JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Those Sheriff's that have stated they won't enforce it, should go about biz as usual...perform the required background checks and allow firearms purchases to keep moving...would love to see some stand up to this tyranny...

Those Sheriff's that have stated they won't enforce it, should go about biz as usual...perform the required background checks and allow firearms purchases to keep moving...would love to see some stand up to this tyranny...
The only problem is our sheriff's don't do the BGC, it's the Oregon State Police, and they are always in lockstep with the State, and they do NOT care what is or is not constitutional! Our sheriff's might tell OSP to Bugger off, but then what, they are not equipped, staffed, or funded to do the BGCs!
A right delayed is a right denied, that might be the straw needed to get the sheriff's to step in!

The only problem is our sheriff's don't do the BGC, it's the Oregon State Police, and they are always in lockstep with the State
Oregon's top cop:

Screen Shot 2022-11-17 at 22.28.37.png
Because she's the best we've got. Appointed by Kate Brown, 11/20. You figure it out.

Most sheriffs have said they wont enforce the magazine ban. None of them have come out and said they wont enforce the permit. Im still waiting for a few sherriffs to say they will resist enforcement of 114 b other state agencies.

If I was a firearms dealer I''d be asking the Federal courts for an injunction on implementation, based on the fact that no one in Oregon can get a permit to exercise one's 2A rights and as a seller suffering irreparable economic harm. I'll live, but maybe not my LGS.

The last OSP director quit because they were asked to cover the riots and the Portland DA refused to prosecute any rioters. So it follows that sh!tstain brown would appoint a person who follows her twisted orders. They will do ZERO to oppose this because of that.

Article from a little bit before he quit:

Last Edited:
I'm glad everyone is pointing out how "Lift Every Voice" is playing dumb all of a sudden to the chaos they have created. I seriously hope a class action lawsuit happens against them.
You can't sue someone/ an entity for using a ballot process that the (tiny) majority of voters approved. Would the defendants be all who voted "yes"?

Lift Every Voice probably is not playing dumb. They don't know the first thing about guns. More importantly, the leaders can't even imagine wanting a firearm under any circumstances, so they can't begin to understand why a half year delay in buying one would be a problem to anyone. They didn't know, but they probably think it's great! In Portland most of my friends and neighbors would never, ever even want to own a firearm.

You can't sue someone/ an entity for using a ballot process that the (tiny) majority of voters approved. Would the defendants be all who voted "yes"?

Lift Every Voice probably is not playing dumb. They don't know the first thing about guns. More importantly, the leaders can't even imagine wanting a firearm under any circumstances, so they can't begin to understand why a half year delay in buying one would be a problem to anyone. They didn't know, but they probably think it's great! In Portland most of my friends and neighbors would never, ever even want to own a firearm.
I agree with you. Its difficult to talk logically with many of my friends when it comes to 2A issues. They just automatically think things will get better if no one is allowed to buy a firearm.

Most sheriffs have said they wont enforce the magazine ban. None of them have come out and said they wont enforce the permit. Im still waiting for a few sherriffs to say they will resist enforcement of 114 b other state agencies.
With the permit to purchase there is nothing to enforce. I'd like to see a sheriff send out a permit to every adult in their county. They could even print the 4 rules of firearm safety on the permit and say they approve that as training for the permit.

I agree with you. Its difficult to talk logically with many of my friends when it comes to 2A issues. They just automatically think things will get better if no one is allowed to buy a firearm.
Till the fascists come. People on both ends of the political ideological spectrum are worried about fascists, just some wear black balacalavas and some wear MAGA hats and Fred Perry shirts, depending on perspective.

My sell is a 9.0 earthquake and what happens afterward.

Till the fascists come. People on both ends of the political ideological spectrum are worried about fascists, just some wear black balacalavas and some wear MAGA hats and Fred Perry shirts, depending on perspective.

My sell is a 9.0 earthquake and what happens afterward.
haha, its always the extremes that get people reaching for arms. Yet erosions of right over time get ignored and accepted.

Off topic, I've been grabbing hi-capacity magazines like crazy to have them, but it's dawning on me that I now need five 10 rounders for every gun I own…:(

Off topic, I've been grabbing hi-capacity magazines like crazy to have them, but it's dawning on me that I now need five 10 rounders for every gun I own…:(
It says the > 10rd mags have to stay at home, but there are exceptions like a going to the range and "other recreational activities"? Concealed carry is one of my recreational activities.

Last Edited:

If Lift Every Voice had promoted and advanced (by submitting the initiative petition) a ballot measure that required every woman to register and get a permit (which put her in a publicly searchable database that included residence address) that required her to pay a fee to vote, would it not be actionable?

What we have here is not a constitutional free speech issue. It is a conspiracy to deny civil rights to a large group of people. The idea that such a conspiracy is simply the exercise of freedom of speech is repugnant, and that applies to all constitutional rights.

The idea that an attempt to deny constitutional rights is simply an exercise in free speech and representative government is countered by the fact that the rights are denied for a time, and regained at considerable expense, by the victims. To hold the perpetrators harmless is unconscionable.

You're forgetting—republic or not—laws get enacted or not by a simple majority. 2A rights aren't as clear to most people who don't have a specific interest in armed self-defense, in hunting or even owning guns to shoot at targets for fun. No one questioned gun control till the 1970s, and the Supreme Court didn't make bearing arms an individual right till Heller in 2008. In Heller the court left room for regulation and certain limitations on firearms ownership.

It's also a mistake to think of the law harming the rights of a "large group of people" as though it targets a specific group of people. With a few small exceptions for people performing public safety duties, the law applies to everyone. If people's rights are being trampled by the majority then the Federal Courts have to deal with it. It's more of a disagreement on what the 2A means than a conspiracy.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews