beat Ole Kate...

My preference would be to see Sam win it all... It could still happen... Talk about the May surprise...

See, I feel the same way, I fully expect Buehler to win the primary. And, honestly, I think he's the only candidate that could beat Ole Kate...

My preference would be to see Sam win it all... It could still happen... Talk about the May surprise...

Possibly. 4 years ago, Dennis Richardson had a real chance for beating Kate - save for the votes tossed to 3rd party candidates. Kate barely got 50% of the vote. And Dennis, to me, is more conservative than Knute. I get the idea that a more centrist Republican is likely to have a chance in Oregon, but a strong conservative might get some voters to turn out that normally stay home.

That ONE vote for reals vs a 15 second miss steep answer is exactly WHY we should all dump Knute! Knute was already in a possession to vote the will of the people, and he chose to toss the 2nd under the bus! Just how far do you trust him with your rights NOW? And what if were forced to "Pick the lesser of two evils" in November, and its him and Kate, we all know what happens with Kate, but what's scary is what happens if Knute beats the Broom Factory Test Pilot, what is he going to do with our 2nd rights then? I don't trust him any more then I trust Kate! Sam does have a chance, slim maybe, but he is our best option unless and until something changes!

I hope we dont get burned by SC if he gets the nod!!
He seemed to me to be the solid answer on paper but, then he seemed to get exposed by Lars and our ballots were already in the mail! Worried he will do us dirty after he opened his mouth.

I hope we dont get burned by SC if he gets the nod!!
He seemed to me to be the solid answer on paper but, then he seemed to get exposed by Lars and our ballots were already in the mail! Worried he will do us dirty after he opened his mouth.

We have to worry about any of them doing US dirty .With the excption of Kate we know she will and continue to do so. .If she wins we are done . The IP44 needs to be as strongly addressed as IP 43 has been some of the stuff in 44 is totally rediculess

Last Edited:

Yes. And I'm not convinced he stands a better chance in the election. You might get fewer votes from those who prefer the less conservative candidate but with Knute you'd get fewer votes from conservatives, especially those who don't bother voting because there isn't anyone to get excited about. I will vote for Knute in the general if he wins though. Better than Brown for sure!

Yes. And I'm not convinced he stands a better chance in the election. You might get fewer votes from those who prefer the less conservative candidate but with Knute you'd get fewer votes from conservatives, especially those who don't bother voting because there isn't anyone to get excited about. I will vote for Knute in the general if he wins though. Better than Brown for sure!
The vote is to divided its a room of the dice on who will win. Repubs used to stand up for 2A rights .Now its not a given at least not on the West coast.

Probably all a moot point now. As of 8:30pm, Knute is leading with almost 48% of the vote, Sam is 2nd but far below at 29% of the vote - almost 40,000 votes separate them - doubtful that Sam will make up the difference.

What's more telling, and concerning, is that 50,000 more votes have been cast by Democrats in the primary than in the Republican primary (roughly 250,000 D votes vs 195,000 R votes). That's not good news if we hope to defeat blood Kate in November. As we've often noted, we don't have the numbers. We can only hope those that aren't voting in the primaries - the non-affiliated, the independents, etc., may be able to help us, but we need to keep a close eye on this issue.

As we've often noted, we don't have the numbers.
Oregon has over 4M people, Mult. County has 807,555. Its well known that the population centers control the states politics...

We don't have enough conservatives that actually care to vote... and it couldn't be easier here by mail.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top