JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Will you be attending on February 9th?

• Yes! Protecting our rights is of the utmost importance.

Votes: 43 75.4%
  • No. But I will be contributing to the event's fundraiser.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. I can't make it.

Votes: 9 15.8%
  • No. It's not worth my time.

Votes: 5 8.8%

• Total voters
Status
The arguments about carry are a waste of time. There were many at the rallies in the past that carried openly, and it wasn't a problem. All we need is to make sure that we are united in message. We will all need to be vigilant and respectful of others whether we agree 100% on some issues or not. Be watchful for posers, those that would be unsafe, or who may to do us harm. For the ones being unsafe, a respectful reminder will most likely make them more aware. I doubt that there will be many there who would purposely sabotage our efforts.

If this is like past rallies, we're foot soldiers for the organizers. They know what they're doing and depend on us having the courage to stand up for our rights. Don't go there expecting to be entertained for hours on end. There will be some speakers that motivate. Some are better speakers than others. You will be encouraged to learn more about our legislative process and work within the system.

Don't expect this to end with unicorns, lollipops, and rainbows for all. This is one form of rallying around the cause, finding out what else needs to be done, and making your own commitment. It's also about letting your legislators, the people of Oregon, and each other know that we won't stand by and be trampled and controlled by fear and emotions.

The arguments about carry are a waste of time.

Well, the only arguments that I have seen here about carrying are regarding whether Oregon's CHL law is Constitutional or not, and whether one needs to have a CHL to carry loaded and concealed in Oregon. I honestly don't know what that has to do at all with the rally, so I am amazed why it keeps being repeatedly interjected into this discussion.

There were many at the rallies in the past that carried openly, and it wasn't a problem.

Agreed, except for the idiots that entered the capitol with black rifles. They certainly harmed our cause.

You know, when the Oregonian covered the last protest, 10 out of the 14 photos they posted of the event were close-ups focused on showing the guns that people were carrying, and not the actual protest itself.

People really should take that into consideration. Why give our opponents material to use against us?

Oath Keeps and Patrick Henry are a good start for sponsoring organizations. Wondering why OFF hasn't said anything in support of this. Support from Kevin Sterrett can lead to larger sponsors. Lars Larson maybe? I also agree that without bills presented, it's difficult to pick the specific talking points. We can easily use the list from the last go round if they haven't announced anything by then. Unfortunately, I don't think that it's going to be an issue by mid February.

Hmm I got an email from him a response to that question earlier and he definitely supports it, so don't know. Ask him.

I'm not saying that you cannot have this discussion if you want to. I'm just saying that you should start your own thread about the topic, instead of interjecting it here into this discussion about the Salem rally. Doing that does a real disservice to this discussion. Besides being off-topic...

will do thread police.....

Could the circus that this thread has turned into be a sample of the circus that the rally will turn into? Possibly, if the people attending the rally consider how they look and act (perception and message), it could go either way.

If the majority dressed in business attire and carried AR15's or open carried handguns, we may be considered to be respectful and trustworthy via the pictures taken. If the majority dressed in tactical, camouflage, or hillbilly attire, with AR15's or open carried handguns, we would look scary and irresponsible via the pictures taken.

Personally, I feel that the "pro gun rally" protesting in Salem the last few years has been somewhat ineffective. I feel that the liberal media will always look for the minority fringe element attending the rally and make it look like all gun owners are radicals and irresponsible in order to advance the liberal message that all guns are scary and all gun owners are irresponsible.

I feel that this session, especially with both the House and Senate controlled by a Democrat majority, we as gun owners would be far more effective if each one of us scheduled appointments with our representatives and sat down with them, gave them respect, and helped to change their mind about responsible gun owners so that any new laws being considered would work in favor of responsible gun owners instead of against us.

Many of us already write our representatives, and this needs to continue, but we need to ask ourselves, what more can I do that might actually be an effective method to influence my representatives? Personal contact is my solution. Attending a rally is low on my list of effective solutions to influence my representatives.

Change the perception of gun owners by personal contact with our representatives and be ready to offer responsible solutions to real problems we face in our society. If you choose to attend the rally, please consider the nonverbal (message) that you send by how others see you (perception).

Just curious, does anyone know how well supported this rally will be? Checking back on the Facebook site, I see they have a total of 580 members, with a total of 30 people responding to the poll here (29 saying they'll attend).

I would like to attend a rally in support of our rights, but to do so, I've got to take a day off work. I'd like to know that it's for a group that's going to have enough numbers to get noticed. I'm still not convinced that this rally is going to be the right one, and so I'm considering saving that day off for a, perhaps, better organized rally.

What do you guys think? Are you hearing much about this? I'd really like to be part of a big rally, one that will get the lawmakers attention. Is this going to be it? I'm just not hearing or seeing much outside of this one thread. Certainly not the type of communication I'd expect with a large, well-organized rally.

From previous rallies, it seems that people on this forum were but a small portion of those attending. Word of mouth and other forms of social media were also at work. Since the anti-gun bills haven't been introduced yet, there aren't any hard specifics to protest. Perhaps they're waiting until after the rally to introduce those.

So timid are you guys.
Our rights are not tentative.
"Do this, don't do that" why not just ask the antis what they want? Then just follow public opinion.. It would seem social conditioning on their part is already working against us.

WE have allowed this anti firearm mentality to fester and come into fruition because we didnt smack it down when it first crept up.
Thats what we need to do now and to refuse to acknowledge hypocritical, unconstitutional and asinine laws and ordinances.

By oneself being a martyr won't work however being in a large group may and does send a message. "We will not comply".

We are in the trouble we're in because of weak firearm owners.

So timid are you guys.
"Do this, don't do that" why not just ask the antis what they want? Then just follow public opinion.. It would seem social conditioning on their part is already working against us.

WE have allowed this anti firearm mentality to fester and come into fruition because we didnt smack it down when it first crept up.
Thats what we need to do now and to refuse to acknowledge hypocritical, unconstitutional and asinine laws and ordinances.

By oneself being a martyr won't work however being in a large group may and does send a message. "We will not comply".

I'm not sure who you are suggesting is timid. But since I posted on this today I'm guessing I might be one of those you have in mind? All I wanted to know was whether this was going to be a well-planned, well-attended (potentially) rally so it will, as you pointed out, be a large group, which can send a message. From what I've seen about this particular rally, I'm not convinced yet it will be a large group, in fact, I'm suspecting it may not be. If I'm going to take the time off work, I want to know it counts for something. I agree with you that we gun owners need to be active and stand up to be counted.

I'm not sure who you are suggesting is timid. But since I posted on this today I'm guessing I might be one of those you have in mind? All I wanted to know was whether this was going to be a well-planned, well-attended (potentially) rally so it will, as you pointed out, be a large group, which can send a message. From what I've seen about this particular rally, I'm not convinced yet it will be a large group, in fact, I'm suspecting it may not be. If I'm going to take the time off work, I want to know it counts for something. I agree with you that we gun owners need to be active and stand up to be counted.
Oh no no, I meant that in general. Reading about the mid post down when it pops up on my phone they were all anti OC posts I see eye to eye with you quite a bit.

In general we get so divided in OC and anti OC.. It seems like we arent as tight of a community as we should be.

Oh no no, I meant that in general. Reading about the mid post down when it pops up on my phone they were all anti OC posts I see eye to eye with you quite a bit.

In general we get so divided in OC and anti OC.. It seems like we arent as tight of a community as we should be.

I figured as much, but thought I'd ask :) I agree, you and I are usually on the same page, so I was just curious.

I'm hoping for a big rally in Salem in the not too distant future - I really want to be there - but I also want the timing and the planning to be right to get as much attention on those lawmakers as possible. I'm not yet convinced this rally is the one that's going to do it. Maybe that will change before Feb 9th.

If I am going to take a day off of work AND have to be somewhere at 8AM it will be to give testimony against pending gun bills and/or an OFF mega rally.

Also since my wife will be working, I would have to take the kids out of school and bring them.

So timid are you guys.

Urging people to obey the law at the rally is not being timid. It is simply common sense.

Telling people that they don't have to obey current laws, don't need to have a CHL in order to carry concealed, or can carry a loaded firearm in the capital without having a CHL, are all very bad advice.

Could the circus that this thread has turned into be a sample of the circus that the rally will turn into? Possibly, if the people attending the rally consider how they look and act (perception and message), it could go either way.

Sure, the rally could potentially backfire and be a disaster, if people don't show common sense.

It would only take one fanatic person causing a disturbance to create a fiasco. Especially if the police then discovered that the protester was violating current gun laws, and arrested him.

Just imagine the newspaper headlines.

Well, he is definitely now famous. Is the guy on the far right actually wearing some kind of mask? That is not at all a good idea.

It is sort of odd that he has no sights on this AR15 handgun. At least none that I can see.

AP841004985112.jpg

Last Edited:
Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads